Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourite Keyboard SET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Favourite Keyboard SET Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a favourite piano keyboard set of (ST1 piano, ST2 elec piano,ST3 organ and ST4 another elec piano) which I have saved in SONGBOOK. I would like the keyboard to use this set when I select another style playing live, rather than pick up the ST1-ST4 associated with the new style. Anyway I can do this? Very basic question, but I'm scratching my head for an answer. Regards, Ross
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rosco
Just press "STYLE TO KBD SET" button to OFF (no light) then the style selected will not load another Keyboard Set

See page 57 in the User Manual

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Note that this will NOT work if you select a SONGBOOK entry - only if you select a different style...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,
Tried your suggestion but ST1-ST4 still changes.
This is what I did.
I loaded the favourite ST1-ST4 from SONGBOOK, which shows up in the screen, under 1,2,3 and 4 at the bottom. All good.
The Style to KBD SET light is OFF.
I then push ballad/brush ballad and ST1-ST4 changes to Nylon Gtr/ Organ/ Trumpet/Harmonica.
Maybe I need to change something somewhere under global or menu??
Regards, Ross
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Favourite Keyboard SET Reply with quote

Rosco_Australia wrote:
.. but I'm scratching my head for an answer. ..

The function described on page 57 is incorrect with Pa4x/1000/700 because it only works without a songbook.

Although complaints were made several times, this malfunction of the songbook was not resolved, but was justified with the specious statement that this function was intentionally implemented for the songbook.

Since this faulty function is unusable with songbook, at least for the Pa4x in the globals with version 3.0. the possibility to lock Keyboard Sets (Global > General Controls > Lock Control page was added.

When this lock is closed, the four currently selected Keyboard Sets are preserved, when choosing a different Style or SongBook Entry.
With this lock open, selecting a Style or SongBook Entry will select the four Keyboard Sets they contain.
For the Pa1000/700 not even this failed, imperfect "Keyboard Sets Lock" was added and therefore Rosco_Australia desired function is still not possible with songbook of these keyboards.

Korg should be ashamed of the lack of updates and poor features that they unfortunately ignore for the middle class of their Pa-Series - and really should scratch his head why

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Favourite Keyboard SET Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Rosco_Australia wrote:
.. but I'm scratching my head for an answer. ..

The function described on page 57 is incorrect with Pa4x/1000/700 because it only works without a songbook.

Although complaints were made several times, this malfunction of the songbook was not resolved, but was justified with the specious statement that this function was intentionally implemented for the songbook.

Since this faulty function is unusable with songbook, at least for the Pa4x in the globals with version 3.0. the possibility to lock Keyboard Sets (Global > General Controls > Lock Control page was added.

When this lock is closed, the four currently selected Keyboard Sets are preserved, when choosing a different Style or SongBook Entry.
With this lock open, selecting a Style or SongBook Entry will select the four Keyboard Sets they contain.
For the Pa1000/700 not even this failed, imperfect "Keyboard Sets Lock" was added and therefore Rosco_Australia desired function is still not possible with songbook of these keyboards.

Korg should be ashamed of the lack of updates and poor features that they unfortunately ignore for the middle class of their Pa-Series - and really should scratch his head why

Hello Siebenhirter,
Thanks for your advice. I have changed lock controls page, and it works perfect!!
I notice their is a padlock (open or closed) on the main screen, which you can toggle off and on.
I'm very happy.
Regards, Rosco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: