Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE Reply with quote

We want stable versionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:

Neighbor 🍻
I don't thinks so buddy,... If they could or knew how,they would fix all by now...
They cannot admit that they made bad/fail product, so they kept quiet....

Wait for new Korg or simply stay with Pa4... Orrr perhaps change brand....
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:

Depending on how important this is for you and if you are really P@#!@d Off, you could consider taking Legal action...

Due to high costs, you should seriously consider Group litigation, preferably within your own country, that will require a PA5X going off for some deep analysis before a case can be considered and a claim entered...

If that fails, then you may consider going to court, and this is where Group litigation is preferable and will easy financial burdens for all concerned.

Depending on the size of complaints, then International litigation could also be an option.

Note:
This is a tragedy and sad day we have arrived at when we are even thinking about this for all those concerned and connected to PA5X, be it a Hobbyist, Professional Musician (earning a living) and all those inbetween.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said that group legal action should have been considered 2 years ago . The long time period since then does not work in your favour as you have accepted the product with its shortfalls or for many , knew about the shortfalls and purchased it anyway .

You’re gonna just have to live with a bad purchasing decision I’m afraid . The time has passed for getting your money back or compensation for most of you .

It’s a hard lesson to learn but hopefully one you’ll never forget.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth,

Not sure that I would agree with you. In a court case, what would matter are the claims made by the manufacturer. I think. 🤔
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pa4x_user"]Worth,

Not sure that I would agree with you. In a court case, what would matter are the claims made by the manufacturer. I think. 🤔[/quote]

No worries at all my brother . Disagreement is good when all we want to do is explore solutions .

I am no expert on this . But I think the problem will be that the owners of these instruments were aware of the claims of the manufacturer, despite the evidence that those claims were not being honoured at all or at best ,in a timely predictable manner .

Despite this, they continued to keep the instrument and use the instrument when they had the right to return it, as soon as they were aware of its deficiencies.

They should have returned it in a reasonable time period when they realised it was unfit for its purpose and breached the manufacturers description.

Instead, they held the instruments and continued to use it in the mistaken belief that the manufacturer would produce a fix as it had in the past in the
hope that it would make good on their promises at some point in the future again .

And this is the problem.

At some point in the future ,continues to this day and beyond. Trying to secure a remedy or compensation for a solution that may still come by the hand of the manufacturer, as remotely as that now seems , is going to be difficult to secure in any civil case .

Secondly the owners of these instruments kept them and used them thereby obtaining some utility or benefit from the instrument “ as is” despite its short comings .

What is reasonable now given the passage of time and the fact that the instruments are now well and truly used goods ?

I wish anyone that wants to pursue this matter, legally to consider their costs, the risks, and the potential benefits. I am not a lawyer, although I have had some legal training . The laws around consumer protection are not as straight forward as folks think they are .

Anyway what do I know 😂

Good luck .
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:

My Pa5x is stable for me; I don't get all the acrimony???
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
Bescki wrote:

My Pa5x is stable for me; I don't get all the acrimony???

tbh, I think all the "issues" are with those folks who do a lot of sampling and other arcane and esoteric tasks.

For those who simply use it as is or only need to edit/tweak styles and use it pretty much as Korg intended, there are not too many issues.

Unfortunately there are plenty of "drama queens" who really are running with the "chicken little" theme. The sky really isn't falling, and the sun will rise tomorrow. For the most part, with "standard" user operation, the PA5 is 100% ok.

Even "power users" like Qui Robinez have no issues with it really. And just look at all the work Qui does!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No drama here as well Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I am far from being characterized as a 'power user', for that I am too new to using Pa5X. But in my own eyes, it has had a bit of a run since it came into the house.
Have had an error where the keyboard switched itself off and on again, and that was when trying to convert a large file with older Korg files.
It went into the trash, and later I learned that the same thing happened to a Pa4X user who tried to load some of the files.
So my conclusion so far is that the error I experienced was a user error, and that neither Korg nor Pa5X can be blamed this time.
The Pa5X-76 is a fantastic instrument. 👍🎶😊
It may well be that the Musikant version would suit me better than the International version. But that choice cannot be blamed on anyone but myself.

Happy Holidays everybody! 🎅🎄🎶
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:
Hi.
I am far from being characterized as a 'power user', for that I am too new to using Pa5X. But in my own eyes, it has had a bit of a run since it came into the house.
Have had an error where the keyboard switched itself off and on again, and that was when trying to convert a large file with older Korg files.
It went into the trash, and later I learned that the same thing happened to a Pa4X user who tried to load some of the files.
So my conclusion so far is that the error I experienced was a user error, and that neither Korg nor Pa5X can be blamed this time.
The Pa5X-76 is a fantastic instrument. 👍🎶😊
It may well be that the Musikant version would suit me better than the International version. But that choice cannot be blamed on anyone but myself.

Happy Holidays everybody! 🎅🎄🎶

Yep an in most cases it is user error, however users, not wanting to appear stupid, never admit to making one or two small errors in applying this stuff!

So they continue on with "it's the keyboard" or Korgs fault, or something else!

Where there were genuine bugs, so far, Korg have fixed them, afaics. The biggest single thing, is users have not got their heads around - "ITS A DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEM" and they just expected everything was going to work "same old", yours truly included!

However once that is truly absorbed into the psyche, you realise there really is nothing wrong with this keyboard.

Are the operational things that can be changed or added to? Sure, but that does not mean the Pa5 is not working as it's software was designed, because it does!!

It is, and sorry if this offends anyone, pretty much user ignorance and error!
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use this keyboard outta the box and use factory styles and sounds.
You're fine!

If you're an advanced user where all you use is USER styles, sound, samples, use step recording need to assign specific things in certain locations than this keyboard is not ready.

The KORG PA4X had all these tools for advanced users. People like me who use external sound modules don't buy a PA5X because of the sounds. I bought it because of the extra outputs, sample memory and number of user sound samples and mainly use it as a midi controller!

I need the tools to create my own styles easily. Just like the 4x, 3x, 2x, pa800, i30. They removed things that made USER work easier! such as A DELETE button, or the REDO UNDO function. PLAIN F%#king stupid.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problems Appears when you dig in to it!
If you try to create Styles, Its very unstable IF you like to change from 4/4 to 6/8 or so.
Also SAMPLE editing can be painfull

And if you edit the FX section it,s acting like my Granma, But even if its like this, When and IF you can make a new sound, You say WOOOW!

Sounds really cool.

I hope KORG can save this KB,s Past, and make it for the future.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am just a basic player who has owned six Korg arrangers (as well as two Yamaha arrangers also) and wanted to ask pax-eterna.1 a question.

Am I being a 'drama queen' just because I would like to enjoy the quick record feature ?

I actually don't consider this to be a feature exclusive to advanced in depth players, in fact I would say it's the opposite, designed for the more basic players.

We seem to have a few Forum Members on here that like to throw insults at others. I've already had to PM one Forum Member for his insulting behaviour (who should know better) but continues to talk down to other Forum Members in his arrogant and condescending manner.

Finally,regarding the O/S, I don't recall this many unsorted issues on previous Korg arrangers I have owned and I certainly never had any issues on either of the two Tyros arrangers I owned so why now ? I also own a Korg Nautilus 88 and that works perfectly for me.
Chris
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
I am just a basic player who has owned six Korg arrangers (as well as two Yamaha arrangers also) and wanted to ask pax-eterna.1 a question.

Am I being a 'drama queen' just because I would like to enjoy the quick record feature ?

I actually don't consider this to be a feature exclusive to advanced in depth players, in fact I would say it's the opposite, designed for the more basic players.

We seem to have a few Forum Members on here that like to throw insults at others. I've already had to PM one Forum Member for his insulting behaviour (who should know better) but continues to talk down to other Forum Members in his arrogant and condescending manner.

Finally,regarding the O/S, I don't recall this many unsorted issues on previous Korg arrangers I have owned and I certainly never had any issues on either of the two Tyros arrangers I owned so why now ? I also own a Korg Nautilus 88 and that works perfectly for me.
Chris

Well, Ask him, IF HE CREATED ANY STYLE SAMPLE OR A DEEPLY EDITED SOUND!?''

Another insulting and i promis you all, HE IS OUT! Not only here, Thats a promis, in these hard time no more Negativity , we are a forum Well respected one, not something in a corner of Google,So Start there RESPECT, Create, ASK, BUILD,

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: