Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG YOU ARE TOO LATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks let’s not start to attack each other over plastic metal and assorted electronic components .

We are better than that .

The fact is Korg produced an unstable product that was deficient from the outset ( does it have a detailed fully functioning sequencer yet ? ) .

If it was advertised as having features and functions to enable amateur and “power users “ to be able to fully utilise the instrument according to the creative abilities of the user , then at the very least it should meet this expectation .

In Plain language…. It doesn’t!

So let’s not beat this dead horse to a pulp . At this stage now it has become a slaughter house 🤣🤣🤣

Do your best within the limitations of the keyboard and accept the life lesson this painful purchase has taught you .

I have to say this because I did not and would not buy this instrument in its current state .

That’s why I kept the pa4x and it might be the last keyboard I buy for the foreseeable future .

I learned my lesson years ago .
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have converted many styles from the Yamaha without any issues. I haven't seen a need to add additional sounds yet as I am in the US and the standard sound set suits me fine. If I was going to create a style from scratch I would use Cubase; I hate using arrangers built in style creation tools as they are not specialized for that; even on the Genos.

Do I think there are areas of the keyboard which can be improved; YES. Do I think the keyboard is buggy and unusable ABSOLUTELY NOT!

What is also quite perplexing is folks bashing the keyboard and then turning around and trying to sell custom products for the same keyboard.
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
I have converted many styles from the Yamaha without any issues. I haven't seen a need to add additional sounds yet as I am in the US and the standard sound set suits me fine. If I was going to create a style from scratch I would use Cubase; I hate using arrangers built in style creation tools as they are not specialized for that; even on the Genos.

Do I think there are areas of the keyboard which can be improved; YES. Do I think the keyboard is buggy and unusable ABSOLUTELY NOT!

What is also quite perplexing is folks bashing the keyboard and then turning around and trying to sell custom products for the same keyboard.

^^^^ THIS! In any case, mine is now sold and I am moving on. If I even look at another arranger it will be a module like those offered by Ketron. Good luck to all with your future PA5s
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:

Yes cause when I'm stage before a show or during a practice and I need to make an edit or a change I'm gonna tell whoever is singing with me or playing with me.

"hold on lemme connect cue-base to just to make a simple change"

not practical at all
having a delete button in style edit or undo, redo or step recording is not asking for much, its basics.
Yamko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

Yes cause when I'm stage before a show or during a practice and I need to make an edit or a change I'm gonna tell whoever is singing with me or playing with me.

not practical at all
having a delete button in style edit or undo, redo or step recording is not asking for much, its basics.

Dear, what kind of nonsense are you promoting here???
If you are going to perform, you must first and foremost be prepared, and no one does drastic things on a stage!!!!
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Folks let’s not start to attack each other over plastic metal and assorted electronic components .

We are better than that .

The fact is Korg produced an unstable product that was deficient from the outset ( does it have a detailed fully functioning sequencer yet ? ) .

If it was advertised as having features and functions to enable amateur and “power users “ to be able to fully utilise the instrument according to the creative abilities of the user , then at the very least it should meet this expectation .

In Plain language…. It doesn’t!

So let’s not beat this dead horse to a pulp . At this stage now it has become a slaughter house 🤣🤣🤣

Do your best within the limitations of the keyboard and accept the life lesson this painful purchase has taught you .

I have to say this because I did not and would not buy this instrument in its current state .

That’s why I kept the pa4x and it might be the last keyboard I buy for the foreseeable future .

I learned my lesson years ago .

+1

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamko wrote:
Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

not practical at all

If you are going to perform, you must first and foremost be prepared, and no one does drastic things on a stage!!!!

You don't play how I play and I don't play like how you play.
We all perform differently, Sometimes I have to make changes before a performance. I had nights where I played with 4,5 singers in one night. Sometimes with a drummer other's without a drummer. What I'm asking for is again BASICS of style creation.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamko wrote:

Well said.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
You don't play how I play and I don't play like how you play.
We all perform differently, Sometimes I have to make changes before a performance. I had nights where I played with 4,5 singers in one night. Sometimes with a drummer other's without a drummer. What I'm asking for is again BASICS of style creation.

Absolutely true and agreed.
I am dealing every week with 3 or 4 different singers same night in front of audience so no excuse for non reliable keyboard.
Frankly asking the basic features like Delete (style mode) or quick recording are really Basic option, i had them even on Pa1X (2004).
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS, i do believe they will fix all this problems, IF NOT, we do not lose anything, it,s like that, There will always be some other options, Other manufacturer brands and more, So for KORG, it,s Important to fix all problems and missing features, Also they MUST fix it IF they like to keep us near them. In the end it,s about to make money from it!

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is most serious mistake of KORG without no official excuse from them, since mass mainboard failure in pa800.... what to expect in future.... to be honest i was thinking few months ago to buy new pa5x, and waited after first problems to stabilize.... now im sure korg isnt my decision.....

thank you Korg for helping in my decision Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
This is most serious mistake of KORG without no official excuse from them, since mass mainboard failure in pa800.... what to expect in future.... to be honest i was thinking few months ago to buy new pa5x, and waited after first problems to stabilise.... now im sure korg isnt my decision.....

I feel very much the same.
I actually wonder if they still have the original experienced arranger team like in the past.
Even if it gets fixed soon, I am now very nervous about the future and ongoing support based on Korg's unprofessional attitude towards all of this - sadly I'm beginning to think that I'm totally over it - so glad I didn't waste my money and very seriously sympathise with those who innocently dived in and suffering its inadequacies.
I'm not sure what it would take to get me to buy one now....

Very sad era now for Korg arrangers

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
neverkorgagain wrote:
This is most serious mistake of KORG without no official excuse from them, since mass mainboard failure in pa800.... what to expect in future.... to be honest i was thinking few months ago to buy new pa5x, and waited after first problems to stabilise.... now im sure korg isnt my decision.....

I feel very much the same.
I actually wonder if they still have the original experienced arranger team like in the past.
Even if it gets fixed soon, I am now very nervous about the future and ongoing support based on Korg's unprofessional attitude towards all of this - sadly I'm beginning to think that I'm totally over it - so glad I didn't waste my money and very seriously sympathise with those who innocently dived in and suffering its inadequacies.
I'm not sure what it would take to get me to buy one now....

Very sad era now for Korg arrangers

Very Happy

Yes, indeed, Korg has dropped the ball with this one...

The big question now... How will Korg redeem themselves and when? a logical question for many PA5X owers who want and need to move forward with their investment...

Unfortunately, Korg continues to leave themselve wide open to many awkward observations and questions due to their poor Public Relations so far...

As I have said before... PA5X has all the hallmarks to be a stellar product, but unfortunately Korg has created a confusing picture for many.
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Yamko wrote:

Well said.

No one wants to make changes on stage, however sometimes before an event you have to, or Even while practicing with singers and other musicians.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
BR wrote:
Yamko wrote:

Well said.

No one wants to make changes on stage, however sometimes before an event you have to, or Even while practicing with singers and other musicians.

Well not agree with you there, I have made some changes 10 min before the artist arrived to the STAGE! It,s something you can and all other brands have it. SO YES we need an update, Especially before summer,

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: