Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference in the "Attack" Response of Notes in Co

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basspig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:20 am    Post subject: Difference in the "Attack" Response of Notes in Co Reply with quote

A few years ago, I converted my Post Organ Toolkit (Kurzweil format) to Korg, using Awave Studio. The samples play, but there are some "ballistics" issues with the way they play on the KRONOS.

It seems like the KRONOS version lags a bit, making it sound somewhat accordion-like.

I've posted a sample of 18 seconds of performance, first the Kurzweil and then the converted version on the KRONOS to demonstrate what I'm discussing here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uwGd0LgJPycnjyieUoKgZNvEe-9Aw2hH/view?usp=sharing

What is the cause of this, and how can I tweak the sample library in KRONOS to make it more 'touch' responsive?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effects and reverb are quite different. Use a larger room size on the Kronos to get closer to the original. For how the sampled sounds react to how you play keys, you will have to find out the original parameters on the Kurzweil, such as the amplitude and filter envelopes vs velocity, etc. Then edit your Kronos program accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: