Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3 expected Launch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Quote:
New Workstations from all three main companies are here to stay forever.

Forever is a pretty long time, did you want to quantify that?

As long as we have fingers and electricity. Even without fingers, there could be neural link workstations. Let's see, one million years! (Dr. Evil says it could be a billion.)

Quote:
My theory is that the very topic of this whole thread/discussion is flawed. Korg had already stopping manufacturing and promoting the Kronos line, right?

Correct! The fact that Nautilus is here proves that. Barring apocalypse, Korg will eventually bring a new workstation. It will be called something we probably haven't heard yet.
average_male

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As long as we have fingers and electricity. Even without fingers, there could be neural link workstations. Let's see, one million years! (Dr. Evil says it could be a billion.)

The comment was directly related to the three aforementioned , “ all three main companies” will forever be creating workstations. This leaves no room for any of the three from going bankrupt. If any do go bankrupt, his prophecy can never be fulfilled.
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Maybe Korg doesn't want to offer a high-end workstation that does everything a musician wants and keeps them satisfied for over 10 years? Maybe they'd rather develop a bunch of more limited products in the hopes we'll buy all of them?

Here's the strategy in a meme:

kday

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:

First of all, are you a qualified professional to talk about a mental breakdown? If not then STFU. I’m basing my opinion, not on my timetable, but reality. You continue to live in a dream world that Korg cares about your opinions. Their only product developments are always centered around Raspberry Pi. It would be foolish to think “who” would discontinue their biggest selling current keyboard, Yamaha or Korg? In Korg’s case it has already happened. They stopped making the Kronos 2 some time ago, or are you on some drug induced hallucination and think it’s still here?

Your mental breakdown state was assessed not from needing to be considered a head shrink or psychologist, or on being being considered what you call a professional, but as an casual observer to your state of self proclaimed extreme realm of a circle pessimist that refuse to consider other thoughts of reality other than your own.

Reality is not gonna slap the smiles of anyone's face. And those waiting for the next major Korg Workstation release whether it be called the Kronos 3, or another new name with equal Kronos features will get their day someday.

Your reality you call basing a belief that Korg is not gonna make a Kronos equivalent is just personal opinion and not based off any real evidence, yet you ignore a decades long pattern of a successful company making flagship workstations for profit. I think you lack basic commonsense to economics. When a company makes a successful product, it's almost a guarantee that they attempt to continue that success. And we saw that in the Kronos 2, Kronos X, Kronos this color, that color, etc, etc.

Now, for Korg, it's own to the next full featured flagship frontier. It may not come when you wish that it comes, but don't blow your brains out in frustration and despair crying that it will never come.
kday

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Quote:

No.

I believe Korg will be making Kronos level Workstations until the end of time. As long as world conditions allow them to.
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kday wrote:
average_male wrote:
Quote:

No.

I believe Korg will be making Kronos level Workstations until the end of time. As long as world conditions allow them to.
You qualified your answer in a way that generalizes any condition in the world. MJ will play basketball forever, provided the world conditions allow him to. He is part of this world and the conditions are such that he has slowed down a little such that he can no longer compete at professional level. : )
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
Hi, Maybe Korg doesn't want to offer a high-end workstation that does everything a musician wants and keeps them satisfied for over 10 years? Maybe they'd rather develop a bunch of more limited products in the hopes we'll buy all of them?

Here's the strategy in a meme:

Very Happy Very Happy

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kday wrote:
ITguy54 wrote:

First of all, are you a qualified professional to talk about a mental breakdown? If not then STFU. I’m basing my opinion, not on my timetable, but reality. You continue to live in a dream world that Korg cares about your opinions. Their only product developments are always centered around Raspberry Pi. It would be foolish to think “who” would discontinue their biggest selling current keyboard, Yamaha or Korg? In Korg’s case it has already happened. They stopped making the Kronos 2 some time ago, or are you on some drug induced hallucination and think it’s still here?

Your mental breakdown state was assessed not from needing to be considered a head shrink or psychologist, or on being being considered what you call a professional, but as an casual observer to your state of self proclaimed extreme realm of a circle pessimist that refuse to consider other thoughts of reality other than your own.

Reality is not gonna slap the smiles of anyone's face. And those waiting for the next major Korg Workstation release whether it be called the Kronos 3, or another new name with equal Kronos features will get their day someday.

Your reality you call basing a belief that Korg is not gonna make a Kronos equivalent is just personal opinion and not based off any real evidence, yet you ignore a decades long pattern of a successful company making flagship workstations for profit. I think you lack basic commonsense to economics. When a company makes a successful product, it's almost a guarantee that they attempt to continue that success. And we saw that in the Kronos 2, Kronos X, Kronos this color, that color, etc, etc.

Now, for Korg, it's own to the next full featured flagship frontier. It may not come when you wish that it comes, but don't blow your brains out in frustration and despair crying that it will never come.

I’m not blowing my brains out over anything. You think I am overly pessimistic? I’m overly realistic. Some people can’t take a hint. I can. Korg has been hinting for a long time. But every month someone makes a new thread about a new Kronos. Now there’s one about whether 2024 will be the year for a new Kronos. It just won’t stop.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoooooop !
Kronos is/was an ending point.
The next thing to come from Korg will never be a new Kronos but an entirely different and stranger thing ! 🤪

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: