Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos and Natilus AT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos and Natilus AT Reply with quote

Hey gentlemen! I have a quick question. Are the Korg Kronos sounds compatible with Nautilus AT? My Kronos is broken right now and the technician is having a hard time fixing my Kronos because of the dreaded "loading system error" message. He fixed/reconstructed the motherboard first and broke again. He says will take weeks S he needs parts from Taiwan. Anywho.. I just want to load my old sounds when I get it back to a Nautilus AT? Is that possible?

I plan to replace Kronos 1 with Nautilus AT. I don't need Karma or anything like that. I really need the sounds and the set list, and AT of course. That's it! I feel my Kronos will never be fully fixed. I rather have something reliable. Nautilus seems like a good replacement or Korg Pa5x, but I am not an arranger guy but like the sax sounds a lot.

Thanks for the feedback.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean exactly about Kronos sound compatibility with the Nautilus. If you mean can the Kronos PCG files be used on the Nautilus, then yes they can (Nautilus OS v1.2 supports Kronos PCG files), but only up to a point, since Kronos has KARMA and Nautilus has arpeggiators, and those aspects of Kronos sounds will not transfer to the Nautilus. The relevant sample libraries will also need to be present on the Nautilus, otherwise the "Samples not loaded" message will appear on the display.

The Nautilus can be upgraded by buying the EXs315 soundpack, which gives all of the KRONOS preload contents not in NAUTILUS except Pianos and Drums. See:

https://korg.shop/sound-libraries/exs315.html

It may also be necessary to purchase additional libraries EXs316-EXs320 to play all of the sounds correctly.

The Korg sound pack licensing scheme allows up to three keyboards to be registered per sound pack, so if you already have, for example, EXs12 SGX-1 Austrian Piano on the Kronos, then the Nautilus version can be downloaded and installed on the Nautilus, without having to purchase another licence.

studio460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject: Does Nautilus-88 AT use same weighted-keybed as Kronos-88? Reply with quote

Nautilus 88 AT keybed same as Kronos 2 88?

Hey, all! Does anyone know if the action on the new Nautilus 88 Aftertouch is identical to the (rather stiff) action on the Kronos 2 88? If different, is it less "hard" to press the keys than the Kronos 2? Thanks!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: