Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch Change in Sequencer Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Patch Change in Sequencer Mode Reply with quote

Hi to all, my first post here!!!

First of all i want to thank all you contributors to this forum for sharing so many great tipps, you helped me alot Very Happy

I plan to use a Triton Extreme for live playing, but in Seqencer mode because we need a Click Track for our Drummer with some tempo changes. We also use a little of sequenced material as backing track, so i have to use the sequencer mode.

My question is: is the sound transition smooth when changing the patch of a timbre (track) in sequencer mode? Can i hold down the keys and the sound remains over the patch change? Is the release portion of the previous patch mantained?

I would do the patch changes by recording sysex events, has someone experience with this?

I dont have an extreme, and the next for sale i know is 500kM away, so i cant try for myself, so it would be nice if someone could test it for me before i buy one.

Greets from Italy
Peato

PS.: I dont want to create a "BUY A KRONOS, SST" thread Wink
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Triton series doesn't support any kind of "patch remain" feature. That was a feature that was added to the Roland Fantom-G series, then other manufacturers followed. That feature requires a significant change in the workstation architecture. Those of us with keyboards from the earlier era use a feature called "keyboard remain" in which we keep one hand on one keyboard while we use the other hand (or pedal switch) to setup another keyboard to do the next patch for a smooth transition. For example, I use a Fantom X with a Triton Extreme, R3/Z1 and whatever other synths I need for the set.
Peato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX for the reply xmlguy!

I tried it a couple of weeks on a triton classic at a shop, and the transition was very smooth, i could also play new notes while holding the old ones how long i wanted, but not in program mode, only in seqencer mode on a single track (not changing song, always playing in the same song).

Switching in program mode or from one combination to another wasn't smooth, as you said xmlguy. But in sequencer mode the program change of a single track seemed very seamless.

If you have a couple of minutes, could you do me the favor and test it on the Extreme, maybe it could work? Or someone else who has the TEX right next to him?

Greets!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change track I think the transition should be smooth. If you change sounds on the same track, not.
Peato

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched the program in track 1, the other tracks weren't touched, on the classic it was perfect, anyone TRIED it on the extreme?
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's smooth on the Classic, it should also be so on the Extreme.

The two share the same engine structure, but the Extreme has more of everything + is generally faster and more responsive (At least in the OS)...
-Pv-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject: SEQ Mode banks changes on a track Reply with quote

My experience with the machine is voice/bank changes in Sequence mode within a track are instant and noiseless. I've made changes between voices in less than a thirty second note without error sending bank changes from another controller. The only disruption is the strength between different sounds can be jarring if not done right. When recording changes on a track in record overdub mode, any volume intensity changes can easily be edited later.
-Pv-
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an old question but still relevant for those still using their Tritons.

Yes, it works.

I just tried it on my Triton Extreme, copied a Combi using Enter+Rec/Write buttons into Sequencer song. I played and recorded about 12 measures.

Create a CC event to change program:

1. Track Edit.
2. Create Ctrl Data (Input the measure where you want the change to start) Press OK
3. Event Edit (Check only the Control Change and Program Change boxes)
4. Look for CTRL at the measure you specified.
5. Highlight CTRL and change it to PROG
6 Change the program.

In this test, I used Track 6. Track 6 is set to use D045 Slow EXP Strings. I inserted a program change on track 6 at measure 6 to change to program A 001 (Concert Piano).

Select Track06 below the song name, press Locate, and Start.

Any notes you play and sustain with pedal or by holding keys prior to measure 6 will continue to play after measure 6 as Strings for as long as you continue to hold down those keys and/or sustain pedal, as will the release. New notes pressed after start of measure 6 will play as Piano. So yes, you can have two different sounds playing at the same time from a single track - essentially smooth sound transition in this case.

Whichever track you use with this program change, be sure that you set it to its own MIDI channel; else, the sequenced program change will affect all tracks set to that MIDI channel.
-Pv-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: change program Reply with quote

In my experience for instance the Triton will transition back and forth between normal and pizzicato strings effortlessly and instantly.

The Event Edit technique for changing program on a sequence (as opposed to live controller exclusive events) posted here is valuable. Instructions provided by Korg were impossible to understand.
-Pv-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: