Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect other board to Korg Liano ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaneda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject: Connect other board to Korg Liano ? Reply with quote

I have a Korg Liano that I mainly use as a MIDI controller for VST's on my computer.
The Liano only has USB so no 5-pin MIDI.

However, would it be possible to connect the Liano to another board, either directly via USB or via 5-pin MIDI using an adapter like for example the Roland UM-One Mk2 ?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roland UM-One Mk2 won't work on its own in this situation, since it requires a MIDI host. The MIDI host could be a PC or Mac running MIDI bridge software, with the Roland UM-One Mk2 connected to one PC/Mac USB port and Liano connected to the PC/Mac via another USB port. The MIDI bridge would need to be configured so the two devices can "see" each other.

Another solution, that doesn't require a computer, would be a stand alone MIDI host, such as this one:

https://kentonuk.com/product/midi-usb-host-mk3/

Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip is right, though there are additional options.

To wire a 5-pin MIDI device to the Liano, you do need to have a host device in between. As mentioned, PC/Mac will do, but so will an iPhone/iPad. Or, yes, a stand-alone device like the one from Kenton or others.

Another approach is to do it wirelessly, over bluetooth. Check out the CME WIDI uhost, https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost/ - and you would then attach another bluetooth device (CME WIDI Jack or WIDI Master) to your 5-pin device. (You may be able to avoid that part if your other device has built-in bluetooth MIDI.)

There are also some boards with 5-pin MIDI that also have the ability to act as a USB host. If you happen to have one of those, you would be able to directly connect the Liano to the approrpriate USB port on the other keyboard.
Kaneda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll check out that Midi host from Kenton. No wireless solutions for me, thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: