Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Elapid--<

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elapid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Hello Elapid--< Reply with quote

I have been away from playing keyboard for around 30 years so I'm expecting to practice for over a year to get my muscle memory to return. I have a KORG N364 that Has been sitting in its case for around 30 years. It says that the battery is low and I have researched how to change it. My question is what exactly does the battery do and if you can lose the sound programs because of it. I know that this workstation can do things I am unaware of, I only used it to play I'm retired now and can return to activities that I enjoy, so here I am. I look forward to learning from the vast experience here, thank you for allowing me to join your forum
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Most postings about the N364 can be found in the section entitled Korg Synths (General).

The battery in the N364 backs up the system RAM, where all the system settings, Programs, and Combis are stored, so a low battery will cause these to be lost. Replacing the battery will require soldering skills. The floppy disk NS3D is required to restore the sounds.

Here is a thread that's relevant:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108415

Elapid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I can get a replacement that changes the way the battery is mounted so I will only have to do it once. The disk to restore isn't the one that came in it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: