Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa 900 Edit Ending

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santikamil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject: Pa 900 Edit Ending Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I have a problem and I do not know how to solve it. I want to edit an ending in a favorite bank, delete it and re-record and change all the sounds in the variations, can someone tell me what the error is?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
Hello everyone! I have a problem and I do not know how to solve it. I want to edit an ending in a favorite bank, delete it and re-record and change all the sounds in the variations, can someone tell me what the error is?

Same question in Pa4x - same answer:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=831790#831790

Edit sound of your ending in Style-Record and save Style with "Write Style" and you will get a sound separated for your Ending.

If you "Write Current Style Settings" each style element will use the same sounds in its tracks..

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Santikamil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:

Same question in Pa4x - same answer:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=831790#831790

Edit sound of your ending in Style-Record and save Style with "Write Style" and you will get a sound separated for your Ending.

If you "Write Current Style Settings" each style element will use the same sounds in its tracks..

Thank you for all the help you have given to me! I did that procedure, but again, it changed me all the variation sounds. Another question, when i record or modify an ending, later i save it with "write style" . This procedure which recognize all my saved sounds, should I do the samd procedure "write style" for var 1, var 2, var 3, break? I'll wait till your answer!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
... again, it changed me all the variation sounds...

If a procedure again changed all your variation sounds, you did not use the procedure I recommended with "that can be done in Style-Record-Mode with 'Write Style' ". The procedure in style-record will recognize all your different sounds you intend to assign to style elements individually.

Assignments you did not make in style-record-mode but in Main Page/PlayMode will choose the Sounds assigned to the whole style and are saved with "Write current style settings" - and that is what will cause that accompaniment tracks will not change when choosing a different style element (Intro, Variation, Ending, Break).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Santikamil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:

If a procedure again changed all your variation sounds, you did not use the procedure I recommended with "that can be done in Style-Record-Mode with 'Write Style' ". The procedure in style-record will recognize all your different sounds you intend to assign to style elements individually.

Assignments you did not make in style-record-mode but in Main Page/PlayMode will choose the Sounds assigned to the whole style and are saved with "Write current style settings" - and that is what will cause that accompaniment tracks will not change when choosing a different style element (Intro, Variation, Ending, Break).

I understand. I'm doing that same procedure and yet the same thing keeps happening. Is there any way I can send you a small video so you can see the situation?
Santikamil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:

I understand. I'm doing that same procedure and yet the same thing keeps happening. Is there any way I can send you a small video so you can see the situation?

I just discovered something else. If I press "original style sound" on the screen after having edited the ending, it sounds fine and does not change the sounds. Otherwise everything will sound bad.
Santikamil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
Santikamil wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:

I just discovered something else. If I press "original style sound" on the screen after having edited the ending, it sounds fine and does not change the sounds. Otherwise everything will sound bad.

Tell me if I can send you a video with the situation. Thank you, rgds
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
... just discovered something else. If I press "original style sound" on the screen after having edited the ending, it sounds fine and does not change the sounds. Otherwise everything will sound bad...

.. what you just discovered that exactly is the situation as described in manual page 110:

Original Style Sounds
This parameter lets you decide if the Style has to play the Sounds saved in the Performance or Style Settings, or the ones saved in each Style Element.
Note: When assigning a Sound to a Style track, the “Original Style Sounds” parameter is automatically turned off to allow its use.
Note: This parameter can be saved with the Performance or Style Settings.
On: Style tracks always use the original Sounds recorded inside each Style Element. If you assign a different Sound to a Style track, this parameter is automatically set to Off.
Off: You can assign different Sounds to each Style track, and save them in a Performance or Style Settings. The selected Sounds remain the same for all Style Elements. These Sounds can be saved into a Performance or Style Settings with the “Write Performance” or “Write Current Style Settings” commands (see page 127). Assigned Sounds are shown in the Sounds area of this page.

That means: Not everything but only that sounds will be bad that you yourself wrote into this style, because pressing "Original Style Sound" switches between the original style sound you individually assigned to style tracks.

Seems it would be a good idea to finally read the manuals - as already recommended in the thread Pa4x (Add measure du ending). It would certainly help you more when using your keyboard than discovering something which is already described in the manuals. Do not use writing "Current Style Settings" in style play mode instead of using "Write Style" in style record mode, and you will separate sounds for style elements and not sounds for elements of whole style.

Searching www with "korg download manuals" you will find where to download manuals.

Santikamil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:
... just discovered something else. If I press "original style sound" on the screen after having edited the ending, it sounds fine and does not change the sounds. Otherwise everything will sound bad...

.. what you just discovered that exactly is the situation as described in manual page 110:

Original Style Sounds
This parameter lets you decide if the Style has to play the Sounds saved in the Performance or Style Settings, or the ones saved in each Style Element.
Note: When assigning a Sound to a Style track, the “Original Style Sounds” parameter is automatically turned off to allow its use.
Note: This parameter can be saved with the Performance or Style Settings.
On: Style tracks always use the original Sounds recorded inside each Style Element. If you assign a different Sound to a Style track, this parameter is automatically set to Off.
Off: You can assign different Sounds to each Style track, and save them in a Performance or Style Settings. The selected Sounds remain the same for all Style Elements. These Sounds can be saved into a Performance or Style Settings with the “Write Performance” or “Write Current Style Settings” commands (see page 127). Assigned Sounds are shown in the Sounds area of this page.

That means: Not everything but only that sounds will be bad that you yourself wrote into this style, because pressing "Original Style Sound" switches between the original style sound you individually assigned to style tracks.

Seems it would be a good idea to finally read the manuals - as already recommended in the thread Pa4x (Add measure du ending). It would certainly help you more when using your keyboard than discovering something which is already described in the manuals. Do not use writing "Current Style Settings" in style play mode instead of using "Write Style" in style record mode, and you will separate sounds for style elements and not sounds for elements of whole style.

Searching www with "korg download manuals" you will find where to download manuals.

Thank you very much for all the explanation! I didn’t had the manual, but now I downloaded it.
However, i couldn’t solve the problem. It only sounds good with the original sounds.
I hope to find the solution with the manual, thanks for everything!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: