Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Sound does it again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
This is an interesting discussion.
Would it be possible for one of you to Post a video of a sound on a Genos/Genos 2 and then the same sound (that has been sampled) played on a Korg PA4X/PA5X. It would then allow the Forum Members to decide if the two sounds are similar enough.
Probably the best person for the job would be Asena himself.
Chris

I think they sound same, little bit better in korg 🤣
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they do sound better but that's because the Yamaha machines have the worst sampler known to mankind
laurance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Yeah they do sound better but that's because the Yamaha machines have the worst sampler known to mankind

I understood you’re insisting is for selling purposes only despite fitting a river in a continar is just impossible.

By the way, nothing of all what you argument and saying found on you’r package.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think 139 sounds is my full set you will be in for a shock. I made over 50,000 sounds for the 4x and 5x
laurance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
If you think 139 sounds is my full set you will be in for a shock. I made over 50,000 sounds for the 4x and 5x

When these sounds are taken from other companies so 50,000 is pretty little amount 🙂

But I won’t take this direction of discussion, I just wanted to clarify something I know about, and I think I clarified enough.

Regards.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think it is a bit sad that so much negative feedback is aimed at both Aripearlmusic and Asena.
I can only see the positive side, which is more sounds, pads, styles, etc for the PA5X. If a prospective buyer listens to the demos (when released) and is not particularly interested in any of them it's a simple decision to make, do not buy them.
Chris
p.s. I will be purchasing a PA5X sound pack when it has the Yamaha boys choir (oohs & aahs) on it !!
laurance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ chelsea4023

Don’t be sad, we are discussing only music nothing else, buy what you want as every one do.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say boys choir with oohs and aahs you mean Ohs and aahs right? It's also going on the site
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aripearlmusic,

Yes, as I said I mean Oohs &Aahs, not Ohs &Aahs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiwKaX9drE

The first & second voices in this video, read the name of them on the Genos screen.

Chris
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject: No shop-related threads but factual discussions Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
..... respectfully disagree. This is the appropriate platform for product-specific discussions. I see no compelling reason to alter the current format.

... and in this forum it is to disagree with your disagreement.

Korg forums should remain Korg forums in order to discuss the keyboards objectively and not degenerate into a sales shop for Global Sound.

But that is the case here, where the producer Asena continuously participates in the threads as a user and justifies himself with extensive postings and glosses over his products and sales practices as soon as they are criticized.

It is enough for those users to express themselves exuberantly about the Global sounds here and promote them if they are unable or unwilling to use their instrument's sound editors to create sounds the way they imagine them.

Like Biggles, I am of the opinion that a product-specific platform should not be created here with its shop-related threads, but should be preserved for factual discussions about Korg keyboards.

Personally, I rate Asena's sounds as average - and if they sometimes sound a little better than the factory sounds, that's not a big deal for someone who uses the basics of the sound editor with suitable samples.

I don't classify Global Sounds as professionally created sounds because they primarily use individual samples, but the possible parameters of the Korgs sound oscillators are rarely used for sound design in the same way as by a professional sound designer (e.g. AntonySharmman) with an appropriate technical background.

Global Sounds as a hobby as a free exchange item between users would be fine - but I think the fees charged for it are extortionate.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: No shop-related threads but factual discussions Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
D575 wrote:
..... respectfully disagree. This is the appropriate platform for product-specific discussions. I see no compelling reason to alter the current format.

Korg forums should remain Korg forums in order to discuss the keyboards objectively and not degenerate into a sales shop for Global Sound.

But that is the case here, where the producer Asena continuously participates in the threads as a user and justifies himself with extensive postings and glosses over his products and sales practices as soon as they are criticized.

It is enough for those users to express themselves exuberantly about the Global sounds here and promote them if they are unable or unwilling to use their instrument's sound editors to create sounds the way they imagine them.

Like Biggles, I am of the opinion that a product-specific platform should not be created here with its shop-related threads, but should be preserved for factual discussions about Korg keyboards.

Personally, I rate Asena's sounds as average - and if they sometimes sound a little better than the factory sounds, that's not a big deal for someone who uses the basics of the sound editor with suitable samples.

I don't classify Global Sounds as professionally created sounds because they primarily use individual samples, but the possible parameters of the Korgs sound oscillators are rarely used for sound design in the same way as by a professional sound designer (e.g. AntonySharmman) with an appropriate technical background.

Global Sounds as a hobby as a free exchange item between users would be fine - but I think the fees charged for it are extortionate.

In reference to the proposed modification of the current forum format by other forum members, it is suggested that all merchants, who are selling sample sound sets, be moved to a separate merchant section. This would ensure consistency and fairness across the entire Korg forum ecosystem.

BUT.....

As the forum is designed for registered merchants, it is important to consider whether the frequent activity of a specific merchant around their products constitutes a breach of forum rules?

It is also noteworthy that numerous satisfied customers have expressed overall satisfaction and contentment with the services and products offered by Global Sounds.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Global Sounds" did not initiate this topic and posted a mere 4 posts (responses) out of the current 55.
Like our other "developer" merchants, I, so far, see no breaching or anything inappropriate or unfair.

Approved Merchant Rules (extract) wrote:
For Approved Merchants Only.
It is recommend that you place a small advertisement in your Signature (See your profile). This advertisement will then be displayed at the very end of every single post you make. The more you help out on the forum, the more people will see your advertisement.

Also, when you have any exciting news about your product you wish to share, it’s advised you start a new thread in order to get the most attention from the forum members.

Any forum members not conforming to the full set of rules are warned, have the posts deleted and if they continue, are banned.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: No shop-related threads but factual discussions Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
D575 wrote:

100% agree.

This is a Korg forum not a Global Sound or Aripearl ProMo site.

Please Admin, lock this thread.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: No shop-related threads but factual discussions Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
D575 wrote:

100% agree.

This is a Korg forum not a Global Sound or Aripearl ProMo site.

Please Admin, lock this thread.

Our moderator has verified that no regulations have been violated. Attempting to lock this thread is illogical.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GUY,s i,m creating stuff, Not arguing with anyone, No need, Better to make things than just talk.

If i did anything wrong here, Dont lock this thread,, Shut me off, I don,t have time for all this B S.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: