Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Velocity Failure = Single Key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leland_iko_music

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject: Velocity Failure = Single Key Reply with quote

After the detuning problem, a new problem has now cropped up on my PA5X-88 ... the F#3 velocity sensor is now borked ... so it only plays at full velocity value (Fortissimo for piano or anything else for that matter).

I've had the PA5X for a year, and I'm really starting to get annoyed with the various issues that I've been encountering now...

- detuninig (probably the pitchbend potentiometers borked)
- F#3 velocity broken
- Setting MIDI clock to External sometimes causes the keyboard to get stuck in an infinite loop and need to reboot it.

Sorry, but I'm starting to get really frustrated... and I cannot afford to have it sent away for repairs for weeks on end since it is central to my income...

</rant>

Leland
Synthhog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Feel your pain friend....I had a PA5X-76 from new for the last 16months but got the dreaded black spots on the buttons....Raging is an understatement....
After reading on hear about how some have had it fixed but unfortunately the problem has returned i decided to Trade in for a Genos 2....
Korg wont care they've had my money and i've lost a fair bit in trade in but i've certainly learnt a lesson....My first and last ever Korg....
Whats more annoying is i loved the PA5X....I miss it already but i suffer from Ocd and i wouldn't and couldn't cope with ugly black spots on the buttons....
But i have no faith that the button issue will ever be fixed....
Hope you get yours sorted/fixed.....
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthhog wrote:
I Feel your pain friend....I had a PA5X-76 from new for the last 16months but got the dreaded black spots on the buttons....Raging is an understatement....
After reading on hear about how some have had it fixed but unfortunately the problem has returned i decided to Trade in for a Genos 2....
Korg wont care they've had my money and i've lost a fair bit in trade in but i've certainly learnt a lesson....My first and last ever Korg....
Whats more annoying is i loved the PA5X....I miss it already but i suffer from Ocd and i wouldn't and couldn't cope with ugly black spots on the buttons....

An engineer from korg will visit my home tomorrow. Korg has assured me that the issue has been resolved. However, only time will tell if this is truly the case.
leland_iko_music

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the black spots on some of the buttons, but it's not too much of a distraction for me since a lot of the time I'm in the sound edit mode to do individual instruments rather than arranger mode with KSets (though I do use Keyboard sets for several things, especially for layered sounds).
For me the black spots in the button LEDs are just a very minor issue... the de-tuning from the bend/articulation potentiometers and now the 3rd F# key losing its velocity sensor is a ROYAL pain for me though.

I've contacted the vendor to see if/how I can get a field-repair done (if possible)...

Leland
Synthhog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Synthhog wrote:

An engineer from korg will visit my home tomorrow. Korg has assured me that the issue has been resolved. However, only time will tell if this is truly the case.

Hopefully the repair will be a final fix for you....what had me worried is a Large UK Retailer has told me they have stopped stocking the PA5X at the moment due to two many problems to which i might have taken with a pinch of salt but to be fair it's no longer on there website for sale or pre-order....I also know a repair tech who has been offered work at Korg in the UK for repairs on buttons and Keybeds. 5x maybe?
Anyways for me the X has gone and the Genos-2 in its place....
But i will keep an eye on the Forums and maybe revisit a 5x in 12/18 months time because as i said earlier i did really like it....
Yamaha Montage M7 will be my next buy in the summer.....
JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leland_iko_music wrote:
I have the black spots on some of the buttons, but it's not too much of a distraction for me since a lot of the time I'm in the sound edit mode to do individual instruments rather than arranger mode with KSets (though I do use Keyboard sets for several things, especially for layered sounds).
For me the black spots in the button LEDs are just a very minor issue... the de-tuning from the bend/articulation potentiometers and now the 3rd F# key losing its velocity sensor is a ROYAL pain for me though.

I've contacted the vendor to see if/how I can get a field-repair done (if possible)...

Leland

Agreed, the LED's are less bothersome, than the non functional joystick and broken keys. It is amazing that Korg is not able to find out the root cause of the LED buttons turning black.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
It is amazing that Korg is not able to find out the root cause of the LED buttons turning black.

If Korg's communication is accurate, they have been most insistent with me that the issue has been resolved. Korg dispatched an engineer to travel throughout the United Kingdom to replace the faulty buttons...

Korg are not disclosing the specific nature of the problem beyondstating that it has been rectified.
mstodola

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about the USA and all the other countries? I would like mine fixed also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: