Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auditioning Sounds in Mixer Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoccoD

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Auditioning Sounds in Mixer Mode Reply with quote

Hi All,

First time poster and looking for some help. I'm a happy owner of the Pa5X and this is my first arranger. I have had workstations/synths for many years and also have too many soft synths for my DAW! I recently sold off a lot of hardware synths and finally decided to go down the arranger path. Hopefully my current question (and potential future questions) won't be too amateur for this group!

My current question: I import a MIDI file without any issue. I don't like the default sounds that are assigned to each part. I go into mixer mode and can change sounds but is there a way that I can audition the various parts from the keyboard while in mixer mode? I couldn't figure out how to do this if it's even possible.

Thanks for your help!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've explained this complete process in one of my tutorials:

RoccoD

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui...this is great thanks! I will also check out some of your other tutorials!!

I suppose there is no way to audition new voices with the keyboard triggering the sounds for each track without the MIDI file running...maybe I can start the MIDI file, solo the track and select the right sounds that way.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoccoD wrote:
Qui...this is great thanks! I will also check out some of your other tutorials!!

I suppose there is no way to audition new voices with the keyboard triggering the sounds for each track without the MIDI file running...maybe I can start the MIDI file, solo the track and select the right sounds that way.

you can audition sounds in tracks in song edit mode, then you don't use it as a keyboard but you are recording the 16 tracks, to audition one of the 16 tracks, just hit the track you want to modify in - rec/edit -> song edit mode.
then you can play the sounds of your selected track and by clicking on the sound name you can select other sounds. The only drawback is that you can't do this while the song is playing, otherwise you will add your playing to that channel.

So the method is:
- load the song in player A
- press the rec edit button
- press the song edit tyle
- now select the track of your choice (for instance the bass track) and play some notes to hear the sound
- press the sound name to select another sound.

As soon as you have a sound that you like you can hear in the song by pressing the play button. When you are done with that sound, press stop and select another track.
RoccoD

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qui...that will work!

Best,

Rocco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: