Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the meantime, on the planet Ketron...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predetermined EQ presets are useless. When I say it has no EQ I mean it has no adjustable EQ. If you cannot see the actual numbers it doesn't exist. I found the presets that you were talking about I thought that it was possible that there was an option to actually adjust it for yourself but if there is no option it's useless.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue that I have is not with you at all. Any company that says that you have an EQ and then removes the option or doesn't let you modify it or doesn't put that option in there to begin with is an absolute waste of space and should be ashamed of themselves because that technology has been around for well over two decades and if they can't provide a very simple feature they should shut down their whole company due to incompetence.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
Pete: I am somewhat disappointed you should rehash that entry to the Medelli comparison which has been exposed as a fraught in many ways a long time ago......

So sorry I disappointed you 😱 I really don't care at all about the Medelli but the comparison was an eye-opener regarding the EVENT - SO - that Youtube video was:-
....either brilliant fake AI
....or fact

It looked pretty real to me and it was produced barely 12 months ago - so, if that video and the demonstrated issues "....have been exposed as a fraught in many ways a long time ago...." - please show me where I can confirm this because there are some definite show-stoppers for me Confused

Note - I fully respect your love for the EVENT - similar to my love for my PA4x - my post was in no way intended other than information that others might be interested in.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
jbd59

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox wrote:
Aripearlmusic wrote:
the Ketron event is missing lots of crucial features.
[...]

basically from a style and sound designer perspective its a brick

Your knowledge of Ketron keyboards is impressive. Thank you for sharing it. May I ask if you've had hands-on experience with a Ketron or if your knowledge is based on user manuals and forums?

Surely ! he never put his hands on an Event !
redfox

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read everything you have written and I thank you very much. However, I am a musician and do not intend to produce and sell sounds and styles.

Currently, if I wanted to switch from my Pa4X-76 to a Pa5X-76, I would have to invest at least 2,000 euros, and I haven't yet found any new features that justify this price.

On the other hand, by purchasing an Event EVM, with 2,700 euros I can add an entire ecosystem (with a huge monitor!) with hundreds of new styles and instruments that, according to various forums, are very nice.

And if I don't like it, I can return it: sending back a 2kg box is not that complicated or expensive. Or, if I really like it, I could sell my Pa4X and use only the EVM with a Master Keyboard, perhaps better than my Numa Compact 2X...
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
johnsmies wrote:
Pete: I am somewhat disappointed you should rehash that entry to the Medelli comparison which has been exposed as a fraught in many ways a long time ago......

So sorry I disappointed you 😱 I really don't care at all about the Medelli but the comparison was an eye-opener regarding the EVENT - SO - that Youtube video was:-
....either brilliant fake AI
....or fact

It looked pretty real to me and it was produced barely 12 months ago - so, if that video and the demonstrated issues "....have been exposed as a fraught in many ways a long time ago...." - please show me where I can confirm this because there are some definite show-stoppers for me Confused

Note - I fully respect your love for the EVENT - similar to my love for my PA4x - my post was in no way intended other than information that others might be interested in.

Very Happy

Hi Pete,
I know you mean/meant well and so do I . I know how much you enjoy and appreciate the PA4X and would like to move on to the PA5X if it weren't for the omissions there, etc. I won't begin to enlist the differences between the Medeli and the Ketron Event but even by listening to some of my recordings and the software sites that I mentioned featuring good demos of Event styles, sounds and samples it should be blatantly clear that we are talking about the real mcCoy here. Genos 2 is out as far as I am concerned , which leaves the professional enterntainer with SD9/ PA4X or Event/ PA5X.
I have just been working on my Event and I must admit it is a hell of a job to program but then I do not gig and use my Event as a workstation. I pity gigging artists with the Event because they have to do a massive amount of programming etc.etc. but once done , man you really have a real BAND backing you on stage !!!

many greetings to you Down Under !!!
John
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbd59 wrote:
redfox wrote:
Aripearlmusic wrote:
the Ketron event is missing lots of crucial features.
[...]

basically from a style and sound designer perspective its a brick

Your knowledge of Ketron keyboards is impressive. Thank you for sharing it. May I ask if you've had hands-on experience with a Ketron or if your knowledge is based on user manuals and forums?

Surely ! he never put his hands on an Event !

I spent a week programming it and sampling for it. the amount of missing basic features is astounding. a pa600 has more basic features than the Event. What good is SF2 support if the key mapping is not recognized properly on even a single layer? yes i tested both an SF2 bank file and instrument file. they work on every other machine.
so they have EQ presets but no adjustable bands or gain control? every $100 keyboard has that. its a scam nothing more nothing less
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: