Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme or Motif ES for live performances?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Triton Extreme or Motif ES for live performances?
Triton Extreme
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Motif ES
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

cytomatrix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme or Motif ES for live performances? Reply with quote

Hi people,

I played Motif ES today in a Music store. I have triton extreme. I just wanna compare Motif ES and Triton Extreme. Which one is better for live performances? Does it have dual arpeggiators? And i heard that it can have only upto 4 timbres. Is it true? I am impressed by its interface and sampling features. Thanks a lot in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have an ES7 and Triton LE.

Does it have dual arpeggiators?

No, just one.

And i heard that it can have only upto 4 timbres. Is it true?

Yes, you can split up to 4 differnt voices through the keyboard in Performance mode.

I am impressed by its interface

Me too, its very user friendly (provided that one has a DVD as a reference).

Sorry but I do not know which one is better for live performances because I do not play on stage. However, a VERY cool feature is the abbility to change arpeggio patterns in realtime (through five buttons below the screen) as well as direct control (over volume for instance) via 4 sliders.

sewa
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cytomatrix,

I have a TS. I just started playing with it on stage a few weekends ago. One of the cool things you can do with the Triton synths is, you can plug the outputs of the house mixer into your Triton & use your Triton as an external effects processor. And then I just use knobs 3 &4 to control the level of chorus & reverb. Not sure if you can do that with the Motif.

Andy
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit using my Motif ES live, and sold it.
Not knocking that board, it's an awesome workstation with many attributes.
It was just not what I was looking for, so I went back to using my Karma, and the Triton Sounds, for live, and bought the MO Rack to maintain those sweet yammy voices, for the studio.
Your mileage may vary.
HTH
Stephen
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
FireDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you know I am all about a Triton Extreme!

Why buy a Triton Studio when you can get the EX cheaper and with the same functionality. Don't forget you also get the USB A and B ports, the Valve Force ( Tube ), almost every sound from every EXB card collections already factory installed, the CF card slot, and the sounds you don't have from the EXB collections you can load from factory disks, becuase the data is in the EX to support them all!

So the following arguement always comes up.....Well, the EX doesn't have the hard drive or CDR burner.....well that is an easy fix...get external USB ones ( for cheaper than what KORG charges you for their internal components ) and/or use your computer's HD throught the CF card to do both functions in Storage Mode. You can even get a decent size USB Jump drive and wal-lah you have memory for file transfers and saving when accompanied by a CF card!

As far as the Motif ES goes.....both are very functional workstations/ samplers, but KORG by far has the easier interface and the most forgiving learning curve....whereas the Motif ES is something that will take alot of time and practice to become proficient at....especially once you are used to an KORG Triton series' visual touch screen interface.

Live it is the KORG Triton Extreme and/or Studio hands down!

But if the award for most well rounded Live workstation combo was to be voted on then I would vote for the Korg Triton Extreme 88 and a Yamaha Motif ES 76 or 61 stacked! Now that is sonic expressiveness that will never run dry or without inspiration!

There you have it,
Cory Cool

P.S. Still prayin' for the funds to get my ES 7 or 6!
cytomatrix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot everyone. I read somewhere that u can assign different Arpeggiators to different voices(parts or timbres) in Motif ES. Am i right? And wat are those patterns actually for? Whats the real purpose of it? Sorry for asking stupid questions. Thanks alot again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read somewhere that u can assign different Arpeggiators to different voices(parts or timbres) in Motif ES. Am i right? And wat are those patterns actually for? Whats the real purpose of it? Sorry for asking stupid questions. Thanks alot again.

Please don't apologize for asking questions, I hope we never get to that!
The reason I'm replying to this post, is that you're reminding me of the time I had before I purchased my ES6.
I had qoestions out the yang, and the answers I got, were from ES users that were not only very happy with it, but understood, and accepted the user interface.
I bought one, and although it is an awesome piece of gear, unless, one, you have the desire, and where with all, to grasp the tactile interface, and complex design of the Motif, then beware.
Your questions about arpeggiation, are telling me that the ES may not be the board for you.
I can definitely be way off base here so forgive me if so, but tell us what your goals are, and what attracts you to certain keyboard/workstations, and there's a lot of good advise to be had.
Stephen
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
cytomatrix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot Stephen. This place is really cool and You people are great. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: