Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Store Summer Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Korg Store Summer Sale Reply with quote

If you've been waiting, this might be a good time to get some sound libraries @ 33% OFF
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give Kid Nepros Guitar collection a try - although the UK exchange rate is still miserable, It seems like a good deal.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice,
Am falling in for some Kapro libraries and drums, next sale is not gonna be before late november.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for the sale for ages, and decided not a few days ago to jump in and buy a couple of Kapro libraries at full price. With my current exchange rate, I had very little change from my hard saved $1,000. I know that's life, but it really hurt, particularly given that it was second licences for the Kronos 61 I take away with me, and they would have already initiated the sale when I bought the libraries a few days ago. Then I got the email today!

I think it's the fact I had to shell out so much money for libraries so imminent to the sale, I already owned in my "at home" Kronos88 ,that kills me.
They are great libraries and worth it, but feeling somewhat at ransom with the business model, I think I've finally learnt my lesson Sad
I'm not looking at any more libraries now for the foreseeable future.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would mail them and ask if they can do anything. I once had this happen with Melodyne where they had a 50 percent off deal days after I bought it and they promptly refunded me the difference.

I don't want to give you false hope but generally software companies aren't run by evil people... The large ones are just bureaucratic.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Sander,

yes, might be worth the email I suppose.
I was in a bit of shock after getting the email about the sale earlier today.
Ultimately I take responsibility for making the decision to buy them when I did.
I just felt like coming on here and getting it off my chest Sad

Of course I do understand that there are no evil people behind this, it's just the luck of the timing, and I suppose if I did let them know, and they do respond favourably, I'd probably spend the refund on more libraries out of gratitude anyway!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what your legal rights are here, normally consumers are protected against this kind of thing. I know software companies generally try to pretend it doesn't apply to them because there is no real way for them to "reclaim" a product. But I would honestly be surprised if it is, as you say, just a few days ago, and they do nothing to ameliorate this.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DeltaJockey,

That really sucks, though sometimes that's just the way it goes.

It might be worth checking with your bank or credit card provider to see if there's anything they can do. Many Visa, Amex and Mastercard include a price protection feature that will refund d you the difference if a product you purchased drops in price after 30 days. I've used it before in similar situation a and it has been really straightforward.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I'm not sure what your legal rights are here, normally consumers are protected against this kind of thing. I know software companies generally try to pretend it doesn't apply to them because there is no real way for them to "reclaim" a product. But I would honestly be surprised if it is, as you say, just a few days ago, and they do nothing to ameliorate this.

Consumer laws obviously differ from country to coutry and state to state, but I'm not aware of any jurisdictions where that's the case -as nice as that would be!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Seedy,

I could check my CreditCard provider I guess.
In the meantime, I've sent an email off to CMI in Melbourne to ask whether Korg will pity me :-/
I can't find any specific Korg contacts for software other than the Australian distributors, and I know my local dealer wouldn't have a clue about such a question!

Chris
fcoulter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to take advantage of the Summer Sale, but there are sooooo many options. It's also nice to know that they do this regularly, since someone above mentioned a November sale.

OK, assuming I don't have any of the Sound Libraries, but I do have an up to date Kronos 88, which EXs would you recommend for someone looking for a single EXs which provides a wide variety of usable patches. Right now I'm focusing on orchestra ("classical") instruments, to be used backing up other singers and performers and to add color to musical theater productions.

I'm not interested in a slightly better version of something that's already in the Kronos. Also, I will be adding to my library in the future, so it's probably a better idea to get part of a set of orchestral sounds than a sample set which pulls from a variety of sets. After all, if I get one part now, then next sale I can get another. Etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download and install most of the hd1 the libraries already to check them out.

The sound will fade in/out periodically but it's not that bad to test them. Once you find something you purchase it and add the serial number to activate that.
Try the kapro ones for symphonic ones.
I bought their private collection 2 along with few others.

As for price change, yeah it varies country to country, here you don't get anything. You are done once you have made the purchase, like stock market.

However imho korg should offer a big discount to users who are making duplicate purchases for more than one keyboard.
But it's a tricky thing as they don't own the libraries themselves.
And change in the policies might not go well with content providers.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:

However imho korg should offer a big discount to users who are making duplicate purchases for more than one keyboard.
But it's a tricky thing as they don't own the libraries themselves.
And change in the policies might not go well with content providers.

I felt they needed to cut prices due to the content restriction.

Perhaps this 2 or 3 times yearly sale is somewhat of an alternative.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why the checkout site does not use PayPal? What type of purchasing security is in place to guard against identity theft
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
fcoulter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Is there a reason why the checkout site does not use PayPal? What type of purchasing security is in place to guard against identity theft

Many internet vendors don't use Paypal. They charge a higher percentage than other payment services, but they're easier to use for small vendors. Korg may wish to save the extra costs, and do enough business to develop their own payment system.

As for security, look at the address bar. If it says https as opposed to just http, then the communication is encrypted. Additionally, many browsers have indicators (like a lock or a key) to show that the communications are secure.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: