Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find the 700 effects presets on V 1.1.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Can't find the 700 effects presets on V 1.1.0 Reply with quote

I've updated (couple of weeks ago) the OS to the new one. By then, I saw the presets included with the update but now it seems that all of them are gone....any clues?

Thank you.

Korg M50 / Korg Nanokontrol 2

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/bubusdeolivos?feature=results_main
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I re-install the firmware? 1.1.0 over 1.1.0? Is that possible/advisable just for the effects presets?

When I click on P> to find the presets, they are all empty.

Thanks.

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll to the left - the presets window opens up at the end of the list, which looks empty. But they are there in the first locations.

Try that and see if this is the problem.

It's a bit strange to open up at the end, I agree!

Jerry
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Scroll to the left - the presets window opens up at the end of the list, which looks empty. But they are there in the first locations.

Try that and see if this is the problem.

It's a bit strange to open up at the end, I agree!

Jerry

Hi,

I've scrolled to the left and there's only "Init", "empty" and "user", no factory effects presets are showing. (created a song to check it out, TFX, assigned an effect, P<, scroll to the very beginning and there's nothing else aside what I've mentioned above)

Past gear

Youtube channel

kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich F.? Jerry?

Thanks

Past gear

Youtube channel

outsider9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. When I first upgraded to 1.1.0 all the presets were there.
Somehow somewhere (I think there was an issue with the M50 PC editor) the User banks were gone (they appeared greyed everywhere), so I did an initialization following the instructions from the manual.
After that, the User banks are back, but the effect presets are gone, so I'm left with the same questions kikedeolivos has.

Any help would be appreciated. Wink
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this issue?

Past gear

Youtube channel

kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People from Korg (Rich/Jerry):

Should I RE install version 1.10 in order to recover the 700+effects presets deleted from my system because of the M50 Editor?

If yes, how do I accomplish this without damaging the unit?

Thanks

Past gear

Youtube channel

kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind: fixed it.

outsider9: I re installed the OS, following the procedures and the effects presets are back. Don't forget, first to save all your songs, programs and combis to an SD card and use a fresh one for the firmware update.

Past gear

Youtube channel

outsider9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's cool, I'm glad you fixed it. I will do it! Thanks for sharing Very Happy
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

Past gear

Youtube channel

AREA965

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new here, and new to keyboard in general. I am learning how to play the keyboard right now.

I've followed the instructions and update the OS twice (just to make sure).

I am trying to confirm this new 700 effects are loaded on my new M50. I will probably will not need any of these anytime soon. But I would like to make sure that they are there. Where do I look to find these? I've check the manual and parameter guide and only found the 170 prefect effects. This check is done after the 2 install of the OS.

Any help is appreciated.
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AREA965 wrote:
Hi,

I am new here, and new to keyboard in general. I am learning how to play the keyboard right now.

I've followed the instructions and update the OS twice (just to make sure).

I am trying to confirm this new 700 effects are loaded on my new M50. I will probably will not need any of these anytime soon. But I would like to make sure that they are there. Where do I look to find these? I've check the manual and parameter guide and only found the 170 prefect effects. This check is done after the 2 install of the OS.

Any help is appreciated.

When you make a song, usually you select sounds for each track, etc.
When you assign effects (IFx, TFX), on the window of each effect you assigned, upper right corner you'll see a P. Click on there and scroll to the left and you'll find presets already made by Korg to help you out with the process.(all the other slots are empty for you to program your own effects presets)

You WON'T see all the 700 effects presets in one window.
For example, if you choose Rotary Speaker effect preset, you'll see maybe four pre programmed by Korg, ie Gospel Rotary, Blues Rotary and so on.

Past gear

Youtube channel

AREA965

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kikedeolivos.

I saw that and I assume that if you add all the different IFX catagories and their P for each group (preset/user) it would total 700 (preset p0-p15, and u0-u15).

Thanks again.

ps: This place is great for a newbie.
Jonno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on a factory-fresh M50. It came with v1.10 installed. I have not done any updates and haven't even hooked it up to the editor yet. No IFX/MFX/TFX presets. And yes, I have scrolled to the left Smile

I did load the demo songs, and the vintage keys. Perhaps one of those zapped the presets...?

Cheers, - Jon -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: