Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos production stopped??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orpheus2006 wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying that radiation can get into the keyboards ?
A keyboard full of radiation in your home is so not good.

Even if a "Kronos cargo" is initially not contaminated, ships and containers could become The problem.
German Ports Unsure How to Deal with Contaminated Ships

Who knows what will happen when those ships from Japan arrive in the US. The problem with radiation is you cant see, feel or smell it. Unless you have a dosimeter tester you dont even know its there.
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships have been contaminated for decades now.

Depleted uranium is used for cleaning ship' s engines and avoid sea water from damaging them,

more or lss since the early 90s

so, everything shipped by... er... ship in the last 20 years was contaminated.

So, who cares? We are doomed anywhere. Everything is poisonous around us.

I don't know if this information has any value, I read it somewhere on the internet, and posted it here so that it becomes validated by all the people who visit this forum.

That's how bullshit is born and spreaded, btw.

I read so much bullshit in the above posts, that I couldn't refrain from adding some.
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Apresmidi2010 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apresmidi2010 wrote:
P.S. Like I said before, wipe off with clean linen, wipe off every part of Kronos after disassmbling your unit, it would solve everything.

Good idea except it would void the warranty. Wink

Apresmidi, thank you very much for all your info from Tokyo.

Best regards,
Akos
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking for any trouble here, but would like to be enlightened..

By no means am I anyone of authority on the contamination issue, but lets be frank here.
Everything from the Kronos carton, to the foam material which the board is wrapped in, the keyboard surface to the internal parts, are and have been in some way exposed to the elements in which it came from.

I would expect and appreciate an informative response from a Korg rep on this and I believe we are entitled to know the facts about our purchase at this time.

How comfortable are you excepting delivery, not knowing the level of contamination is little to a little more? Rolling Eyes
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Ships have been contaminated for decades now.

Depleted uranium is used for cleaning ship' s engines and avoid sea water from damaging them,

more or lss since the early 90s

so, everything shipped by... er... ship in the last 20 years was contaminated.
Don't tell us bullshit! This is not a topic to make fun of, Ozy!
The chemical toxicity of depleted uranium is extremely high. Besides military use (although there are many requests for a moratorium on military use), there is no civilian application for it.

Apresmidi2010 wrote:
P.S. Like I said before, wipe off with clean linen, wipe off every part of Kronos after disassmbling your unit, it would solve everything
I just imagine the user manual says on page 1 "clean your Kronos from radioactive particles before putting it into operation". That's an April fool at best!
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"KORG Inc. provide information and service on this website are for our domestic customers. In case that you live in outside of Japan and have inquiries, please contact distributors in your country."

I found the above at Korg HP.

So the number I gave may not work, and to respond to Lou's concern, people here may have to look to Korg reps here. I guess Korg reps here gave some response earlier, but as the trouble at Fukushima continues, Lou's concern is still valid.

I heard that in Belgium, all Japanese cars cannot be unloaded because of rejection by port workers. I am wondering why big car manufacturers do not assign production to overseas factories.

No one can force buyer to accept any product unless it is shown free of contamination of any kind, not just radioactivity, once any doubt arises. Even before buyers, I think ports/airports workers would refuse anything from Japan unless so shown. There are lots of examples already. People departed from Japan are subject to radio detection at port of entry already.

Reality bites. If anything similar happens in other country, Japan may move to do the same, so why can I complain?

My advantage would be to receive Kronos earlier than you guys. Plus, the questions you guys have are moot for me.

Ask Korg people here. Or, you may want to reconsider preorders you placed.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consumer Reports magazine comments on this issue here:

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/03/mythbuster-can-cars-imported-from-japan-be-radioactive.html

Final sentence from that article:

"There are many valid concerns surrounding the crisis in Japan, including the human toll, cultural impact, and market forces, but radioactive consumer goods is not one of them."
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan: I wish the article you posted enlighten some of people here. But if the article works like a charm, what is it the authorities of many countries are taking? It is pretty strange that what a consumer report tells is not shared by authorities of many countries.

I do not think authorities are kidding.

correction:

The article goes on about US border measures.
That would ease some people, but it may not be the detection, the fact that radios are leaking, may be the concern.

Last edited by Apresmidi2010 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for jumping in here Dan. (Good read)

What concerns me though, is the fact that on a daily basis we are subjected to what may seem to be true, in the end the truth was withheld.
I can't help not feeling skepticism and by the way, no reflection on Korg directly meant here.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/03/mythbuster-can-cars-imported-from-japan-be-radioactive.html

"There are many valid concerns surrounding the crisis in Japan, including the human toll, cultural impact, and market forces, but radioactive consumer goods is not one of them."

Just to show you that you can't believe everything at face value, I just read a news item reporting that in Russia 50 cars imported from Japan were discovered to be radioactive (twice to six times the normal radiation).
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apresmidi2010 wrote:
Dan: I wish the article you posted enlighten some of people here. But if the article works like a charm, what is it the authorities of many countries are taking? It is pretty strange that what a consumer report tells is not shared by authorities of many countries.

I do not think authorities are kidding.

I'd be interested to see a link to a definitive source supporting the claim that "authorities of many countries" disagree with the basics of this article.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Just to show you that you can't believe everything at face value, I just read a news item reporting that in Russia 50 cars imported from Japan were discovered to be radioactive (twice to six times the normal radiation).

(a) This doesn't refute that Consumer Reports article in any way.
(b) See earlier info on the meaninglessness of measured radiation being "two to six times higher than normal."

Last edited by danatkorg on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan: See my changes. Then see Jan1's. It is Russian text.....
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apresmidi2010 wrote:
Dan: See my changes. Then see Jan1's. It is Russian text.....

See my response. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: