Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Release date put back from Aug till Sept!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Release date put back from Aug till Sept! Reply with quote

No No No
garry71

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fed up with waiting. Deciding between Doepfer Dark Energy, or a Blofeld now.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a danger in pre-announcing a product to far in advance of a company's ability to deliver it in sufficient quantities if any are delivered at all. It can damage the credibility and profitability of the company. Korg can't keep up with MS20 production and now the Volka series. The Kross is another that's not yet available. Not good signs.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same with the Kronos.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people should drop their expectations. The products are for sale when Korg says so...What of it ?
In the end, they're just one more new product in a big sea. They'll get here when they get get here.

WHERE did anyone officially announce an exact release date ? If it was a guy at a trade show who was asked when, then he's cornered & has to give some answer, camera pointing at him and all that. We only see those trade shows via youtube unless anyone went.They are literally 'trade shows' so the fact that dealers take cameras in & then show us the new products is just a bonus & a convenient privilege.We get to see stuff earlier than intended in this age.

Really though the picture is a bigger one. Korg might work toward a time target but business is business & priority is finances.
They'll ship at the most financially convenient time just like any other shipment. Wink
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something to be said for Apple's way of saying nothing at all until about two weeks before the product is available. Gets people buying their crap before they had time to think about how they really don't need it that much after all.

As I wrote from my iPad.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
There is something to be said for Apple's way of saying nothing at all until about two weeks before the product is available. Gets people buying their crap before they had time to think about how they really don't need it that much after all.

As I wrote from my iPad.

The lost impulse purchases are one issue. But also for those that do have a real need or use for something like that will get impatient and begin looking elsewhere for a suitable solution.

There can be other unintended consequences from pre-announcements known as the Osborne Effect (not to be confused with Ozzy).
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrHoo wrote:
WHERE did anyone officially announce an exact release date ? If it was a guy at a trade show who was asked when, then he's cornered & has to give some answer, camera pointing at him and all that.

They are actually already out in Japan. The main problem here is that retail websites such as Guitar Center and Musician's Friend post completely bogus release dates to lure in more pre-orders, then of course when it gets close to that date and they still don't have the product available, they end up changing it.

There actually hasn't been any official release date other than a few Korg reps early on saying it will have a Summer release date. On the northern hemisphere, that is any time between June 21 to September 21, so we still have up to two months for Korg to deliver the goods.

20 years ago, the average Joe wouldn't have a clue that an instrument was coming out till it was actually in stores or previewed/reviewed in a magazine. Today, we have instant access to every bit of information, so naturally, people's patience and attention spans are much shorter.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin

Last edited by Re-Member on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked Thomann and they have it listed for the 02nd of September.
Can't help feel a little disappointed by that.

Regards
Sharp.
Cry UFO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip, they are defiantly out in Japan just got back from a tour with the whole set.

BUT they were hard to find!

I brought them in three different cities and it was always the last one in stock, if they had any left at all.

…. I do think they’re worth the wait though!!!

Exceeded any expectations I had that’s for sure!
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really irks me is that Korg have 'introduced' us to the Volca family with their Youtube videos....... but despite being introduced- we don't actually get to meet them! Where is the etiquette there?
Eyeball

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think nearly every store already sold out...
It was beginning of september here in NL and that was the latest release date on the list as far as I knew... Germany had them earlier, and now suddenly it's pushed back. Here as well they have been pushed back for a couple of weeks, but that's not because they will arrive later but because they were already sold out by pre-orders about a month ago...

So many people are a little upset with Korg and I'm wondering if it's not just the massive hype...

Btw, somebody's already planning on doing an entire album with them Razz curious how it will sound... After watching every single demo on YT I'd say the Volca's are up to the job Razz

http://igg.me/at/KorgSequencerAlbum/x/4150180
infindebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garry71 wrote:
I'm fed up with waiting. Deciding between Doepfer Dark Energy, or a Blofeld now.

That's as stupid as saying you got tired of waiting for your new Audi so you decided to get a sack of grapefruits instead.

Dark Energy = analog patchable nerdy monosynth.

Blofeld = digital wavetable chic polysynth.

Volca = standalone analog instruments with nice sounds, simple dance music-oriented sequencer, and instant gratification.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infindebula wrote:
garry71 wrote:

That's as stupid as saying you got tired of waiting for your new Audi so you decided to get a sack of grapefruits instead.

Volca = standalone analog instruments with nice sounds, simple dance music-oriented sequencer, and instant gratification.

Apart from the 'Beats' which sounds like tin cans & humming noises ! Laughing
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrHoo wrote:
infindebula wrote:
garry71 wrote:

Apart from the 'Beats' which sounds like tin cans & humming noises ! Laughing

I don't even know how you can compare these with each other. They are all very different. If you just want a new toy to play with I suppose any one of them will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: