Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OPEN LETTER TO KORG TEAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:34 am    Post subject: sad Reply with quote

attorney file a Class Action Lawsuit against Korg for breach of contract ..

Sound great .. but

just because they call it a professional arranger does not mean they have to have all the functions in it.

( I for one think they should have even more functions in it but)

the update page says..

We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.
This does not mean that it will be in the next update in the next update could be in five years.

Some people here are totally happy with the keyboard.

The pa5x works just like korg said.
Korg did not say it would have all the functions of the pa4x.

And as far as bad press,how they are going to recover from the bad press ,
korg they do not need to, people are buying the PA 5X and they don't know about all the functions that are missing.

I think korg has the right idea call it a professional keyboard, and if you say it enough times the people will believe it.

I think old intelligent people by this keyboard for this kind of money do the young people buy keyboard like this what age group.

This will probably be the last PA 5 professional Ranger
Too much money ,and the korg PA 700 does more..

So korg will be moving on to the
new and better and bigger and faster arrangers..

The EK-50
Ek-50U
Ek-50l
EK-50-a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h, and so on ..

The Professional Arranger from korg is on its way out. They were just relabel the EK-50, New Professional Arranger EK-50 .. We will step over each other to get the new improved keyboard.

If korg cannot put the PA 4 inside of the PA 5 and more

It's time to start looking for a new arranger keyboard..

Korg let us all down ,how sad
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan MMXVDB wrote:
Purchased the PA5X just before Christmas, disappointed would be a little understated.
Just a thought, if anyone has a Youtube influencer contact who gives keyboards a run through to their thousands of channel subscribers, if they've already had a look or intend to have a look at the PA5X, it might be worth pointing them in the direction of this forum to read what users have been stating, maybe they'll be willing to pass on user feedback and experience with the Korg PA5X?

Youtube KORG Official has so many dissepointed text,s so they must have been see it.

I think They KNOW!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After annoying korg for a while they answered a couple of questions for me.

however I can't believe a company like KORG does not address the frustrated owners of the PA5X with a public letter or announcement this is just plain stupid on KORG's part
JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:

however I can't believe a company like KORG does not address the frustrated owners of the PA5X with a public letter or announcement this is just plain stupid on KORG's part

What were your questions, and what were the answers from Korg?
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to exchange my Yamaha Genos2 for a Korg Pa5X, but it sounds like I better not do that. What annoying messages I read here about Korg, there are a lot of disappointed Korg fans. That's not nice to read.
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
Xx_Joey_xX wrote:

What were your questions, and what were the answers from Korg?

KORG NY did confirm with me that the DELETE BUTTON Along with undo are coming back to style edit because so many people have been complaining about not having them.

I think KORG has all new engineers that are kids and have no clue about the the history of the PA series.
Bescki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
I wanted to exchange my Yamaha Genos2 for a Korg Pa5X, but it sounds like I better not do that. What annoying messages I read here about Korg, there are a lot of disappointed Korg fans. That's not nice to read.

Keep your genos.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this thread, Korg is not the only brand. Yamaha Genos has still bugs and won’t be fixed. Genos2 is missing a lot of features and many users have complaints about it.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
Genos2 is missing a lot of features and many users have complaints about it.

....interesting..... the world of arrangers seems to be seriously falling apart .... hearing about the problems with Ketron Event too!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
DaPale wrote:

....interesting..... the world of arrangers seems to be seriously falling apart .... hearing about the problems with Ketron Event too!!!

I suspect that too. The market is increasingly shifting to DAW and VST, i.e. making and producing music using software. You also see more and more music production tools such as groove boxes, samplers and small synthesizers. Roland has of course stopped making decent arrangers for years, now only Medelli junk. You see that with arrangers and synthesizers it takes much longer before bug fixes and new features are released with a firmware update.

I think the above software is pulling developers and engineers away from the arranger segment.
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:

Missing a lot of features? Confused
Yes, SOME do complain. But there is also a big difference in missing features that are not present at any of the G-models and what's among the items added to the users wishlists.

That said, I'm not among the most professional ones that deepdive every single corner of the OS' and who uses and have needs for more than all the features and possabilities there is to find.
That's probably why I don't find that much bugs and missing stuff.

Btw,
I have not had any issues with my Pa5X-76 so far. In fact I'm very happy with it. I managed to make it restart by itself once, and that was as far as I could see my own fault.
Reading manuals and also tips at forums in addition to look at videos at YT before I did things I had no knowledge about would most likely prevent it to happen. Very Happy
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Yamko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gunnar,
There isn't a lot of functionality missing in Pa5x.
Owners of Pa4x have simply been spoiled by the extra things, some of which are actually unnecessary in an arranger keyboard, and which are much better offered in a program for editing on PC, Tablet such as Windows, Mac, Android.
Yamaha is an example of this.
Let's be honest, many editing functions can be done better and easier on the PC on a large screen, which is much more comfortable!
And making adjustments on stage is just nonsense!
A stage is there to perform and not to make adjustments or anything else.
There are indeed things where a number of bugs occur and Korg will provide solutions for them in the short term.
Hopefully also the buttons that fade??
The Korg Pa5x is a very good keyboard, especially compared to Pa4x
where the operating system was a mess and luckily Korg looked at the Genos!!!
PS: look at what Qui Robinez does and can do with it!!!
@ Da Pale, Genos2 lacks no functionalities at all, and works as expected from a keyboard. Yamaha has the sense not to put too many extras in the keyboard so as not to cause additional problems. It is primarily a keyboard, and is used to make music. And what people call bugs are in most cases their own mistakes, and Yamaha will fix the real bugs!
Solution read user manual !!!
JagiChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamko wrote:
Hello Gunnar,
There isn't a lot of functionality missing in Pa5x.
Owners of Pa4x have simply been spoiled by the extra things, some of which are actually unnecessary in an arranger keyboard, and which are much better offered in a program for editing on PC, Tablet such as Windows, Mac, Android.
Yamaha is an example of this.
Let's be honest, many editing functions can be done better and easier on the PC on a large screen, which is much more comfortable!
And making adjustments on stage is just nonsense!
A stage is there to perform and not to make adjustments or anything else.
There are indeed things where a number of bugs occur and Korg will provide solutions for them in the short term.
Hopefully also the buttons that fade??
The Korg Pa5x is a very good keyboard, especially compared to Pa4x
where the operating system was a mess and luckily Korg looked at the Genos!!!
PS: look at what Qui Robinez does and can do with it!!!
@ Da Pale, Genos2 lacks no functionalities at all, and works as expected from a keyboard. Yamaha has the sense not to put too many extras in the keyboard so as not to cause additional problems. It is primarily a keyboard, and is used to make music. And what people call bugs are in most cases their own mistakes, and Yamaha will fix the real bugs!
Solution read user manual !!!

+1

Perfectly put. I did not find too many things missing, except some small annoyances like sliders not being initialized properly during power on, or sometimes the slider values are not taken into account during changing some styles. But those are some things, I can live with. I know what needs to be done to deal with the bug.

I agree the PC is far more powerful when it comes to editing audio/video. Korg in my opinion should make something similar to the PA Manager and MiditoStyle for PC, so that we can organize and create styles without breaking the bank.

Power users on this forum have too many demands out of the keyboard, which I presume may be needed by them. But for me KORG PLEASE fix those small annoyances with sliders, and some non-working menu items and then I guess I'm good.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
Power users on this forum have too many demands out of the keyboard, which I presume may be needed by them.

It is a powerful instrument but you don't have to be a "power user" before experiencing the unfinished features of this high-cost professional product.

If the term "missing" is used to compare with previous models then that is not a Korg issue BUT if features and functions are missing (or do not work) as per the User Manual then that is a Korg issue.
Unfortunately, this model fits the latter. Just not good enough!!!!

However, if you are content and feel you have full value for money, then that is awesome.... 👍
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we consider all the different perspectives surrounding Korgs PA5X history so far, which has created some division within the community and further afield inside the Korg Umbrella, I do then at times feel that some of this division has been viewed as unnecessary and unwanted by those who may confuse constuctive criticism as negative feedback...

I believe this has happened because customers intentions to communicate constructive criticism as a process to provide feedback as a method that offers specific, actionable recommendations for change and improvement has been completely lost in an echo chamber which is of Korgs making, this I believe has happened because of the most unfortunate change in policy that Korg have recently adopted concerning two-way communication...

This has clearly damaged and hindered relationships between Korg and a large section of the arranger community, including division inside the community where genuine intentions by those who would like to provide good constructive feedback in the hope this should then facilitate some positive outcomes, this has now been left unattended (as far as we know) by Korg and has become the cause of much frustration...

I do sincerely hope this situation will be recognised by Korg and resoved in the not too distant future, but unfortunately in the mean time, I also understand the process that is being played on this forum and further afield in the hope Korg recognise the need for positive change in policy which would then be beneficial for all.... Korg and the Customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: