Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias / R3 Editor incompatible to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard :-(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
subVert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Thanks for the info - we'll check into this.

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!

I did some more poking around since I have both a Tiger and Leopard box. The results of my experiment show that the editor is reading the preferencess file under Leopard, but not writing to it.

The editor did create the preferences file in both operating systems. If you go into home/Library/Preferences you find "KORG Radias Sound Editor.plist"

My Tiger install has 29 key/value pairs in the file. My Leopard install only had 1 key/value pair. I think it was just for the default screen size.

So I copied the preference file from the Tiger box to the Leopard box. When I launch the editor under Leopard now it will launch with all the prefs from my Tiger install so I have the ports, I have the editor background changed to black. I tried changing the background to silver and it didn't save it to the prefs file.

If anyone is adventurous and wants a copy of the plist file from my Tiger box with the correct ports saved then PM me.

On a side note, for mac geeks. The .plist file displays as an XML file with the new Leopard "Quick View" feature, but when you click on it you get the usual Property List Editor.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subVert wrote:
If anyone is adventurous and wants a copy of the plist file from my Tiger box with the correct ports saved then PM me.

Great idea, thanks for your kind offer. PM has been sent Wink
Thomas
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subVert wrote:
On a side note, for mac geeks. The .plist file displays as an XML file with the new Leopard "Quick View" feature, but when you click on it you get the usual Property List Editor.

Thanks for the file. It works greats. Changing the editor's options with the Plist editor of the developer tools is totally easy. A nice workaround while we're waiting for a bugfixed editor Wink
subVert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas A. wrote:

Thanks for the file. It works greats. Changing the editor's options with the Plist editor of the developer tools is totally easy. A nice workaround while we're waiting for a bugfixed editor Wink

I'm glad it worked. It's too bad the editor install didn't create a plist file with all the possible keys so that you could use the workaround without getting a plist file from somewhere else.

I didn't realize that the plist editor was part of the developer tools. I just happened to install the dev tools right after the Radias editor. I know pcs better than macs.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've confirmed this small bug - we'll get it fixed as soon as is reasonable. We're in a deep period of Leopard testing for all of our software so please be patient.

regards,

Jerry
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news regarding an editor update, Jerry?

In the meantime I've found a more serious bug using the Radias editor under Leopard: Sometimes when I had two library windows open, the editor crashed immediately after saving a new library file the very first time to disk. Fortunately, the saved file is not corrupted.
Gospel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG
Not to state the obvious, but you should always beware of OS upgrades especially anything apple does. I wanted the new GarageBand iLfe 08. But i went on the forums and saw that they CHANGED the AUDIO FILE Format! sorry to yell but that is no small deal. I read numerous reports that any songs converted from GB3 with recorded audio went out of time and tune. So i didn't buy it.
I want the new Logic Studio, but to do so i have to upgrade my OS from 10.4.6 to 10.5. The problem here is they changed the AU VALIDATION scheme in an x.x.1 upgrade. WTF? oh and since apple doesn't seed OS with developers no one can start work on upgrading THEIR software to new protocols. so wether or not your favorite plug-ins (free or very expensive)will work is a total crapshoot. not to mentiom my reMote 61 SL also exspensive so i will wait, again.
Upgrades are great but with all the forums all over the net it is dangrous to upgrade without checking around FIRST! It is like putting a pill in your mouth with no idea what it is, where it came from or what it will do to your ahem, system. Fine if your an invulnerable teenager, but not as a responsible and very mortal adult.

as for the car analogy, i would be very pissed if i pulled up to the gas station fighting back bile on the 50 bucks it costs to fill my tank and they said "we don't make gas for that model car anymore, it is 12 years old, time to upgrade!" this is a fitting analogy because my G5 pre-intel dual 2 cost about as much as my car did.

i am not insulting anyone, just trying to warn ya, belive me i have made mistakes arond this as well. Knowing is half the battle! go joe!-gos

ps props to korg for continued support of their hardware os. now just bring that MS20 controller back i want one!
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospel wrote:
you should always beware of OS upgrades especially anything apple does.
It is a confirmed bug in the Radias editor and not only a problem for people who upgrades Mac OS X. Buy a brand new Mac and you'll run into the same troubles with the Radias editor.
bkboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why i tell people to ditch apple and go windows (especially xp64 or xp professional), its tweaked version is simply the best and most reliable OS that doesn't require any upgrade. vista sucks btw.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer that Korg fixes the Radias editor instead of creating papercraft stuff Wink

http://www.korg.co.jp/News/2007/1205/
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
We've confirmed this small bug

I'm waiting since for six weeks now. Any ideas when this "small" bug will be fixed?
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does either WindowsXP's 64-bit or Vista's 64-bit OS "fix" the USB 10-device limit? Is there any "fix" for this infuriating Windows OS limitation?

Edit: Oh, sorry. Pretty off-topic post, but a few here were discussing this earlier in the thread.
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leopard problems fixed. Here are the updated editors:

Radias:
http://www.korg.co.jp/Support/Download/Update/RADIAS/mac.html

R3:
http://www.korg.co.jp/Support/Download/Software/R3Editor/mac.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: