Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to find my own sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike-K

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ... nice job there, Pecca. If you go back to it later, bring up the vocoder parts a bit more during the rhythmic part ... it's fine at the end, though. After that, you got yourselves a really cool piece!

Mike
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Mike. Nice of you to have bothered to listen Smile I really appreciate it.
Sorry to say that i´ve got fed up with it atm... Heard it a gazillion times. I think it´s common that ppl who write songs or ppl that try to find their own sound get bored at the current project sooner or later.
Your suggestion was so easy to do so... Leveled up the vocoder & rendering a new mp3.
1 minute + rendering a few minutes... Will post it later
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done: http://www.pecca.se/audio/angel_louder.mp3
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear all the different versions here, but i think what you now have sounds very good. Good smooth yet punchy sound. Everything has a good sense of presence and space.
album cover
Mike-K

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Pecca. I agree with George. This is a "keeper"! Nice all around.

I think, this one's done! Cool

Mike
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks George and Mike Cool
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made another groove now. All mixed in FL Studo + did a normalization on the mp3.

A bit different from the other project i made.
I´ve used some of the samples i got in my last mix (mainly drums) and obviously also added very different synths in this one.
There´s also 2 female vocal samples that i took from Ejay + a cymbal chrash from dito.
My goal was to try and make a "powerful" dance track.
Ofcourse not finished and prolly never will be Wink
For anyone interested Arrow http://www.pecca.se/audio/darkdance2.mp3
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to learn and am learning thanks to you.
Would appreciate if anyone had a listen to my latest version (remaster & remix) to point out the bads... I lowered the bass a bit (got a remark from my bro that it was high) and i put some other vocal samples in. Also did small master eq changes, plus i use a multiband compression overall... Is that bad to do ? (and why ?)
Note, that this song is another version from the initial post (but using drums from what i learned in that one).

So you who have the nice monitor speakers / headphones...
What would you change ? What sounds off ? (cymbal isn´t that good in places, in my opinion).
Greatful for answers Smile

Arrow http://www.pecca.se/audio/darkdance4.mp3
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this. The bass is really still too strong I think. What I would suggest is put your song up against a couple others produced commercially, like a couple trance numbers and go back and forth and compare highs and lows and volume levels. I do that all the time with my pieces, even though i still end up too bassy myself. Other than a bit of eqing I think it's a great dance loop. I always think these things sound generic though without some sort of lyrics, it seems to be an intro to a Deborah Cox song, but she never comes on. But what you have here is very nice and well though out.
album cover
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input George.
I did actually compare the bass to another trancey song... Not sure if it was a commercial one tho. Wink
I think i must buy a bit more expensive headphones before i can learn to destinguish fawlty bass levels.
Yep, i agree. This is a generic type of dance track, using "euro beat" sequeces.
Just trying to mix them so they sound somewhat in harmony with eachother, and the drums... and the bass... and the pad... *GRIN* - Difficult !

Vocals added just to rid some boredom.... (played with delays, reverbs and filters on them tho)

I´ll try to lower the bass even more and perhaps do something more interesting within the sequences.'

Cheers / Pecca
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best trick for comparing mastering mixing levels is to listen to a couple or 3 trance songs in a row so your ears are adjusted to the sound then switch suddenly to yours and see if it matches up or if you suddenly want to lower the volume, or hit the treble button, etc.
album cover
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, this song really kicks!!!

I liked it a lot!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
I think the best trick for comparing mastering mixing levels is to listen to a couple or 3 trance songs in a row so your ears are adjusted to the sound then switch suddenly to yours and see if it matches up or if you suddenly want to lower the volume, or hit the treble button, etc.

Thanks for the tip Smile Sounds like a good trick. Will try that.

Diego - Thanks Smile
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done some overall mastering and added some more sequences and stuff.
Took a Print Screen of the project.

Haven´t really compared to other Trancey songs yet (soundwise). Will do tho...
Anyway, the song is closer to being done.
New sequence start around 2:50 and progresses for over 1 minute.
Let me know if someone would like to have a "whack" at mastering it Shocked

Arrow http://www.pecca.se/audio/RU_allrite_remastered.mp3 (songname changed)
Mike-K

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has a really cool groove, Pecca. Love it and it sounds great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: