Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

auto chord progression with active KARMA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just as a small note; you don't have to keep the key with the pattern depressed when using RPPR. You can set it to toggle the pattern on and off. So you could have both hands free that way.

Thanks - I didn't know that.

Ksi: - Could you use a dynamic source to trigger the chord sequences?

i.e. I have a TC Helicon Harmoniser that has a 3-way foot switch that allows me to move up and down through the program bank to select patches. Maybe something like that could be configured to trigger/move between RPPR keys?

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me you could use a pad controller too, for controlling loops a la ableton. The only thing is I think you have to mute the old pattern when you switch to a new one, or it'll play both.
ksi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I think so, but there's no reason why you couldn't just record all four chords in sequence as ONE pattern.

Ah, didn't think of that, will try. Thanks.
ksi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sparker"]
Quote:
J
Ksi: - Could you use a dynamic source to trigger the chord sequences?

i.e. I have a TC Helicon Harmoniser that has a 3-way foot switch that allows me to move up and down through the program bank to select patches. Maybe something like that could be configured to trigger/move between RPPR keys?

I don't have any external device, currently. I will first try how far I can get with just the KRONOS.
ksi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found out on how to realize my desired setup using (almost) just the KRONOS. Making use of external MIDI In as proposed earlier in this thread is the basic concept to trigger KARMA over a whole chord progression. However, it is not necessary to employ any external MIDI device or DAW - A simple MIDI cable is enough.

It is possible to loop back MIDI Out to MIDI In using the MIDI cable, then in Global P1: MIDI 1-1a MIDI Setup I deactivate Local Control On, and enable Enable MIDI In to KARMA Module. At the same time, Enable KARMA Module to MIDI Out is being disabled.

From this basic setup, I record a chord progression onto one or more tracks in Sequencer mode by just striking the chord notes in the same way as if I would play to trigger KARMA. During recording KARMA is switched off, however, so just the notes that I played are recorded.

When having recorded all the tracks that are to sound, each of the recorded tracks can trigger another KARMA module when playing back the tracks. But instead of just the chord notes the KARMA modules will play - fantastic Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: