Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here we go again...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warning signs were reported here at the start of the year and ignored. Pete and others posted that they would not buy Pa5X for at least a year after it came out.

On January16 20022 Taichi wrote:

Nothing posted here will reach the ears of Korg. Same with our “wish lists”. They have already made a decision as to where they are going. What are they going to “chuck at us” next, only they know. So why worry or even discuss something that is beyond our control ? Why waste our valuable time and energy ? Korg have already decided, it`s too late. Move on.

But all is not lost, the solution is simple. “Chuck at us” is the operative term. So let them “chuck it at us” whenever they want. Traditionally it will be full of “BUGS” for us to spend inflated prices on and sort out their “BUGS” for them. That is what Korg do best. Chuck things at us to sort.

So it is simple, don’t ponder on what is coming next, move on. Just do not purchase anything new from Korg until the “BUGS”, faults and build quality have been 100% fixed and commented on.

It is a no brainer so in the meantime, enjoy what you have and keep playing. Please do not throw away your hard earned cash and pension money on a keyboard that will be, by Korg tradition, full of “BUGS” for you to sort out. Let Korg get it right first, and that’s going to take a minimum of two years.

BACHUS replied: “Makes me wonder why people who think this way even come and visit these forums”

D575 replied: “---- can only dismiss the general theme of the above as hopefully just a bad day at the office”

The signs were there so why were they not taken more seriously. Pleas from Pa1000 and 700 users were being ignored, that is when the rot set in. Korg made a decision then to not care about their faithful KORGIES.

The posts in Pa5X section and on social media tell it all.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don,t understand why KORG not responding at all?

I mean , this is going very bad.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I don,t understand why KORG not responding at all?

I mean , this is going very bad.

Fear and Arrogance with a blast of Ego I suspect...

Unfortunately there is most probably still a remanence of Old Prehistoric Practises operating in the Korg Corporation at the moment and after witnessing this on occasions myself over the past 33 years in my daily life, I am sure there are those within Korg who are Young, Fresh, with Strong Dynamic Views who want to move on from this type of Antiquated Prehistoric Practise...

And as I have said previously this is most likely a very Senior Management or Board level Problem.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don’t know their problems, all I know is that the pa5 is a disaster at the moment.
Who’s behind it does not matter now, some great things we have built in all this years are gone.
Manny things will never be the same.
Lots of trust is gone fore a loooooong time.
All they had to do was, just put some short notice here and there, to give me confidence, and make me to stay with them.

Taking peoples money, lie on their own Webb and not explaining anything,
It’s just stupidity and nonsense.
We are not idiots,
At least they can explain, have good contact with the people who are KORGYS.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:

............ Pete and others posted that they would not buy Pa5X for at least a year after it came out.

............ Just do not purchase anything new from Korg until the “BUGS”, faults and build quality have been 100% fixed and commented on.

............ Please do not throw away your hard earned cash and pension money on a keyboard that will be, by Korg tradition, full of “BUGS” for you to sort out. Let Korg get it right first, and that’s going to take a minimum of two years.

Hi.
This is almost a double-edged sword...
If one were to follow these suggestions not to buy or at least to wait a year before buying, it would probably be of little interest for Korg to develop and release new models on the market.
In order to detect intricate errors, the keyboards must be used, preferably by experienced users who use capabilities that the normal home user is not close to trying.
Korg could have solved this by allowing some of the hard core PA X users whom they had to trust to try out beta models that are close to completion before the model was put up for sale.

I have no doubt that Korg will fix the problems reported, and I have no doubt that those who have no experience with previous models will be more happy than the experienced PA4 users at first.
Beginners and those who only use the keyboard for fun at home by playing along with styles will not detect or experience as many errors as we see described.

The biggest problem here in the area is that there is no PA5X to get hold of. The wait seems to be long, and that may have its advantages.
Korg has possibly managed to upload a new version of the OS with missing features, additions and bug fixes by the time the stores have replenished their stock. Smile Cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:
Beginners and those who only use the keyboard for fun at home by playing along with styles will not detect or experience as many errors as we see described.

Interesting - I would say this pretty much describes me. So perhaps this why many of the BUGS aren't so offensive to me. Yes, they need to be fixed - but not SHOW STOPPERS for me. (pun intended) Very Happy

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
They are BIG BOYS in a different way - iPhones don't cost thousands of dollars.

[quote="davekalbach"]

My last phone was nearly $1500 back in 2018, and it's just a phone. Roughly 1/4 of the price I paid for the Pa5X. Unfortunately you guys are getting killed on price, I imagine due to shipping and possible import fees to Australia.

Hi Dave, I don’t think our problem is import fees and shipping, it’s the value of the Aussie dollar, only worth about 69 cents to your $1 USD currently. It’s been low for a while now. Makes overseas stuff extensive.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Hi Dave, I don’t think our problem is import fees and shipping, it’s the value of the Aussie dollar, only worth about 69 cents to your $1 USD currently. It’s been low for a while now. Makes overseas stuff extensive.

Not disagreeing at all, but that surprises me. I have a small place in the Philippines, there I see increased cost on electronics mostly due to import. PHP to USD has remained fairly constant over the past 7 or 8 years I've been there.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
iOpus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: what a shame Reply with quote

I don't know here how much we can get Korg to do something for us, but check out this Facebook group. What a disgrace they are doing to Korg.

Maybe they won't help those of us who bought the Pa5x, but one thing is for sure, the damage will be paid by Korg.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416010130493749/?multi_permalinks=419647236796705&ref=share
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: what a shame Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
I don't know here how much we can get Korg to do something for us, but check out this Facebook group. What a disgrace they are doing to Korg.

Maybe they won't help those of us who bought the Pa5x, but one thing is for sure, the damage will be paid by Korg.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416010130493749/?multi_permalinks=419647236796705&ref=share

Quite simply, any Pa5X buyers with problems should send the units back to the dealers with a request to have the faults fixed. If Korg gets a lot of returns, maybe they'll take notice.
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the UK dealers are advertising the Pa5X as the best thing since sliced bread and what a vast improvement it is on its predecessor Pa4X. They are singing its praises. Most sickening are the reviews from the dealers, obviously fake and made up reviews.

In the UK we are protected by Consumer Rights that says a product must be “fit for purpose” and as advertised otherwise we can take it back and get a full refund.

You could laugh at this Pa5X if it was not so funny. Thank god I decided to wait a year or so as suggested by Pete and many others.

With all due respects to you guys here do you HONESTLY think that it is physically possible to get rid of all the BUGS and restore the MISSING FEATURES that were so loved on the Pa4X. As requested here and on social media. Of course it is not possible and anyone that thinks it will happen is living in cuckoo land I am afraid. There is just too much wrong with the Pa5X.

Korgs resources and reputation are in tatters across the world. They will be very lucky to survive this.

My main feeling now, and I think for you guys too, is one of SHOCK. The SHOCK of how we faithful Korgies have been treated. Unbelievable and very sad.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have similar 'fit for purpose' laws here in Australia.

I have been following with interest the discussion about the new Pa5X. It is worth remembering the history of the pa4X.

The Pa4X was released in March 2015, and I recall that for many users it was not sufficiently stable until the release of the NEXT OS v3.1.0

That was 4 years later in March 2019.

Phil
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
We have similar 'fit for purpose' laws here in Australia.

I have been following with interest the discussion about the new Pa5X. It is worth remembering the history of the pa4X.

The Pa4X was released in March 2015, and I recall that for many users it was not sufficiently stable until the release of the NEXT OS v3.1.0

That was 4 years later in March 2019.

Phil

Well i hope it will not take another 5 YEARS!
That would be the end of KORG ARRANGER HISTORY!
At this point the trust is not there.
we are in 2022, and if we have to wait like 4 more years os update than this is over for me with KORG

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
the_boss81

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my colleagues and I have never used either midi to style or Kaoss in Pa4... so we don't need the functions anyway, but of course we understand that others would like to have it and especially that the OS MUST run stably.
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone wrote here days ago that when people return their Pa5Xs`, as they are doing so, the dealers will sell them on again. How right he was. Just look at this Pa5X for sale at a top UK dealer.

Korg PA5X 61 Note Professional Arranger Keyboard Perfect Condition Customer Return

PA5X61 Perfect Condition Customer Return
• Now £3,599.00

• Was £3,699.00
• |
• Save: £100.00 (3%)

It is a return with only £100 pounds knocked off the price. Korg and dealers must be laughing all the way to the bank. Someone will walk past the shop, listen to the sales praise and buy it.

Seems like that post was correct. Return the Pa5X because it is garbage and the dealer will sell it on. In this case £100 off.

Should Pa5X be completely withdrawn from the market for a year or so?? Korg are having a laugh. Shame on them.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: