Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5X vs Ketron EVENT??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi All,

Fear not, all PA5X owners will saying the same things that the Italian musician said about his Ketron Event when korg release their next PA5X O/S update. Wink Wink

Chris

Not really, the big update isn't due until late 2023 or early 2024 if nothing is delayed. So we could be happy in, say, the second half of 2024.

Humm, and by then, Yamaha might just steal the show ..... Confused
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting almost two years to have a complete and fully functioning keyboard is simply outrageous.

Yamaha might steal the show .

It’s gotta be better than korg stealing your money …..
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Keith,

Sent you a PM which you may have missed.
Do drop me a line please via mail: pasounds@zeelandnet.nl

greetings,
John Smies
petr14

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Waiting almost two years to have a complete and fully functioning keyboard is simply outrageous.

Software development just takes time. It's hard for Korg to speed it up. He could have waited even with the hardware release, but I'm happy with the current form. For me, the Pa5X is useful as is and the added features will only expand its capabilities. I'm not sure if I'll even use them. I prefer to do my midi editing on a PC. Generic midi to style conversion doesn't appeal to me. And so on. The only thing I personally still want from Korg is for him to document the midi interface and allow full control of Pa5X via the midi controller.

Those who have it differently don't have to buy Pa5X right away and can wait the two years. I see no reason to prevent Korg from releasing Pa5X for those of us who find its current functionality satisfactory.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:

Software development just takes time. It's hard for Korg to speed it up. He could have waited even with the hardware release, but I'm happy with the current form. For me, the Pa5X is useful as is and the added features will only expand its capabilities. I'm not sure if I'll even use them. I prefer to do my midi editing on a PC.

Hi, I’m with Petr I’d sooner have it in its current form, than not at all.
I’ll be happy when they add a bit more of its onboard editing, it’s handy for a quick fix.
I’ve always done my main style editing for my psr converted styles in a Daw, so for me nothing has changed, except that currently I use intro 1 as count in, instead of intro 3.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="petr14"][quote="worth"]Waiting almost two years to have a complete and fully functioning keyboard is simply outrageous.

It’s gotta be better than korg stealing your money …..[/quote]

Software development just takes time. It's hard for Korg to speed it up. He could have waited even with the hardware release, but I'm happy with the current form. For me, the Pa5X is useful as is and the added features will only expand its capabilities. I'm not sure if I'll even use them. I prefer to do my midi editing on a PC. Generic midi to style conversion doesn't appeal to me. And so on. The only thing I personally still want from Korg is for him to document the midi interface and allow full control of Pa5X via the midi controller.

Those who have it differently don't have to buy Pa5X right away and can wait the two years. I see no reason to prevent Korg from releasing Pa5X for those of us who find its current functionality satisfactory.[/quote]

Fair enough .
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
petr14 wrote:
worth wrote:

Those who have it differently don't have to buy Pa5X right away and can wait the two years. I see no reason to prevent Korg from releasing Pa5X for those of us who find its current functionality satisfactory.

Fair enough .

The idea of getting new features every few months in general really sounds like an incredible idea…. Yamaha did it with the montage and Roland with the Fantom..

But seems to me Korg is kinda slow (same with Ketron). I expected that atleast the missing features from pa4x would have been patched in by now? But they where not even able to finish the pa4x musikant yet?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
worth wrote:
petr14 wrote:
worth wrote:

Fair enough .

The idea of getting new features every few months in general really sounds like an incredible idea…. Yamaha did it with the montage and Roland with the Fantom..

But seems to me Korg is kinda slow (same with Ketron). I expected that atleast the missing features from pa4x would have been patched in by now? But they where not even able to finish the pa4x musikant yet?

Then one can only speculate...

And speculate I will...

Looking at korg as a whole, historically and in the present, this looks very much like a company that could possibly be struggling, and perhaps find themselves in financial trouble, all the signs are their when you look carefully and specifically in this instance with the story of PA5X, which has certainly been an eye-opener to date...

If I had time or the inclination to do so, a study of Korg's accounts of recent years and up to now, might provide a better understanding with a more factual overview, rather than this Speculative point of view...

Maybe someone has undertaken a review of korgs financial health of recent times and would like to share ?

Last edited by D575 on Tue May 16, 2023 4:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comparison is tough for me. As I added the Pa1000 Musikant to my pa1000. Also, able to to upload them to my pa5x. All the keyboard sets are there on the conversion and styles sounds great. The Musikant add-on is one of my favorite styles. Puts my pa1000 on a new level of style and sound. Now. Got the best of 2 worlds on the pa5x.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking at korg as a hole

Laughing
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
This comparison is tough for me. As I added the Pa1000 Musikant to my pa1000. Also, able to to upload them to my pa5x. All the keyboard sets are there on the conversion and styles sounds great. The Musikant add-on is one of my favorite styles. Puts my pa1000 on a new level of style and sound. Now. Got the best of 2 worlds on the pa5x.

Hi, just wondering, what is the Musikant add-on?
I always thought the Musikant was a different version of the keyboard for the European market.
Someone did once send me some Musikant styles, but a number of the voices don’t exist in the regular Korg arrangers.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

Laughing

Lol....I will have to make you my Proofreader Pete, my phone keypad is a little hit and miss at times Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realised that - done it many times myself - but have to say that I'm not so sure you were actually wrong Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

Laughing

Eeeeeheeeeem Smile. KORG,s AS Hole? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
usaraiya

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update to my Event Return story.
I received my refund check from AJ 3 months after I returned the KB, after numerous emails. He was in Italy for 2 months! And no one could sign and send me a check until he returned to the US!

I returned the KB within 4 days of its arrival but I had to shell out a 20% re-stocking fee ($1000) and get paid 3 months later, but I am glad that I received my money, EVENTually!!(Sorry, I couldn't help that), a mixed happy ending.

Moral of the story: I look forward to enjoying my PA5X, and to the OS update whenever it is released, and Korg UK's webinars, and in contrast, I am sure that they would never treat a customer with such disdain!

Uday
Smile

Last edited by usaraiya on Tue May 16, 2023 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: