Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OPEN LETTER TO KORG TEAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Let me be the teacher here.
1- This unit is NOT FINISH YET!
2-NO all you guys that are happy with the PA5X, are not even Close to any deep editing features it has, that does not work at this moment(one bigg failure is, Stereo Sample problems! No time to explain since you dont even use it!
3-Every ARRANGER WORKSTATION have features like Quick song edit, Style and midi recording etc etc, Cant explain all, YOU WILL NOT READ anyway.

To the point.
This Keyboard is still the best on the market, but, missing things i,m talking about is not only just THINGS , they are things some of us badly need.!!!

Conclution!
YES we are way behind with an update, 2 years....AND YES, we need it, and we will also get it.

One thing is very important here, YOU may not need it, That does not mean Rest of us don,t.
Like some of you, i love the PA5X even if i miss things, And i,m not against to KORG or get payed from another brand to talk bad about KORG.

I,m a creative end user with skills i wanna use on the things i always had , on KORG, and thats something i miss now.

I believe on KORG team, and I,m sure they will do all they can to fix this problems.
Because if i cant even change from 2/4 to 4/4 or 7/8 it,s Problem.
If i cant have more slots for sounds and having 4 GB/8 GB ram, than it,s a bigger problem, since there is no meaning of that RAM.

So Please stay to how you use your KB, and be happy, I,m Ok with that, and i respect that but let us have the things that a PRO LEVEL ARRANGER WORKSTATION must have for some creative people that needs those things we always had in KORG.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Asena,

I am one of the most basic arranger players on this forum, but a feature that I would use on a regular basis is 'Quick record'.

Here is Korg's response,

Quick Recording
Q: Will recording tools such as Quick Record be present in upcoming OS releases?
A: Yes. We are working on a new design of the Quick Record engine as part of a future OS release that will take full advantage of the powerful new Pa5X engine. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

So, any Forum Members that think the missing features are only for advanced and technical players you are quite clearly WRONG !!!

Chris
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Asena,

I am one of the most basic arranger players on this forum, but a feature that I would use on a regular basis is 'Quick record'.

Here is Korg's response,

Quick Recording
Q: Will recording tools such as Quick Record be present in upcoming OS releases?
A: Yes. We are working on a new design of the Quick Record engine as part of a future OS release that will take full advantage of the powerful new Pa5X engine. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

So, any Forum Members that think the missing features are only for advanced and technical players you are quite clearly WRONG !!!

Chris

Hello Chris, hope you are doing well
I have never said that this is only for Advanced Users, Anyone who likes to create things should have opportunity to have this features on a Advanced Keyboard like the PA5X.

And YES, we all need that Quick record, So it’s great to hear that all will be there in the end.

Take care

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Apologies Asena if I gave the impression my comments were aimed at you. They were not.

My comments are aimed directly at the Forum Members that defend Korg by saying that all is o.k. with the O/S because it does not affect most of the owners, only the deepdivers and techie guys. I'm not a deepdiver or a techie guy, quite the opposite I am as basic a player as you will find, and I am affected by the O/S shortcomings (particularly with the lack of 'Quick Record').

Chris
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
My comments are aimed directly at the Forum Members that defend Korg by saying that all is o.k. with the O/S because it does not affect most of the owners, only the deepdivers and techie guys. I'm not a deepdiver or a techie guy, quite the opposite I am as basic a player as you will find, and I am affected by the O/S shortcomings (particularly with the lack of 'Quick Record').

Chris

Well said !
DaPale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understood that Korg has completely renewed the operating system with the Pa5X. If that is true, then I understand that it is on the market with less function than the old system on the Pa4X. That is quite normal in the software world. They bring the basics to the market and then keep coming up with new updates. The updates that have appeared have always brought new features.

For example, I use Final Cut Pro, which Apple rewrote and released with a fresh start. The world turned upside down, but now you don't hear anyone anymore because many functions have been added.

Couldn't that also be the case with the Pa5X?

If so many features are missing, why aren't we being flooded with complaints via YouTube. I would expect that this is precisely the medium to express your dissatisfaction. But I can't find much about this.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything bad, is removed from YOUTUBE and other KORG sites.

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamko wrote:
Hello Gunnar,
There isn't a lot of functionality missing in Pa5x.
Owners of Pa4x have simply been spoiled by the extra things, some of which are actually unnecessary in an arranger keyboard, and which are much better offered in a program for editing on PC, Tablet such as Windows, Mac, Android.
Yamaha is an example of this.
Let's be honest, many editing functions can be done better and easier on the PC on a large screen, which is much more comfortable!
And making adjustments on stage is just nonsense!
A stage is there to perform and not to make adjustments or anything else.
There are indeed things where a number of bugs occur and Korg will provide solutions for them in the short term.
Hopefully also the buttons that fade??
The Korg Pa5x is a very good keyboard, especially compared to Pa4x
where the operating system was a mess and luckily Korg looked at the Genos!!!
PS: look at what Qui Robinez does and can do with it!!!
@ Da Pale, Genos2 lacks no functionalities at all, and works as expected from a keyboard. Yamaha has the sense not to put too many extras in the keyboard so as not to cause additional problems. It is primarily a keyboard, and is used to make music. And what people call bugs are in most cases their own mistakes, and Yamaha will fix the real bugs!
Solution read user manual !!!

I don't know what your USER LEVEL is when it comes to this arranger keyboard. However you're right working on PC or MAC to create sounds and styles would be great however KORG does not provide the tools or the software to do so. Everything is 3rd party KORG PA MANAGER, Cuebase Etc.
When you say it's not missing features maybe for you and other's who use a vanilla keyboard out of the box and are happy with factory styles and sounds that great. For people like me this keyboard is trash compare to PA4X, when it comes to meeting my needs. It does not have a simple DELETE button in style edit! imagine if I need to change or add things while traveling or before an even Do I have to sit there and go through endless lists of notes in EVENT edit? Are you serious. This is unacceptable, Expert users are used to a certain standard set back with the i3 i30 days. This is like when Microsoft released windows 8 and the whole world did not like it and said it was missing basic things such as a START BUTTON. They brought the start button back.
KORG messed up big time with this keyboard, the sound engine is ok, but for people who are using USER STYLES , SOUNDS, SAMPLES, it's missing a whole lot. I have the pa5x, and 4x, My 5x collects dust! I'm using my 4x daily.
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:

Btw,
I have not had any issues with my Pa5X-76 so far. In fact I'm very happy with it. I managed to make it restart by itself once, and that was as far as I could see my own fault.
Reading manuals and also tips at forums in addition to look at videos at YT before I did things I had no knowledge about would most likely prevent it to happen. Very Happy

Hi.
Just to be more precise, the fact that I haven't had any problems with my Pa5X doesn't mean that the bugs and shortcomings reported aren't there. It just means that I haven't gotten so far that there have been any significant problems for me.
Korg TOTL is new to me and there is a lot to learn. Hopefully, Korg has come up with an OS update before I get to the point where the errors and shortcomings that have been reported become a real problem for me. Very Happy Cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Korg Pa5x is a very good keyboard, especially compared to Pa4x
where the operating system was a mess and luckily Korg looked at the Genos!!!

I needed that.... it brightened my day....
ROFL ROFL ROFL
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My relationship with Pa4X did not last long, but I have to say that the OS userinterface at Pa5X is far more pleasant and understandable than Pa4X.
As said in a post above, it's in many ways very similar to what Yamaha introduced at Genos, and it's more PC'ish when work with files and folders.
I really like it, both the screen and interface! Very Happy
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Adri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends i hope you are all good.Did anyone noticed that if you press Manual Bass in Style and you want to play manualy,the any bass(fabric and multisamples)it changes the tones drastically.Did anyone adressed this bug to Korg?I think that Asena noticed it because he explore all on Pa5x.Thanks a lot
DaPale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:
My relationship with Pa4X did not last long, but I have to say that the OS userinterface at Pa5X is far more pleasant and understandable than Pa4X.
As said in a post above, it's in many ways very similar to what Yamaha introduced at Genos, and it's more PC'ish when work with files and folders.
I really like it, both the screen and interface! Very Happy

I agree with you. I think that big redesign is causing the delay to bring more and more features into the Pa5X. I think they will continue more and more. That is a normal proces in software development. Bring it on the market with the most used features and refine and add more features in the months that follows.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject: There is a Reply with quote

There is a reason why Korg and Yamaha europe do not communicate over the forums?

Thats the aggressive nature of part of the crowd combined with the fact that many are masters in twisting the words of these people so it sounds like they said exactly what they want to hear..

If the company says, we try to push the upadate in April, by the end of Februar everyone is allready nagging them, why can’t it be ready yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: