Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POll about speakers setting

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Then the quality/Settings/ of the sound
Will be the same, because....
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Can be the same, because...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Will never be the same, because...
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Don Awareh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: POll about speakers setting Reply with quote

hi,

Maybe some of you may know, there are allot of people still using their speakers from home or just can't afford good monitors. So when these people get a change to connect their MIDI device to monitors.

(read poll)

Explanation.. I want to know if people have the same opinions about the quality of normal speakers and monitors. What they think about it, and is it neccassery to only work with monitors!

Last edited by Don Awareh on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I’m sorry but I just don’t understand what your asking. Can you explain this a bit more ?.

Regards.
Sharp.
Vim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he wants to know if there is an discernable difference when using pro quality special purpose studio monitors when doing mixes as opposed to when u use plain ole vanilla consumer grade home theatre type set-ups.

I guess the answer to his question would be yes there is a difference if you use them in the same listenning environment. Some times home speakers have a particular range of frequencies that are boosted or hyped (this is often parametric though with a fixed Q). eg Bose AM10 and 15 series has a boost around the 1 & 4 khz frequencies while the Whaferdale Pacific series has a boost in the 1 and 5 khz range. The B & W Nautaulis however is boosted in the 200 - 250 hz as well as the 1, 5 8 and 12 Khz range.

JBL touts their LSR6000 series to have a lineraly flat response. etc etc.

Heck sometimes it makes sense to just use speakers that sound good in a room and learn to adjust for frequencies that are hyped or masked.
ex Marshall Islands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: