Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1999 model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symeon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: 1999 model Reply with quote

Hello,
I just joined today. My Triton Classic has been very reliable for years. Today, however, there are programs dropping out in the combination/motion synth category. For example: "God's Bathub" will play all programs initially and then the "Dolphin Ride" will drop out completely. I have used the headphones to trouble shoot and the same happens as with the mixer and speakers. I have tried turning unit off and on again and that only temporarily restores both the programs and then the dolphin ride program drops out again. I have the Trition Operating System vs 2.0 floppys and loaded the "God's Bathtub" combi from the floppy to the bank but still have the same issue. This also happens with other complex combi's such as "Water to Wine". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Symeon
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound dropping issue.. don't feel too bad 'coz I too have that problem

There's nothing worst then when you doing a leadsynth solo all of a sudden the volume takes a nosedive. Crying or Very sad
Symeon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Actually the volume is fine. Some of the sounds in the combination are dropping out.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, too.. thought you and I had the same sound dropping problems I guess not. EmbarassedEmbarassedCrying or Very sad

Check to see if you have any other equipments in the signal chain sending CC (control change)
for example CC#11 & CC#7 affects volume.. could also be a sysex (system exclusive) message.
Symeon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing connected to the unit right now. I checked the global settings which seem normal. I have had midi files before that had some cc that caused the effects to go off on all the internal sound banks but that was on the TR and this is a different issue. The sounds in the combinations are dropping to being almost imperceptible. Also, some of the programs are changing effects it seems.
I do have a dirty slider that can change values in any mode sometimes. I usually just slide it up and down a few times, reboot and everything is fine.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symeon wrote:
There's nothing connected to the unit right now. I checked the global settings which seem normal. I have had midi files before that had some cc that caused the effects to go off on all the internal sound banks but that was on the TR and this is a different issue. The sounds in the combinations are dropping to being almost imperceptible. Also, some of the programs are changing effects it seems.
I do have a dirty slider that can change values in any mode sometimes. I usually just slide it up and down a few times, reboot and everything is fine.

There you go.. energized <static> dust is what's causing it to send-out messages
You'll need a can of compressed air to blow the particles out, Triton Classic is a dust magnet !

Also get something, like a plastic tablecloth or bedsheet if you don't already have a dust cover

Quote:
Also, some of the programs are changing effects it seems.

could be gremlins, they like messing with electronics
Symeon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It may be related to the keyboard. I've discovered that the same programs being altered when playing the keys do not become altered when the notes are activated from a sequenced midi file and no use of the keyboard is required. It could be related to the after touch feature sending a skewed signal.

Lol on the gremlins. I haven't ruled that out either!
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symeon wrote:
Thanks. It may be related to the keyboard. I've discovered that the same programs being altered when playing the keys do not become altered when the notes are activated from a sequenced midi file and no use of the keyboard is required. It could be related to the after touch feature sending a skewed signal.

Lol on the gremlins. I haven't ruled that out either!

It's most likely dust related, static discharge (static electricity) affecting MIDI voltage..
Although, for me sound dropping doesn't happen often Im going to take my own advice here and give my volume fader a good clean

and, try not to feed the little buggers after midnight. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: