Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monophonic??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westikle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Monophonic?? Reply with quote

This is something I've noticed on iMS-20, but thought it would apply to all MS-20's. I understand the whole monophonic thing, but sometimes when I'm running through some presets, I find sounds that can only be triggered once. As in, if I keep one key held down, pressing any other key does nothing. No transition to the new note with or without portamento, nothing. I've tried to compare the settings vs others and can't find any reason for some settings behaving this way. I'm new to this device though so it may be the simplest thing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Wes
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The envelopes only retrigger when you release a note and play a new one. By default EG 2 is wired to the VCA. The issue you are having is likely with patches where the envelope has completed its cycle fairly quickly so playing additional notes without releasing the first does nothing.

Try playing with EG 2 Sustain Level and EG 2 Decay Time for starters. Other patch panel settings may override this behavior so this is just one possible cause.
zyko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But shouldn't the OSCs still react to the pitch-change?

What comes to my mind is "order of notes" or whatever it's called. From my experiences only higher notes are played when a key is held, lower notes not. Did you try playing a higher and a lower note than the key you are holding down?
Steinberger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an ADSR problem for sure. Try A=0, D=whatever,S=10,R=5-10.

Pay attention to the patch bay and look for cabling that would interrupt the default signal path causing this behavior. Remove cables as needed until you see what's happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: