Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to sync Electribe 2 Sampler with Ableton via USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colulizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: How to sync Electribe 2 Sampler with Ableton via USB Reply with quote

My problem is that i can't seem to get the Electribe to play when using external USB as the clock, and I am not sure what I've missed.

What i want is for the selected pattern to play when i hit play in Ableton

I have conneced the ES2 via USB. Ableton has identified it.

On the electribe:
Global Parameters> Clock mode> External USB

In Ableton
MIdi sync > midi ports> Output: electribe sampler> Track off, sync on, remote off

i hit play on Ableton nothing happens.
So i hit play on the electribe, and the button turns solid blue. Hit play on Abletone... no sound
So i hit play again on the electribe and the button flashes blue. I press playon Ableton and nothing happens.
This is with midi clock type as both "song" and "pattern" and the port type as MME (when choosing direct music the electribe option writing in Ableton turns red, so looks bad)

If i disable the external USB and choose some other option and hit play i get sweet music (or music anyway).

The settings in ableton are the same as i use for TB-3 and this syncs fine.

What have I missed. The user guide and parameter guide are not clear for this part.
colulizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this up hoping someone can help.
The MIDI clock sync works fine, but unfortunately I'm limited in MIDI ports available and wanted to clock via USB.
I have some older synths I need the MIDI for.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn Remote on for the mid out port in Live.
colulizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:
Turn Remote on for the mid out port in Live.

Thanks. I have tried that also. The reason I thought it wasn't needed was because of this description of remote

"MIDI controllers with LEDs that reflect the status of mapped Live parameters.
MIDI controllers with motorized faders that reflect the status of mapped Live parameters."

Sync description is
"Activating Sync for a MIDI Output allows Live to send MIDI Clock signals.

This switch needs to be enabled for:

Synchronizing another computer running a sequencer to Live.
Synchronizing an external drum machine or groove box to Live.
Synchronizing the LFO and arpeggiator of an external synthesizer or MIDI controller (e.g.: AKAI MPK 49) to Live."

Which is kind of what I'm looking to do - just sync the clock of the ES2 but not control any of the parameters through live.

However, remote on also isn't working.
I am starting to suspect it may be a USB issue (as my APC is starting to f*** up as well now, which it hasn't before) so i'll maybe try disconnecting other USB stuff except the ES2.
eldaddio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB is an odd beast.. Sometimes just changing to another USB cable is enough to solve the issue, although I guess you've already tried that.

Hope you get it fixed soon.
mikejarod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sync via midi works fine here, but that wasnt your question. I would like to use USB as well but I think it works even worse for me than for the TS. When I attach USB Windows says it installs "Electribe 2 Sampler" (I also installed the driver from the Korg website) but I don't see any additional midi ports in Ableton Live.
horisonten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, but now that we are discussing the USB-sync I should be able to dig even deeper into your question.
I have managed to sync the electribe to ableton, no problems.

But now for my question.
I can't figure out how to use the Electribe Sampler 2 to send it's recieved sync out from the Midi Out to external gear while using the Usb-sync from Ableton.
Should of course work right?
vitorendo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did you sort it out?

I just got my es2 and I'm also having problems to connect it to ableton via usb.

The only thing I need is to have the audio coming from es2 in ableton, I don't want to control any parameters.
Everything looks ok, ableton recognizes the es2, when I hit play the lights on es2 come ok, but no sound!
colulizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vitorendo wrote:
Hey, did you sort it out?

I just got my es2 and I'm also having problems to connect it to ableton via usb.

The only thing I need is to have the audio coming from es2 in ableton, I don't want to control any parameters.
Everything looks ok, ableton recognizes the es2, when I hit play the lights on es2 come ok, but no sound!

Sounds like you have a different problem to me. I don't have "the lights come on" when i hit play in Ableton. MIDI sync works OK so I'm using that for now.

Question for your issue (and apologies if it's a stupid one) - you are connecting an audio input from ES2 into your PC/ MAC/ soundcard? I don't think audio is carried on USB, so if you're trying that you may be out of luck.
vitorendo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I see.
I have cables connected to my soundcard, but for some reason it doesn't work.
I thought it might be related to the usb/midi, because when it's not connected/synced the sound comes ok.

But yes, it seems a different problem.
I'll check if I can solve this, otherwise I'll return it because I also have the recessed pads problem.

Thanks!
colulizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vitorendo wrote:
Hmm, I see.
I have cables connected to my soundcard, but for some reason it doesn't work.
I thought it might be related to the usb/midi, because when it's not connected/synced the sound comes ok.

But yes, it seems a different problem.
I'll check if I can solve this, otherwise I'll return it because I also have the recessed pads problem.

Thanks!

If you disable the USB clock and remove the USB cable, do you get sound into the sound card?
vitorendo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly!

For some reason the sound doesn't work only when the ES2 is connected via usb. Really weird issue.

I already asked for a replacement, once my pads also had a problem.
Velocybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: syncronize electribe s2 to ableton live Reply with quote

I have problem to sync my electribe s2 with ableton live. I was sync with usb clock mode in electribe and it's no problem with that, until used more than few minute and usb link stop working.. always happen.. Crying or Very sad but if I disconnect the usb plug cable and connect it again, electribe will working again.. but the trouble is usb link stop working again and it's so disturbing my live performance Crying or Very sad what I supposed to do Crying or Very sad

I was try midi cable and midi sync mode in alectribe with soundcard to sync ableton live, but the electribe is not working.

I just set usb or midi sync mode in electribe s2 and still plug the cable from electribe sync out to another device clock. Rolling Eyes ?? I think no problem with that.

or the problem is my usb cable? I have to buy good quality usb cable??
and how can I use midi cable to syncronize clock and send midi data Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: