Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major clearance - back to minimal equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Major clearance - back to minimal equipment Reply with quote

I got myself bogged down with unnecessary gear, so I've had a serious clean out and sold off most of my equipment - I'm even breaking up my 18U Eurorack Modular and selling it - I just don't have time for it anymore.

But the temptation to buy this was just too great Wink

It's still an amazing synth considering it's age. This one was very cheap @ £449, mint condition and had still not been upgraded to V2.

I think I may have found the perfect compliment to the Kronos.

Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a good buy there,snap them up whilst they are still cheap,the original model cost almost 2k to buy new, the GT and XTs prices have rocketed recently,but you can still snap up an original keyboard model for sub £500-600,which is well worth it but I suspect that won't last and they will creep up the same as the other models,I can't believe the original V Model is almost 12 years old now but still a relevant synth today and a great addition to any synth setup,Certainly a Gem in the Roland Camp.

The V-synth is in a class of its own one of the Few Roland devices that have stayed in my setup,I have all three versions of the V-synth series,will never sell any of them,they can sound very analog for a digital,the GT model lost a little of the hands on interface that the XT and original had for editing and lost a lot of the Knobs for realtime editing that the original V synth has,its still the same system but dual engine makes its a bit tedious.

I do wish Roland would expand the V-Synth series in the future,I'd like to see a larger user sample area and the possibilities of the engine taken further,some of the COSM effects are brilliant,and the D50 on the XT I love to death,just wish they would have built it into the GT model as well,a larger polyphony count would be greatly welcomed too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: