Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixer for CV- and audio-signals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zyko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mixer for CV- and audio-signals Reply with quote

Hello Everyone! Smile

I am relativly new to analog and (semi-)modular synthesis, so please bare with me if my questions seem stupid. Confused Smile

For a certain patch I'd like to create with the MS-20m and an MS-50, I need to mix audio-signals at several points and take the mixed signal for further processing. I used up all the inputs on the "Adding Amp" on the MS-50 already, so I am looking for a small device or several small devices that offer a mixer with 3-4 input-channels. Ideally it would be capable of mixing audio- aswell as CV-signals, just like the "Adding Amp" on the MS-50 does. Can I use the junctions for simple 1:1 signal-mixing? I tried it out quickly, by patching the signal-outs from the MS-50 and the MS-20 to a junction and then from there I went into my main amp. It seemed to work, although the audio-signal was much lower in volume than when using the "Adding Amp". Here I am stuck with a few questions: is it "safe" to do that? What if I add a 3rd audio-signal? Could it break anything in the devices? And what exactly happens to the signals? Can somebody explain?
Anyway, that would be only a cheap, temporary solution. So back to the initial topic, I guess I will need one (or more) small signal-mixers. For future purposes it should be something which can handle audio- and cv-signals.
Would this thing be capable of doing the job?
http://www.soundsationmusic.com/?p=26867#bodytab2-tab
(change language to english if you don't understand italian)
This thing is describe as audio-mixer, can I use it also to mix CV-signals?

The other thing I found is this:
http://beatnic.jp/products/mixer/
(change language to english if you don't understand japanese Rolling Eyes )
This supports CV-signals aswell as audio-, but it's double the price as the first example and I would need to import it from japan...

Or do you know about other similar-sized devices? Also, I am open to any other ideas/suggestions, maybe I am overlooking something and there's an easier way to mix signals? Maybe really the junctions? Rolling Eyes

I would appreciate any answers Smile
Regards
Z.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: