Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA600 doesn't work after update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen this before.

Don´t worry about the upgrade - i prefer the factory reset version and with my PA600 there were absolutely no problems.

Hope you get it back to wsoon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Opit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
I had a problem with my Pa600.
After successful update crash and never boot up again, took them over 100 days to repair under warranty.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=613591&highlight=#613591
They replaced Main CPU, which after open case was part# is GRL0102176 not GRA0002178.
Part # GRA0002178 is original KORG Main Board PA600.
Part # GRL0102176 is Main Board use on PA600 QT.
They put back to my Pa600 board GRL0102176, I have written confirmation.
Next time I will try do update, most likely going to happen again, but now I have all documentations, already in folder in my Attorney office,.... if something happen I will fight hard to prove them wrong.
So far Korg is working OK, I wish nothing never happen, but who knows. Rolling Eyes

If is already not under warranty, try check which CPU board you have installed, is just the hint. Cool

You are genius !
I've cracked open my keyboard and look what I've found, CPU Board from Pa600QT !!
Are you serious Korg ??
No wonder why firmware update failed !
My keyboard is no longer under warranty, we'll see how Korg UK gonna deal with this.
It wasn't my fault, it wasn't hardware malfunction either.

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opit wrote:
Nemik wrote:
I had a problem with my Pa600.
After successful update crash and never boot up again, took them over 100 days to repair under warranty.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=613591&highlight=#613591
They replaced Main CPU, which after open case was part# is GRL0102176 not GRA0002178.
Part # GRA0002178 is original KORG Main Board PA600.
Part # GRL0102176 is Main Board use on PA600 QT.
They put back to my Pa600 board GRL0102176, I have written confirmation.
Next time I will try do update, most likely going to happen again, but now I have all documentations, already in folder in my Attorney office,.... if something happen I will fight hard to prove them wrong.
So far Korg is working OK, I wish nothing never happen, but who knows. Rolling Eyes

If is already not under warranty, try check which CPU board you have installed, is just the hint. Cool

You are genius !
I've cracked open my keyboard and look what I've found, CPU Board from Pa600QT !!
Are you serious Korg ??
No wonder why firmware update failed !
My keyboard is no longer under warranty, we'll see how Korg UK gonna deal with this.
It wasn't my fault, it wasn't hardware malfunction either.

That's suposse to be in category Recalled.
Korg should track all units have wrong parts and replace them, at least for people already run into update problem.
That's only ensemble issue, manufacturing mistake, cover by liability insurance.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I spoke with few korg technicians, they confirmed, service manual showing Korg Pa600 has board GRA 0002178 CPU .
Very easy to prove. Wink
Shocked
Performers Heaven
Opit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
BTW, I spoke with few korg technicians, they confirmed, service manual showing Korg Pa600 has board GRA 0002178 CPU .
Very easy to prove. Wink
Shocked

Still, it looks like I gonna have to purchase new CPU Board from them. Asking price is 245.56 Pounds (bit over 300 euro).
Polish dealer said "Your keyboard is out of warranty so we don't care about it anymore" and Korg UK was not very helpful either.
I've got couple emails from them this morning:

1. "Wow, that’s an odd one. Unfortunately it does very much look like a hardware fault, software changes should never cause anything like this.

There isn’t much we suggest as fix, especially if the key combinations to start the OS update/factory reset are no longer recognised."

After first email a took this keyboard apart and sent all pictures back to them showing that my Pa600 has CPU Board from Pa600 QT and that's why firmware update failed.
After that I've received another email from Korg UK

2. "Many thanks for the email.

I have discussed this with my colleague, our Korg Brand Manager, and he advised he has not heard of this issue before. Certainly I’ve not have the issue myself in the UK.

With regards to a replacement board, to obtain one free-of-charge you will need to discuss this with the company who sold your friend the keyboard in Poland. We look after the UK and Ireland, and support products bought from our appointed dealers in those territories, hence we are not able to provide it free."

IMO Korg should deal with that no mattery where it was purchased from, they can track it down by its serial number.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst of your issue is replace for whatever is now.
Then you in same point like before, afraid to do update.
Cpu for pa600qt cost more .
Sorry for you, I know the feeling, been there.
Performers Heaven
Opit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the question is - should I get the same CPU Board which is in there right now (Pa600QT model) or should I get genuine Pa600 board ?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opit wrote:
Now the question is - should I get the same CPU Board which is in there right now (Pa600QT model) or should I get genuine Pa600 board ?

You need get service manual and check if other parts is same as pa600.
The best is if you got professional option, if someone troubleshoot your machine, maybe is not cpu.
In my was completely not booting, had stuck on korg logo.
Performers Heaven
Opit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other parts are Pa600 that's for sure.
Main Board KIP-2178_3 proper Pa600 main board
CPU Board KIP-2176_4 (QT model), were probably should be KIP-2178_4 (none QT model)

Opit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nemik.
You was wrong about part number.
Pa600
Main Board (big one) - GRA0002178
CPU Board (small one) - GRL0002176

How I know that ?
First of all I've ordered GRA0002178 from Korg UK (174 pounds shipped) thinking that this will be CPU Board.
Package arrived this morning with Main Board inside.

I contacted with them straight away and then they explained me what is what etc.
They sent me this diagram by email

Now I need to place another order with them tomorrow for proper CPU Board and return the Main Board for refund.

Still both, you and me, we've CPU Board from Pa600QT in our Pa600 GRL0102176 which is wrong !
Even above diagram says that.
Apple Logic Pro X
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Opit.
check your PM.
Performers Heaven
Opit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, It cost me 294 euro but ......

It took me 2 minutes to replace the CPU board

Korg Pa600 is back to life !
I'm so happy

Apple Logic Pro X
jobalfred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: please suggest me where to place the order for this motherB Reply with quote

I am from INDIA. my korg pa600 is in dead state. there is no warranty for it now. I sorted that there is a complaint with mother board GRA0002178. Pleas suggest me any site to order it online...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: please suggest me where to place the order for this moth Reply with quote

jobalfred wrote:
I am from INDIA. my korg pa600 is in dead state. there is no warranty for it now. I sorted that there is a complaint with mother board GRA0002178. Pleas suggest me any site to order it online...

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-pa600-main-board-gra0002178
Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA600 doesn't work after update Reply with quote

Opit wrote:
Hi guys.

This morning I've updated my Korg PA600 to firmware V1.20 (System Update)
downloaded from http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/90/
Update process went perfectly fine, I've got update complete please turn off the keyboard message on the display however after restart Korg failed to work properly.
All I can see now is this Shocked

Keyboard is not responding to any keys and I cannot get into the system update to perform Factory Reset (also downloaded from Korg website).
It seems that PA600 is not registering me pressing INTRO 1 together with Power button.
I've also tried numbers of power cycles, I've taked out the clock battery for 30 minutes, tried INTRO 2 and 3 as well, no luck.

Is there any one who come across this issue befor ?
Please help.

I uploaded the video to Youtube just to show you how this issue looks like right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAR3sb5dO-0

Hahahhaha,
Your pa600 thought it was a pa300 (smaller and reversed screen)
Are you sure you haven't tinkered with the os files before updating? Wink
You can also revive the old CPU board now that you have the new one..
Just install the old one and boot directly to update using intro 1
It will work now..It didn't worked before because the system thought it was a pa300 for some way and uploaded the pa300 panelboard file to the panelboard (pa300 has different keys) so after that it didn't worked..
Tha panelboard file is uploaded after normal boot so it will work with the correct one if you go directly into update at the 1st bootup after putting back the old cpu board again...At least this worked on my pa800...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: