Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gracie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: PA300 Reply with quote

I just purchased the PA300. I bought this to replace my stage piano since I need something portable to take in and out twice a week.

When I plug the PA300 into the sound board, I lose the ability to hear the internal speakers. It only has one output labeled "Phones/Audio Output". There is no option in gobal settings to turn on the speakers when connected to line output.

I depend on my internal speakers as a monitor so I can hear my instrument in conjunction with the guitar players. Is there any option I am overlooking? Looks like I will have to buy a small mixer (?) and monitor to lug around to play. Plug my piano into the mixer along with a monitor and run that to the sound board?

If so I'll have to return it and stick with my stage piano. It's 50 pounds but i can hear internal speakers when plugged into the sound board.

Any help is appreciated. I like the sounds i get from the PA300.
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On pa600 you can do that, but on pa300 seems that is no option for on/off speakers Sad
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you maybe bought the wrong one.
If you Need to do this you´ve to buy at Minimum the PA600.
Maybe you can Change it at your dealer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gracie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the 300 and 600 have the same sounds?
tacman7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots of ways to hear yourself, I wouldn't think you could hear the keyboard speakers in a live situation...

A cheap guitar amp pointed in your direction or some low end monitors would beat the speakers in the keyboard...

But whatever works.
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA600 have some better sounds called DNC("dynamic nuance control" if im not mistaken). They are more realistic, and u have 96 MB of spaces for your own samples too. If u dont like factory sounds, you can import new KMPs with the sounds that you like, from another Korg keyboards or even Yamaha (if u convert them) like sax, strings, etc.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie wrote:
looks like the 300 and 600 have the same sounds?

I've checked both PA300 manuals and neither one lists the PA300's multisamples. So there is no good way to determine this without having the keyboard in front of you. The Pa600 has 560 instrumental ROM samples and 1012 Drum samples.

In the specs the PA600 & PA300 are both listed as having "more than 950 sounds" ... not sure what you can make of that as the PA600 actually has 1572 by my count. I guess it depends on whether you count sound storage locations or ROM samples. Each 'sound' can be programmed with up to 24 Oscillators on both the PA300 and PA600

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto wrote:
PA600 have some better sounds called DNC("dynamic nuance control" if im not mistaken). They are more realistic, and u have 96 MB of spaces for your own samples too. If u dont like factory sounds, you can import new KMPs with the sounds that you like, from another Korg keyboards or even Yamaha (if u convert them) like sax, strings, etc.

It's interesting that the PA300 User Manual refers to DNC sounds 3 times, but doesn't list any in the Factory sounds. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the pa300 manual is actually the pa600 manual with small modifications. And they didnt clean it enough Very Happy
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto wrote:
I think the pa300 manual is actually the pa600 manual with small modifications. And they didnt clean it enough Very Happy

I agree. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Gracie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacman7 wrote:
There's lots of ways to hear yourself, I wouldn't think you could hear the keyboard speakers in a live situation...

A cheap guitar amp pointed in your direction or some low end monitors would beat the speakers in the keyboard...

But whatever works.

I'm in the back furthest from the one monitor we have and behind all speakers. I dont want to have to buy and carry an extra monitor with me. I hear the internal speakers on my stage piano just fine but if i turn them off i can hardly hear the keys. I lug all this in and out to play twice a week. My stage piano is 50 pounds and my monitor is used by the guitar and singers and its heavy too. Probably 40 lbs. Honestly, its too much for me to carry in and out as a female. Thats why i am looking for a lighter keyboard. Looks like the pa600 is what i need. It has seperate outputs and can play the onboard speakers when hooked to sound board.

Thank you all.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie wrote:
tacman7 wrote:

But whatever works.

I'm in the back furthest from the one monitor we have and behind all speakers. I dont want to have to buy and carry an extra monitor with me. I hear the internal speakers on my stage piano just fine but if i turn them off i can hardly hear the keys. I lug all this in and out to play twice a week. My stage piano is 50 pounds and my monitor is used by the guitar and singers and its heavy too. Probably 40 lbs. Honestly, its too much for me to carry in and out as a female. Thats why i am looking for a lighter keyboard. Looks like the pa600 is what i need. It has seperate outputs and can play the onboard speakers when hooked to sound board.

Thank you all.

Pa600 has also Audio input allow you to connect extra keyboard and use Pa600 speakers as monitor, in case you ever need it . Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: