Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: What do you use? Reply with quote

I'm searching for a good multiband compressor to use in my Cubase 7.5 Artist program. The full blown version has a 4 bamd that apparently works well but I've got the lessor version so the compressor didn't come with it.
I'm looking to see what other people use and why.

Thanks!
Jeremykeys
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limiter no6 is free and quite good, it won a contest over at KVR forums. It's a multiband limiter but can do essentially the same jobs.

Personally I use FabFilter Pro-MB most when I need that kind of plug in. I'm in love with their ergonomics but you could probably mostly the same with Limiter no6.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at that one. Unfortunately, since I updated my computer to windows 10 I didn't know that my Kaspersky anti virus software wasn't working. I ended up catching the Crossbrowser virus and have been spending a lot of time cleaning my computer. My other computer is my music one and it rarely if ever goes online and it has no virus protection at all. Cubase runs better that way for me. Usually what I do is download something; a Korg Library for example; on my online computer and then transfer it to my music computer with a USB stick. Right now I'm not going to do that until I am absolutely sure my computer is clean. Fortunately my wife also has a computer.
BEware of the Crossbrowser virus.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks! I hope it's all better now...
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I've gotten rid if most of the infection but there still is something in the apps section called Browserair that won't uninstall. It wasn't an expensive computer. I bought a refurbished one for $175 just for Internet use after my very very old one died. If I can't get this one cleaned up completely, I may have to get another.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try malwarebytes anti malware? Even the free version should be able to get rid of malicious programs. Windows' built in anti virus is also pretty decent against viruses.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it looks like I've gotten rid of everything. I'm just going to do a few more scans just to be safe.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turns out that I was wrong. I didn't get rid of everything. Almost though. The biggest problem however is that Windows 10 is incompatible with my Kaspersky anti virus software. Since my wife and I bought this software and have it for 2 mores years at least, I'm stuck. Last weekend I bought a refurbished computer that runs Windows 7. I can load Kaspersky onto it and all will be back to normal. Except of course I have a spare computer. Fortunately the latest one was cheap. I only use of for surfing, emails and things like that.
There is a supposed patch for windows 10 and Kaspersky. Doesn't work though.
We're going to hook up the newer one and cross our fingers.
I tried to download windows 7 from microsoft using my product key but they try to make us jump through way too many hoops.
Windows 10 can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Microsoft should never have not left us with the option to return to our old O.S. with only a month to decide.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft Security Essentials works pretty well for me (on Win7) and presumably does well on Win10 too.
And MalwareBytes Anti Malware (free) is good for removing malware.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the new computer now. It was just easier after all the time I spent on the other one. When I have time, next century, Wink I'll play with it and fiture out how to get rid of windows 10 or maybe by then that will be the latest OS supported. I'm fine right now though.
Besides, I'd much rather be writing music than messing around with a computer problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: