Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sq1 and monotribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PB21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: sq1 and monotribe Reply with quote

Hi I currently have my SQ1 connected to my MS20 mini as per the Korg instruction and works perfectly.

I would like to have the A part for the ms20 mini and the B part for the monotribe.

I have a split out cable and the monotribe in CV mode with 1 on, 2 on and step 3 on in cv setup mode.

However when i play the SQ1 the monotribe sounds but has no pitch variation, it also is responding what appears to be output A to despite being connected to B cv/gate.

Some assistance would be appreciated as the SQ1 has opened up the ms20 nicely.

I only found 1 video of the sq1 controlling the Monotribe and it doesnt5 say in the Korg SQ1 FAQ how to set it up with the monotribe.

regards
rotallicso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verify the cable works at the MT by taking the Gate and Keys out from the 20 direct to the MT - ensure you're sure what is the gate and what is pitch, it'll help you ascertain the polarity is right and that the Hz/v is set right on MT - if not make sure you calibrate teh MT with reference voltages from the 20 - then try again
many modes are just mirroring A to B so check you have what you expect on SQ1
drive the sq1 with the MT sync/clock to keep them together
PB21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: CV Tune with SQ1 Reply with quote

I made a new cable and now I have control of pitch and note value. How do I calibrate the monotribe with the SQ1 as the cv setup wants me to play note C4?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: