Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Freeze
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Screen Freeze Reply with quote

I started to have a problem from time to time with my touch screen.
The screen will freeze up where I cannot select anything anymore.
It happens all of a sudden. Randomly. I have to turn off and on the unit to get it to work again.
Did anybody else experienced this problem. If yes is there a solution?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it occasionally on my PA600. Usually after it has been on for some time with the volume down and accidentally has a style playing. Probably a memory leak issue. When I turn up the volume I can hear the style playing but can't control the machine. Even SHIFT START/STOP (Panic control) doesn't work. I have to power down and reload. I'm sure there is quite a bit of common code between the PA900 and the PA600. Do you have the auto-off disabled?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, because of this issue, I always cycle power before starting a record session. Just in case. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Snorkum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Auto Power-off is on.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
My Auto Power-off is on.

Do you have any sense of what might trigger the issue? Mine seems to be running a style for an extended period.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Snorkum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not. However I will pay a little bit more attention since I know that this might be an issue. Quite frankly, I don't even know what I did or how long I waited to do something on the keyboard.
If it should happen again the next time I might be able to give you a more detailed answer.
natasha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Thoraldus"]By the way, because of this issue, I always cycle power before starting a record session. Just in case. Wink[/quote]

What's cycle power? I'm getting a lot of freezing these days too Sad
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natasha wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
By the way, because of this issue, I always cycle power before starting a record session. Just in case. Wink

What's cycle power? I'm getting a lot of freezing these days too Sad

"Cycle Power" = Turn power Off then On

Johann Sebastian Bach

Swapnanil Sinha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Alot of System freeze in my pa 900 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've noticed this problem of system freeze several times of my 4 month old pa 900 in which the whole os stops functioning i cant even power down without disconnecting the main ac power input.
Sometimes it happens if i connect a usb drive.
I don't know how to fix this and the system doesn't even restart on holding down the power button.
Need some suggestions.😀 Sad
Ex: Yamaha PSR S900,
Snorkum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had this problem again ever since I started this thread.
I did notice so, when I import a style from the PA3X and select it, sometimes the cursor starts blinking and I cannot select another style or anything else. However, there is a solution for this. After you select the style, immediately safe it in PA900 form. Then work wwork with it. Ever since I do this I have not had a problem again.
Hope this helps.
koalabearrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: screen freeze Reply with quote

I have this problem with my PA3X when in sequence mode. Having to switch off and back on in order to clear it has corrupted a midi file I was working on at the time. What would be a really useful upgrade to the O S would be an auto save function like MS Word has. You can then focus on creating, knowing that your work is being saved at regular intervals.
JimmyJ007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Screen Freeze Reply with quote

I received my keyboard less than a month ago and this has happened to me already a few times. Hopefully, an update will take care of this. But what I have found has worked for me to unfreeze it is to press the EXIT button right next to the lower right hand corner of the screen. That has worked each time for me.
koalabearrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exit button does not do anything for me when I have a screen freeze. You are very lucky. I think that the fact that many people seem to have very similar problems when it comes to screen freeze's. maybe this is something that Korg is aware of but are sweeping it under the carpet? H seems strange how we are hearing cases of this with no obvious culprit but the os? Even with latest 0S I still have this problem.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem a while back with my Pa900 ... I e-mailed and eventually spoke with KORG USA Customer Service and we tried a number of things and finally decided that perhaps the USB I was using had some 'corrupted' files or files the Pa900 just did not like ... I got a new USB, formatted it on the Pa900, and use it only for kb related files - styles, mp3, midi, etc. ...
Most recently I experienced a similar situation after using some files I had D/L ... the only option was to power Off/On ... of course I could not tolerate this in a 'live' playing situation, so I deleted those styles ...
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that these machines (300/600/900/3xle and maybe 4x too) don't like some usb sticks...My pa300 can't read some specific usbs at all while they work perfect on my older pa800, the same ones don't work on pa600 and 3xle i tried them on too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: