Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have Korg now abandoned the electribe?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyTed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Have Korg now abandoned the electribe? Reply with quote

I mean, when was the last update? Do you think we'll see another? James Pullen said when the hack came out that they were in the middle of a release. Where is it then?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took about 6 months for the last one. If i were me, and i am, i'd get on with making music on mine and anything more we get is a bonus.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
Took about 6 months for the last one. If i were me, and i am, i'd get on with making music on mine and anything more we get is a bonus.

Where's the fun in that eh? Laughing

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:

Wait, so you're saying I should be doing some other than staring at this forum and hitting refresh 24/7?!
thesigma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they've gone back to the drawing board to work on the Electribe 3.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we were going to take you kids to Disneyland, but you spent the last 3 weeks telling us we're mean parents.

Self-fulfilling prophecy self-fulfills, film at 11.
HappyTed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it had MIDI Thru though
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:

I hope that's not the case. I don't want to spend anymore money.

Personally I am very happy with what I have. But since the units were designed to be customized via firmware updates, it would be really nice if Korg just makes the OS open sourced so other can make even better firmware.

As far as James Pullens comments during "Hack-Gate", that was all bullshit. I really don't believe Korg was all that mad or even had anything new for us. Seriously, Korgs going to get mad and take away our toys? Punish customers for "bad behavior"? Really?

It's obvious that Pullen is very passionate about this tool. However, he went overboard making up rubbish like that.

So, "NO" Korg didn't have anything to release that day. Plus, Korg doesn't give a s**t if you take a risk on "bricking" your machine to have your cake and eat it too.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
So, "NO" Korg didn't have anything to release that day. Plus, Korg doesn't give a s**t if you take a risk on "bricking" your machine to have your cake and eat it too.

Too true, Malibu..

As for Electribe 3, sign me up. Maybe we'll get a true upgrade this time, and the flashing LED's will get dropped off with the toobs at the little kid's table.
thesigma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
thesigma wrote:

I hope that's not the case. I don't want to spend anymore money.

Personally I am very happy with what I have. But since the units were designed to be customized via firmware updates, it would be really nice if Korg just makes the OS open sourced so other can make even better firmware.

As far as James Pullens comments during "Hack-Gate", that was all bullshit. I really don't believe Korg was all that mad or even had anything new for us. Seriously, Korgs going to get mad and take away our toys? Punish customers for "bad behavior"? Really?

It's obvious that Pullen is very passionate about this tool. However, he went overboard making up rubbish like that.

I'm happy with what I have too, EMX and ESX.

Didn't James pulled pretty much ditch the E2 and go back to the EMX?

Though honestly for all you E2 users I sincerely do hope that they give you a couple more updates. If they do good enough I might even get one.....
Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
Frenzies wrote:

Wait, so you're saying I should be doing some other than staring at this forum and hitting refresh 24/7?!

If you have more than one Interwebs connected thingy you can keep that open on the forum so you never need to miss a thing.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

Pygmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Well, we were going to take you kids to Disneyland, but you spent the last 3 weeks telling us we're mean parents.

Self-fulfilling prophecy self-fulfills, film at 11.

It's more like "We used to take you to Disneyland but now we're going to take you to the Creation Museum! What, you don't like that? Well then we're not going to do anything at all!" to be honest.

With the E2 they took away a lot of the functionality that made the old 'Tribes great.
It's not strange or stupid or unwarranted for people to complain about that.
Had they given it another name, soit, but if you call it the "2" people are going to compare it to the previous version.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Korg, it's actually just called electribe and electribe sampler, they don't call it 2.

blackholesun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also been features added that makes it better than the original 'tribes in my opinion.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackholesun wrote:
There's also been features added that makes it better than the original 'tribes in my opinion.

+1 to that.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: