Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interchangeability of Triton Classic series PCG files?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindriderMetal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Interchangeability of Triton Classic series PCG files? Reply with quote

Hello!

This question isn't specifically about the Classic, but I thought this would be the best place to post it.

When I play live, on my band's tech rider for each show we have the line 1 x KORG Triton series keyboard, which I use just to play a few synth pad / choirs, for interludes between songs. I know I could use virtually any keyboard for this simple job, but we spec Korg Tritons because I know how the interface works and I can very quickly create the patches I need and save them into the right place, without spending any time messing about and experimenting with stuff.
However, I would like to make it even faster to get my sounds ready for each show, and so I'd like to have the PCG files ready and with me. I own a Triton Extreme so I already have the PCG ready on a USB drive in the event that I get an Extreme, but (as far as I know?) that's the only keyboard in the series that has a USB port. I also own a Triton Rack, so I could make the PCG and have it on a floppy disk... but I'm obviously not going to get a Triton Rack onstage as it's not a keyboard.

My question is, will a PCG file created with a Triton Rack give me exactly the same patches on every other Triton series keyboard (LE, Studio, Karma, TR)? I don't have all of these keyboards so I can't try it for myself, but if this is the case, I can just carry around the same PCG file on a USB, floppy, and a CF card, and then I'm always prepared.

Hopefully somebody has some (or all) of these keyboards and can answer my question!

Cheers,
Elliot

Gear I use:

Korg Kross / Korg X50 / Korg Triton Extreme / M-Audio Axiom / Roland AX7 / Studiologic SL-990 Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: