Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X - LOG GENUINE SUSPECTED PROBLEMS HERE PLEASE...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konficyus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Bugs in multi selection Reply with quote

There is a bug in OS 1.2.1;
Multi selection is some times not working when multiselect for Erase or copy in sound,style or performance banks . There is some possibilities if exit of operations (Copy,Erase etc.) then select some bank ,repeat multi select operation.
Sovereign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I''m still on 1.1.3, this happens in the style editor.

While recording tracks (bass, drums, etc.) set to four measures, suddenly everything is gone and the style recorder is set to 2/2. I'm not sure which chain of events causes this, but it happens when you're either recording, deleting, muting or selecting tracks.

And the style editor is archaic, especially the step editor. You can't even see what is already recorded. My Technics KN7000 has a way better style composer.
Sovereign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated to the latest OS and the problems I mentioned are still there and even worse. This is just getting frustrating.

When recording for example the bass, and then switching to a different track to record the guitar, the bass which was playing fine and on measure now suddenly lags behind tempo. Switch back to the bass and it is now the guitar which starts lagging.

Deleting tracks and recording them anew results (after a while) in the whole style just disappearing, with rec length and cv length suddenly back at 2 measures whereas i had them set to four. Poof, and it is gone.

I challenge anyone at Korg to sit 30 minutes with the style editor to create a new style from scratch and not encounter these problems.

Sigh.
konficyus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Very important ;User styles sound s going to deterioration! Reply with quote

Yesss.. Deterioration in style sound when playing live style performance. İts random happening.For example : User Style (Using to User Set) is running there isnt any touch to any switch or note keyboard. İts happening self it self. Its return normal styel sound when select manufacturer style then select user style again. We are remain problem in manufacturer stye also

This event very important its realy big problem. Korg must have to find solution for this problem.
konficyus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Just a question;
Why userdk not editable in user sound??? Note :Ihavebeen import my set from my pa3X. I dint encrypt userdk or user styl. Its one other bug or not ?
jac38

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: both USB reader ports Reply with quote

Hi. I got the 1.3 OS and did the first updatebut can not now. As I been reading there are other with the same problem, or close. One person describe reading problem with his SD card. I can not do any OS upgrade as nothing is accepted in either of the two USB ports. Getting the text that a USB is loaded and will be avalible soon and then it just isnt there in the menu. I tried two different USB memory and a portable HD, and its the same.

Hardware problem seems veird as both ports not work and it did when it was new. Can not find any way to upgrade the OS and getting it fixed at Korg is not an option, as I live on a small island in Thailand, but bought it in Sweden...

Can I do a factory reset that maybe can fix this or any other way to make the upgrade of OS anyone can think of. To me this sounds like a OS issue related problem and not that suddely some problems happens to a lot of users with their new keyboard...

Regards
Jacob
mstodola

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would at least try to do a full reset but do a backup if you can to the hard drive if you have one.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reporting some PA4X "bugs" that still exists in OS 1.2.1:

1) When I overwright songs in PA4X's songbook the codes of deleted songs are not available until I reboot!!!
2) In PA4X's songbook it's not possible to change a style in a song, but if I use the songbook editor to select another style the track settings like track volumes are not correct after I reload it in the instrument!!
3) When I am in songbook's virtual numeric keypad menu the STSs are not working!!!

That's for now...

Regards,
Dimitris Very Happy
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also, last week I had a strange problem!! In gigs I use only one of the main outputs but, last time no one of the main outputs (R-L) was working!! All the other outputs were working (output1-2-headphones). After a lot of thinking I finally tried to use both main outputs (stereo) and the problem solved!! Now it is working again...!!! I don't know what went wrong...
Shocked Shocked Shocked
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problem with other keyboards. Usually it's a flaky cable. Intermittent cables are sometimes hard to track down.
stelibo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
I am reporting some PA4X "bugs" that still exists in OS 1.2.1:

1) When I overwright songs in PA4X's songbook the codes of deleted songs are not available until I reboot!!!
2) In PA4X's songbook it's not possible to change a style in a song, but if I use the songbook editor to select another style the track settings like track volumes are not correct after I reload it in the instrument!!
3) When I am in songbook's virtual numeric keypad menu the STSs are not working!!!

That's for now...

Regards,
Dimitris Very Happy

I use KORG PA series more than 10 years (PA1X PRO, PA2X PRO, PA3X PRO and now PA4X PRO). Even earlier, using ROLAND, I always used their most powerful option - Song Book. This is the first time that the Song Book options are limited, and this situation has stopped my live performances.

Even after 7 days I'm not able to use this keyboard, because there is no way to make a correction to an existing SongBook record (changing the style in the present case). My SongBook has over 1300 entries. The change of the style in the current record does not allow re-saving over the existing one. Instead, it provides an option for entering a New Song. Other solution should be entering the SongBook name into the NAME box, but it is not editable (except using tempo/value wheel). Moreover, search function does not work for this box.

Using the SongBook editor is not a solution because when I changed the new style, the settings (volume, efx etc) from the previous style are saved. It sounds terrible. These 7 days a horror to me.

PLEASE, I NEED AN URGENT FIX OF THE OS BUG.

This situation is presented at KORG forums 1 year ago, but still, there is no fix for the OS until now.

I use 1.2.4 OS and SongBook 2.0

here is the link of the video I made: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b6zwMeHD8_Yldra2hlSWZxOEE/view?usp=sharing

dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
I've had the same problem with other keyboards. Usually it's a flaky cable. Intermittent cables are sometimes hard to track down.

No, I use other cables I had with me but nothing happened!! It was a temporary audio cut by hardware until I used both audio outputs and somehow reset the system!!
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
''Current style settings'' seem to work while in songbook mode,but not working while I choose styles normally in style mode....Is it any locker I have to open, is it like that on purpose,or is it another bug?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder if there are any indication that Korg really read and care about these posts and then include fixing then in a later OS? There are 16 pages or complaines now and every new release, and not so many or often, when looking on what is new and fixed, is not seem to fix most of them. Or is it me just thinking this, but that is how it look to me?

I am one of the unlucky who got this problem with the Pa4x not is reading any USB stick or my inserted SD card. I can see the card but it say its empty. I red other owners talking to Korg and they claim not thier fault and I think that is shameful. There are way to many who got this problem to be owners who not are careful enought, as Korg say the reason and responobility. I cant fix it at all, as I live on a small island in Thailand, specially if not the garanti not include this. I also wonder when so many owner have this if its not possible to fix with the programming and not someting wrong as it not seem logic that both USB and SD reader brakes down at the same time...

Pa4X-76
Serial nr: 9001114
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jac

So sorry you are having these problems.
Even though you are on a small island you should be able (I hope) to contact the distributor for your country and get some guidance.
Korg USA/Japan/Italy would rely on their international country distributors to address hardware problems like yours.

Under your warranty you would definitely be entitled to have this fixed as it clearly seems like a genuine hardware problem.

Korg do read these forums but are under no obligation to take action at all as these forums are totally independent.
Fortunately we have had some great support from Korg Italy in the past. Those awesome guys are still there but their management structure has changed and they are no longer as "free" to respond in the same way (this is my understanding from their posts in recent months).

I can't speak for your country but I understand that there is a 3-year warranty on these keyboards.
I assume you have discussed this with your retailer too - they should definitely assist you.
Also, as an aside, I assume you have re-installed the OS and factory restore to at least eliminate anything going strange in that area.

I so wish I could help you but I am not associated with Korg in any way and can only comment on what I have read in the past in these forums.

I do hope you can get your problem resolved.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: