Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X - LOG GENUINE SUSPECTED PROBLEMS HERE PLEASE...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Jac

So sorry you are having these problems.
Even though you are on a small island you should be able (I hope) to contact the distributor for your country and get some guidance.
Korg USA/Japan/Italy would rely on their international country distributors to address hardware problems like yours.

Under your warranty you would definitely be entitled to have this fixed as it clearly seems like a genuine hardware problem.

I can't speak for your country but I understand that there is a 3-year warranty on these keyboards.
I assume you have discussed this with your retailer too - they should definitely assist you.
Also, as an aside, I assume you have re-installed the OS and factory restore to at least eliminate anything going strange in that area.

I so wish I could help you but I am not associated with Korg in any way and can only comment on what I have read in the past in these forums.

I do hope you can get your problem resolved.

Pete Very Happy

Thanks for you reply. There are factors that maight make it worse. It was not able to buy this in Thailand so I bought it in Sweden and then took it with me. It is stamp Italy on the serial label. And the retailer in Thailand is in Bangkok, about 1 hour away with a airplane. I think the actual document from buying it is in sweden but as the product not is 3 years maybe they will fix it...if I get it there...

Yes the problem has been with both the 121 and 124 OS and factory restore done.

Yes I realize that Korg have no obligation but it seems to be in their interest to read and solve things but there are problems reported on the Pa3X that now is the same on this model and still not be fixed and generally I think Korg seems to care very little for a group of buyers who buy their top quality and top price items, and should be of greater consern for them then it is, to help the group who most owners are those who work with this, but still not...

I would also like the idea that the whole Pa4X was on video tutorials and not just the basic for those who not have bought it. I would even buy it, if it excisted. The manual is only possiblel to learn from if you already are a musician, not if you want to be one....lol

Thanks again.
eli125

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Fortunately we have had some great support from Korg Italy in the past. Those awesome guys are still there but their management structure has changed and they are no longer as "free" to respond in the same way (this is my understanding from their posts in recent months).

Pete Very Happy
so what you say no more hope for bug free os streaming etc ? this is painful
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so what you say no more hope for bug free os

No I didn't say that - just that the management has changed.
We have already had several updates and I'm sure there'll be more.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
eli125

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pa4x is a great keyboard but still nead some updates and sample ram the tyros 5 hes 1gb and i wish some more for my pa4x
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be good o know if the PA4X is having an update developed.... and the current problems investigated.....
I'm not in any hurry for the fixes but am wondering if anything is happening...

P Very Happy
konficyus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Pa4x new bug at Os1.2.4 in Sound menu Reply with quote

No comment. Just watch
https://youtu.be/9z2FqoMoJeA

And oneother things;

And then;
Ihave been load my Pa3x set each sound,style and performance banks one by one to my Pa4x. Then very interestin things; sound quality decreased too low. Why?..I did check every menu (Global, SoundMax settings also keyboard sets etc.) I didnt found any different things. Then I wont compare pa3x and Pa800 sound quality(Max audio settings and mixer settings are same exactly) was exactly same!..
After; I did re install old OS. No changed..
I restored the keyboard later. Ohh its ok now.

Now comes the question;
I didnt load global. I didnt change any things. I Just loaded sounds , styles and performance banks one by one. Why sound quality decreased?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I find it very difficult to figure out exactly what you are doing on the video clip.
I can see that the screen appears locked but it is also difficult to see if it is still in "search mode" in which case it would need to be "stopped"
BUT, as I say, I can't really understand what you did before this etc to get to the locked state (if that's what it is)

Sorry - just trying to help...

Pete Very Happy
konficyus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete bro;
Yes youre right

My pax not return any results when I was searching in the sound menu. My keyboard was not respond. There isnt any result in aproxx 30-40min. All button /switch /screen not respond. Thats all.

This my fault ı things because I wrote "lock" in search mode Laughing What else did i expect? Undoubtedly, the result is that the complex is locked Rolling Eyes

And whats your comment for my other trouble (Sound quality)
Thanks for your reply
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: 1.2.4 Issues ! Reply with quote

Hello All

Here is what's happening as far is glitches/issues.

1.When in STYLE RECORD if you select one of the ACC tracks and select DRAWBAR ORGAN for a sound the keyboard will freeze and you have to turn it off and on again.

2. If you record a user style and select the desired sounds and kits. write the style, write the style setting and preferences, now turn off the keyboard and turn it back on, you will notice that you user style is available but with DEFAULT sounds and kits not the ones that the user selected and saved? even when you have ORIGINAL SOUND SET checked and saved. In order to solve this you would have to UNCHECK ORIGINAL SOUND SET and RECHECK again?

3. If you're at the KEYBOARD SET SELECT SCREEN you can not change slider mode? this was possible in PA3X.

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small SONGBOOK bug:-
If you have a text file linked to a songbook entry (I have many) and you want to simply remove the link - YOU CAN'T
The best you can do is change the text file.
When you press the Reset of the link it clears but when you write the change it goes back to the original link.

Not serious but thought I'd just mention it...

Pete Very Happy
I apologise and please ignore if this was fixed in 1.2.4 as I am still at 1.2.1
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is any adjustment for that or it's a bug,but on some Keyboard SET (performances/STS) there is no difference when switching type between ''poly'' or ''mono'' .
If the programs within the performance are mono they will sound mono in performance too,no matter if you change them to poly in the performance.
Same thing in case programs are in poly mode,but Osc's in pitch page have portamento enabled.

Is there any suggestion for that? Am I doing something wrong?
Also,in performance mode,can I assign controllers on SW1/2/3 just like Tritons do? For example I would like to assign switch Porta SW= toggle or momentary

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Vex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, just found a bug ( a major one, if you asking me) ...

Go to SOUND and pick an empty one or initialize ,to set all default parameters. Then set Voice assign mode to MONO .
Choose ANY multisample (no matter is it ROM or RAM) and press TWO notes simultaneously. You will hear very often that one of the pressed notes starts to last something like you pressed a sustain pedal for a short time. Factory piano acts a lot stranger :

SEE THE VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8H7u2ir9KM

Korg???
zoric

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the bug is happening on my Pa4x also!!!there is another major BUG .....it has been here since Pa3X and it had never been fixed....the problem is happening in Record mode....I do a lot of edit in Event Edit and between every hour or so the Keyboard freezes and it messes up everything I edited....I can confirm this bug with many users here on forum!!!can someone investigate this as well!?
Vex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoric wrote:
there is another major BUG .....it has been here since Pa3X and it had never been fixed....the problem is happening in Record mode....I do a lot of edit in Event Edit and between every hour or so the Keyboard freezes and it messes up everything I edited....I can confirm this bug with many users here on forum!!!can someone investigate this as well!?

Confirming this,too ! Pa3x and Pa4x freezes in Style Record Event Edit after random operations... And zoric reminded me for another bug that follows after saving style in record mode : Sometimes keyboard itself set sounds in style that are assigned in record mode, no matter if in sound play that same style is saved (without original style sound checked) with other sounds... Keyboard forces sounds from record mode (sometimes it is logical, but then,why is there "original style sounds" to be ticked off??? ), that's vary annoying.
Vex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
OMG, just found a bug ( a major one, if you asking me) ...

Go to SOUND and pick an empty one or initialize ,to set all default parameters. Then set Voice assign mode to MONO .
Choose ANY multisample (no matter is it ROM or RAM) and press TWO notes simultaneously. You will hear very often that one of the pressed notes starts to last something like you pressed a sustain pedal for a short time. Factory piano acts a lot stranger :

SEE THE VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8H7u2ir9KM

Korg???

Am I deaf or insane or something else??? Member of this forum @ozdaniel(AD) . says on YouTube comment that this is not a bug ,this is just "mono mode" ,and that behavior is normal ????????????? Or this member is a Korg distributor, so he must says on YouTube " Ok boy,you are new user,you do not know anything" to protect his business ??? ...or something else,I don't care.

If behavior of mono mode in this video is normal,I admit then that I am crazy. Ringing notes and hearing some other random sounds beside that ones that are played... This bug affects sound program in keyboard set ,too. That mono programs make in some moments a short sustain note without any parameter related to sustain or pedal connected. Maybe this is normal on some kids toys, on professional keyboard- I don't think so.

Mono(phonic) sound means one sound only when you press more than one note. In this video there is more than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: