Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Poly 61 Factory Reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asheldon12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Korg Poly 61 Factory Reset Reply with quote

Hi!

I came across this mint Poly 61 at a Goodwill, and have been experiencing nothing short of amazing results for the past two years. I made the mistake of letting a friend borrow it for a short tour and it came back with a bunch of problems. Mainly, the sounds just arent the same; some are even seemingly muted. I was hoping that a factory reset would, to some degree, solve this. Cant find any info on how to do this without the original, physical tape for the unit. Any help as to how to restore the poly 61 back to factory settings would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

A
OIP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's anything like the poly/ex800 you should be able to find the factory sound file online and just do it through a computer/mp3 player line out.. good luck.
monsterjazzlicks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OIP,

Did you manage to sort your problem in the end?

Cheers,

Paul

Mackie SRM 350 (pair), Fender DeVille, Yamaha HS7 (pair), BeyerDynamic DT880 Headphones (250 Ohm).

Sibelius 7 / Cubase 9

Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 1.70gHz, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
Rapid77

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: How to reset a Poly 61 Reply with quote

As the P61 is not a modern digital synth, unfortunately there is no quick reset option and the data all comes back with a few button presses.

There are two options really both available at this site: http://www.synthmania.com/poly-61m.htm

The easy way: download the WAV file and play it back into the Poly 61 tape interface and the factory sound set will be restored. Disadvantage here is that it is not particularly reliable and may take a lot of fiddling around to get it to work.

The hard way: from the same site download the data tables and painstakingly enter all the parameter values (all 32 of them!) for each of 56 factory patches. This will take a couple of hours but it is foolproof and you will learn something about how to program the Poly 61 along the way.

PS: Make sure the ROM battery has been replaced recently....this is maybe why you have lost all the factory presets in the first place!
monsterjazzlicks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Would someone please be kind enough to post a LINK to (say on eBay) the LEAD I would need to transfer a Poly_61 Wav. (factory RELOAD) from my PC? I think it would need to be something like a USB to 1/4" Jack or something?

Thanks a lot . . .

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: