Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 and Fantom G6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mortymorph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 and Fantom G6 Reply with quote

Hi, I've been reading on this forum for quite a while regarding the new kronos 2 and im proud to say i just ordered and cant wait for my new kronos 2 61 keys. I'm a long time roland user, and im using my g6 for quite sometime now. i love my G6, but i think its time for a change and i got this big jump to the new kronos 2. Very Happy

I need some advice, i have another option for swapping my g6 to the kronos mk1. I'm a gigging musician, and im always like switching venues every 3 months depend on my contract. So im new to the kronos so it will be a lot of time for the learning and workflow and to build my new sounds for my band. I'm in a top 40 cover band, so imagine the total of songs that i need to build. Crying or Very sad

So i was thinking i could have both of them, one for the gig that will just stay in my workplace and the kronos 2 will be at my house so i don't need them to move every now and then just to study and program songs.

-- will it be easy to load and backup pcg, like ex. I program a new soundset in my kronos 2, i backup and load it to the mk1 in my workplace
(is there an easy step to just copy one combi or program and load it to the mk1)

-- am I doing the right thing to swap to mk1 because its a good combination for the fantom g6 and the kronos? or will i just retaon my g6?

Thank you in advance Smile
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 2 and Fantom G6 Reply with quote

mortymorph wrote:
will it be easy to load and backup pcg, like ex. I program a new soundset in my kronos 2, i backup and load it to the mk1 in my workplace (is there an easy step to just copy one combi or program and load it to the mk1)

(Guess with Kronos mk1 you mean the original Kronos 1

Transferring Programs/Combis/Sequencer Songs/Setlists is very easy: just do a SAVE ALL on a USB stick and load the stick in the other Kronos. If you have not added additional samples, you can restrict to Save PCG and SNG only, and leave out the KSC's.

The only issue with switching from one Kronos to another is if you would use licensed sample libraries, which can be activated on a single Kronos only; you would have to buy another license key to get it activated on the other board as well. But there's plenty of on board Kronos sounds and several free libraries that should keep you going for a long time..

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 2 and Fantom G6 Reply with quote

mortymorph wrote:
am I doing the right thing to swap to mk1 because its a good combination for the fantom g6 and the kronos? or will i just retaon my g6?

I would get to know the Kronos 2, first, and keep the G6, before getting the second Kronos. The G6 has an awesome sequencer and drum/sample pads, as well as some great guitar sounds. Not sure if you will miss those or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: