Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Big Roland Sampler @ NAMM 2016 ++ RIP Electribe Sampler?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee-hee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: New Big Roland Sampler @ NAMM 2016 ++ RIP Electribe Sampler? Reply with quote

Quote:
Roland has a new 16 Pad sampler/workstation coming and the ACB modeling features I told you about is nothing compared to the other features they're talking about for this new hardware. Anyone who's impressed with their MPC's, Maschines and Push 2's are going to lose their minds when the NAMM presentation is made. What I did see was the video that is going to be shown at NAMM 2016 by Roland announcing the new product and probably later on YouTube like they did with their AIRA line of products.

source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11490769-post41.html

here´s more:

Quote:
Roland will take sampling workstations to another level with their ACB technology.

Models include:

Emu SP-1200
Emu Emax
Emu Emax 2
Emu ESI-32
Emu ESI-4000
Korg SDD-2000
Akai MPC-60
Akai MPC-3000
Ensoniq Mirage
Ensoniq ASR-10
Ensoniq ASR-X
Sequential Circuits Studio 440
Yamaha SU700
Casio SK-1
Casio RZ-1
Casio FZ-1
Roland W-30
Roland SP-808
Roland SP-303
Roland SP-404

source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11487511-post1.html

roland´s new sampler/workstation groovebox will emulate all of the above 20 (!) samplers sound-wise! the news come from an insider at gearslutz who ist highly credible. he/she posted information about akai´s mpc touch more than a month before the official announcment occurred.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not RIP-tag anything unless this device will be under around $600. I doubt that.
Tee-hee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you're probably right.
thesigma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet it won't do emu's a-plane filters, none of the models listed had them IIRC.

Still cool news.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they're just modelling the outputs, sorta like how Maschine does it with the SP12 and MPC60.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have another MC-909-style machine with their new modeling tech or even the GAIA's engine in it.

But it ain't gonna be cheap ...
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
I'd love to have another MC-909-style machine with their new modeling tech or even the GAIA's engine in it.

But it ain't gonna be cheap ...

Yup! But so far just speculation it seems!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, modeling "the sound" of digital samplers. That's one step beyond what I can abide.

Bring on the double-blind taste tests where experts are getting coin flip results.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Ugh, modeling "the sound" of digital samplers. That's one step beyond what I can abide.

Bring on the double-blind taste tests where experts are getting coin flip results.

Do we really need to to emulate the sounds of other samplers? Especially older samplers crappy sound quality?

As long as this new Roland dream machine has every feature of previous models, I think that's all that really is needed. Yes???
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think nailing the Akai MPC 60 and MPC 3000 and the Roland SP 808 is all this new box would need to do.

Plus if Roland can include an interface like the D2 Groovebox: http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/d2.php

That would be absolute win!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbvdb493 wrote:
Yup! But so far just speculation it seems!

True. That said, I left a message with my old Roland rep to see if he'll give me any hints. I kind of doubt it, but he's come through before. Fingers are crossed.
Tee-hee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a big hint that the news are actually true: kazuhiko gomi of roland usa just posted an old sp-1200 ad on the aira fb page. "wow, this is huuuge" (donald t.)

my guess is the new roland sampler will model the converters. some of the above drum machines are 12-bit or 8 bit. The SP-1200 and MPC 60 were both 12-bit samplers and it made drums sound huge cause of this. So roland is modeling those characters into there new drum machine sampler. first i found it odd they wouldn't include any of the S-series samplers either. As well as the Fairlight and Emulators. but it might be that the list posted is incomplete, legal issues, or they won't include all models initially so they can get some more money off you later on selling them like they did with the 7x7 kits for the tr-8.

the gearslutz insider named "the knoq" came thru with the mpc touch info first, so i reckon he's in the loop. his claim is merited. the man was correct about akai´s announcement and the product specs. I have no reason to disbelieve what the dude is saying regarding roland. so i hope all those dismissing what the guy has said will apologies if what he says turns out to be true. btw, "the knoq" seems to work for a *well known hip hop producer* (probably appearing in the first contact video). roland´s new sampler/workstation, to me, seems aimed, mainly, at hip hop people so it kinda makes sense the rumour comes from a hip hop dude. the first couple or aira products were aimed at electro people, the rumour then came from electro dudes.
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee-hee wrote:
a big hint that the news are actually true: kazuhiko gomi of roland usa just posted an old sp-1200 ad on the aira fb page. "wow, this is huuuge" (donald t.)

my guess is the new roland sampler will model the converters. some of the above drum machines are 12-bit or 8 bit. The SP-1200 and MPC 60 were both 12-bit samplers and it made drums sound huge cause of this. So roland is modeling those characters into there new drum machine sampler. first i found it odd they wouldn't include any of the S-series samplers either. As well as the Fairlight and Emulators. but it might be that the list posted is incomplete, legal issues, or they won't include all models initially so they can get some more money off you later on selling them like they did with the 7x7 kits for the tr-8.

the gearslutz insider named "the knoq" came thru with the mpc touch info first, so i reckon he's in the loop. his claim is merited. the man was correct about akai´s announcement and the product specs. I have no reason to disbelieve what the dude is saying regarding roland. so i hope all those dismissing what the guy has said will apologies if what he says turns out to be true. btw, "the knoq" seems to work for a *well known hip hop producer* (probably appearing in the first contact video). roland´s new sampler/workstation, to me, seems aimed, mainly, at hip hop people so it kinda makes sense the rumour comes from a hip hop dude. the first couple or aira products were aimed at electro people, the rumour then came from electro dudes.

Not getting excited on rumours isn't the same as dismissing the guy! I will get excited or not in January once I see the product
immon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exciting news for me actually. I love the sound of old samplers on drums.

BUT what they should really model is the volca sample, because that sounds awesome!
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met with my Roland rep today; he played dumb about the whole thing, but had a grin on his face. That says to me something is coming, but what it is I have no idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: