Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peak knob loose, is this easily fixed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozzles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Peak knob loose, is this easily fixed? Reply with quote

Hi, just joined the forums so that I can get help with this issue I'm having with a used Monotribe I bought the other day. Everything sounds great other than adjusting the "peak" knob... it wiggles around some, if you sort of push it over to the left while you turn it, it works properly. However if the knob shifts/leans over to the right, you get a high pitched squelching noise, as if the knob is turned all the way up.

Hoping that it's something I could easily fix, by replacing the knob or making some other small repairs. I have some experience soldering and fixing electrical things, as long as I have instructions or at least an idea of what to do.

I bought it at a pawn shop in a city 3 hours away, they didn't have the AC adapter or 6 AA batteries at the time, so they said I can get my money back (rather than just store credit) within a week. I am going back to that city later today so am trying to determine whether I should return it or not.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks,

Zac
OIP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's just a pot attached to the PCB, if you have some soldering experience you should open it up and take a look, might just be a single loose connection from someone rocking out too hard.

it's kinda small though so worth taking to someone who is good with soldering surface mounted components if you want to get it done right or want to replace the whole pot. (i'm not sure i would personally try it depending).

the monotribe guts are pretty user-friendly, just take off all the knobs, get a screwdriver and have a look at it. you can disconnect the various boards via clip-in jacks to get at individual parts, in particular disconnecting the battery panel makes it easier to work on.
Familyuluvx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinformation on the letter. I want to delve more v
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: