Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpowell01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

How much is Sam Ash giving back on the Kronos X? Thinking of trading mine in for a Kronos 2 but I have to have the right money for it. I pad a good $3500 for it and I go to Sam Ash I will walk out on them if they ask anything low like they normally do. They won't get me two times.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Guitar Center what they would give me for my 3 year old, mint condition, Kronos X 88. Their reply: $1,440.00. I don't think so. I paid almost $3,600.00. I think Guitar Centers profit on keyboards has shifted from new to used. They used to offer a lot more money on used gear.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Knonos X is now like last years car model that's been driven off the lot. Just not as much resale value now. Yeah, GC and Sam Ash will likely try to sell it for close to full price but that's the way it goes.

Is there some major reason for wanting to move to the K2?
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
How much is Sam Ash giving back on the Kronos X? Thinking of trading mine in for a Kronos 2 but I have to have the right money for it. I pad a good $3500 for it and I go to Sam Ash I will walk out on them if they ask anything low like they normally do. They won't get me two times.

If your X is good condition, there's really no reason to do upgrade unless you're changing sizes. I bought the 2 61 this summer for that reason. Compared to my original 73s and the 88 I use at school, there is no difference in performance. I don't think you gain anything other than wood panels.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
rpowell01 wrote:

If your X is good condition, there's really no reason to do upgrade unless you're changing sizes. I bought the 2 61 this summer for that reason. Compared to my original 73s and the 88 I use at school, there is no difference in performance. I don't think you gain anything other than wood panels.

Also get a bigger SSD, slightly angled touch screen and another piano. But can upgrade the X for far less money that the hit you will take for selling it.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Also get a bigger SSD, slightly angled touch screen and another piano. But can upgrade the X for far less money that the hit you will take for selling it.

I never even notice the angle on the touch screen. I haven't thought about the SSD being larger because I have two drives in my 73s. I actually miss the second drive in the 61 because of the way I organize my performance files.

You are right. You could upgrade those 2 items for far less than what you'll lose.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

Yea I guess I will stick with my Kronos X 88 key. I just thought the Kronos 2 was different as it can do more stuff and future updates will most likely stop for use on Kronos and X while the Kronos 2 users will be getting all the great stuff.

I've been crapped on once by Alesis with the Fusion and I don't want it to happen again. Alesis really crapped on us and left a lot of things wrong in their OS.

Hopefully I will see if I can mod (I know some have tried) into getting the screen to show up on an old LCD)..My eyes are going bad and the smaller screen like this does help them. I can even use a magnifier because its all touch screen..LOL
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I already asked for a iPad Editor app which was of course thrown under the rug. Maybe I should ask the guy who actually make the Editor app. I cannot think of his name and the website.

Anybody know the website?

Last I am waiting on my iPad Pro to get here and it would help to have the editor for iPad since you folks can use it for a MS monkey tablet... Shocked
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Yea I guess I will stick with my Kronos X 88 key. I just thought the Kronos 2 was different as it can do more stuff and future updates will most likely stop for use on Kronos and X while the Kronos 2 users will be getting all the great stuff.

I've been crapped on once by Alesis with the Fusion and I don't want it to happen again. Alesis really crapped on us and left a lot of things wrong in their OS.

Hopefully I will see if I can mod (I know some have tried) into getting the screen to show up on an old LCD)..My eyes are going bad and the smaller screen like this does help them. I can even use a magnifier because its all touch screen..LOL

I really don't think there's anything a 2 can do that the classic or X can't do. I'm not worried about updates leaving the older models behind. This is decidedly not like Apple updates. When I updated my classic to version 3, I noticed some sluggishness when changing sequences. The same sluggishness is there in the 2.

As a 53 yr old trifocal wearer, I sympathize. The 2 screen is no better to my eyes. On the subject is the iPad Pro, got mine a week ago - love it!
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found the SOLUTION to the ipad and PC or MAC thing to use with the Editor. Just install a Virtual Network Connection app from the App store then booom I can connect to both of my macs. I don't know why I didn't think of this before as I connect my MacBook Pro to my other mac...Just grab Mocha VNC Lite from the App Store.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me the use of the UUID in the KSC files? I do remember reading something about it after a 2.x update but I cannot remember why because of all the medications I take. Any help would be helpful.

I am asking because in the Korg M3 I was able to find a way to use a sample pool like the S1000 formats can do. Translator Pro for some reason doesn't Sample pool and converts the patches/samples without sample pooling even though the S1000 format support this.

In the M3 I was able to edit my ksc files and basically combine all my stuff into one ksc file and then pool the samples.

Advice?

Second I tried the above VNC from iPad to my mac and it works great Dan if you want to test it out on your nice sweet 12 inch iPad Pro. Please tell me that thing is NOT laggy like the 2nd generation? I can't get mine until Dec 12 I guess because Apple forced a different release date than the regulate date or Verizon is being so slow even though their website says "Get it in two day"...
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can expect a music retailer to give you a generous trade-in allowance, ever. They are not in business to make you a "fair deal", they're in business to make money.

You are always better off selling your instrument on Craigslist or eBay than trying to get miney for it from a music retailer.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos X.. Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
I just thought the Kronos 2 was different as it can do more stuff and future updates will most likely stop for use on Kronos and X while the Kronos 2 users will be getting all the great stuff

This is incorrect .
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having both vintages, I agree with everyone saying there's no functional difference between the X and version 2.

Other than the wooden sides and the casing, the only other difference I've noticed, is the bootup screen. The Kronos 2 has the sgx2 engine icon, whereas the the X still has the sgx1 icon. I wonder if a bios update will ever change that? I would assume that buying the Berlin Grand, for instance, you would have the sgx2 functionality, even though the bootsceen displays the sgx1.

Actually these black Friday deals are tormenting..... do I buy the exs17 and 18 for my Kronos X 88, even though I have them in my 2-61? It would be good to have them if, for some reason I don't have the 2-61 in the future, for if I had to choose between them, I would always keep the 88 key version of anything.
Must be an insecurity, that I want a backup of everything Smile
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
Having both vintages, I agree with everyone saying there's no functional difference between the X and version 2.

Other than the wooden sides and the casing, the only other difference I've noticed, is the bootup screen. The Kronos 2 has the sgx2 engine icon, whereas the the X still has the sgx1 icon. I wonder if a bios update will ever change that? I would assume that buying the Berlin Grand, for instance, you would have the sgx2 functionality, even though the bootsceen displays the sgx1.

Actually these black Friday deals are tormenting..... do I buy the exs17 and 18 for my Kronos X 88, even though I have them in my 2-61? It would be good to have them if, for some reason I don't have the 2-61 in the future, for if I had to choose between them, I would always keep the 88 key version of anything.
Must be an insecurity, that I want a backup of everything Smile

If you don't mind me asking this but why do you have both if Kronos 2 is no different? Just curious?

Again I still say Korg's is illegally have a license scheme going on by forcing people to repurchase soundware whenever they sell their Kronos. I guess if I sold mine I would not give up the registration because it belongs to me.

I'm emailing our State Attorney's Office this week here in Florida to find out what the legality is about this. Korg must follow all FEDERAL and STATE laws. I will let you guys know. I will most likely email the Federal SAO up in Washington DC to see if what they are doing is legal which I suspect is in a Catch 22 situation. But I want to see if that case law that was enacted by our US Supreme Court is still active or was it ever overturned. The case involved a company who made a certain piece of a software but told their customer they MUST use a certain piece of hardware. The US Supreme Court cited in saying that NO software a person or company purchase can be limited to just a single piece of hardware. This is why Apple cannot tell people they cannot buy OS X to be installed on an home built Intel. This is why Apple is allowing hackintoshes, besides we hackintoshers are a big reason why Apple is making big bucks. If it wasn't for my hackintosh i7 4770k, 16gb memory @2400mhz I would have never purcahsed my Macbook Pro 15". I love OS X. I guess after years and years of Mickey Software Server Environments I got burnt out on it. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: