Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES2 small MIDI Keyboard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taktile sounds like a great solution for what I want. I want to load a different midi channel on each of the 16 pads so I can have one-touch part switching, for purposes of "live looping/pattern building". Does the Taktile have editable velocity curves and/or velocity curve presets? Thanks for your help!
AxeBreaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a few velocity curve presets to choose from. Not sure if you can set the pads to channel toggles, by default they play chords.

I have a Taktile 49, I haven't gone full on with my electribe setup because I mainly use it for the arpeggiator and the keys. I have another scene for my Reface DX, and that I have a bunch of sliders/knobs mapped on.
sharps030

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery powered, small keyboard, real midi out:

Roland boutique
Yamaha Reface
Korg microkorg

You might think that it was possible to have small battery powered keys with a 5-pin din out.... *Without* a polysynth attached! You would be wrong. That product does not exist.
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not wait for this? Battery powered, compact design, arp, velocity-sensitive keys and pads, also it can change different midi channel fr scene mode on the fly too~

http://www.korg.com/hken/products/controllers/nanokey_studio/
timbeaux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause it only have mini usb and wireless
kofla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wich has been granted:

https://www.arturia.com/keystep/overview
sharps030

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it hasn't. The keystep, for all that it looks like a neat piece of gear, doesn't run on batteries. And the nanokey studio is a computer-controller that has midi over bluetooth or USB but not, you know, a midi cable.

If you want real midi out and battery power, there's a pair of Behringer keyboards. UMX25/UMA25.

If you want mini keys as well, be prepared to pay $4-500 USD and get digital a polysynth attached. Yes, this is bullshit.

Although I might be able to use a usb-battery pack with the keystep....
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am looking for a small midi controller to use with my electribe and I am torn between the Korg Taktile-25 and the Arturia Keystep. Does anybody have any experience using both of these? If so, which one did you prefer?

@Steinberger, I have seen you advocate the Taktile a few times. Are you still happy with it? Is there anything you don't like or would change about it?

Cheers!
kofla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FULL DIN MIDI I/O!!

And you can add, with the step sequencer, new variations to each part for more complex creations!!

For me it´s a winner!
Steinberger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
Hey guys, I am looking for a small midi controller to use with my electribe and I am torn between the Korg Taktile-25 and the Arturia Keystep. Does anybody have any experience using both of these? If so, which one did you prefer?

@Steinberger, I have seen you advocate the Taktile a few times. Are you still happy with it? Is there anything you don't like or would change about it?

Cheers!

I still really like my 49 a lot. The arpegiator is top notch but really the flexibility of the whole thing from the front panel of the controller itself is really great once you get the hang of it.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinberger wrote:

I still really like my 49 a lot. The arpegiator is top notch but really the flexibility of the whole thing from the front panel of the controller itself is really great once you get the hang of it.

Thanks man, I played around with Impulse 61 at a friend's house hooked up to my electribe and I really liked it. Didn't get to spend much time with it but changing midi channels on the fly was very quick and easy. I don't have the desk space for a 61 or a 49 but the 25 would fit quite nicely, although it would be nice to have those extra faders.

I may hold out and see how the Arturia Keystep is received before making a choice either way. I've also been looking at the Korg Taktile controller. Decisions, decisions!
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to close the loop: I decided on the Impulse 25 and the day before I went to buy it a second hand Impulse 61 appeared in my local Cash Converters for half the price of the 25, so I bought that instead. Now just have to clear a space for it Cool
tsutek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
just got a new e2s, liking it quite alot so far!

I believe you can use just about any USB bus-powerable keyboard with the e2s as long as you use an USB battery pack to power up the keyboard.

I am just testing using a qunexus with the MIDI expander. For some reason, the qunexus draws too little power, my current USB battery switches off after a few seconds! Need to check if other USB batteries would work better - I am confident that this should work with the right puzzle pieces..

Cheers
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsutek wrote:
I am just testing using a qunexus with the MIDI expander.

Sweet setup.

The qunexus design is so inspired by the nanoKEYS, it's kinda puzzling that Korg did not came up with a solution of its own.
Even if there are not class compliant, they managed this for padKontrol and the Kronos, IIRC.

Rolling Eyes
tsutek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm really puzzled why korg didn't include a din midi output for their nanokey model. Somehow I'm guessing that if they were to make a new version, a minijack din midi output would be onboard.. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: