Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jump in Rhythm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bud2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Jump in Rhythm Reply with quote

When changing from one variation to another if you don't do it exactly at the end of a bar there is a stutter or jump in the rhythm not a smooth change. I also find a similar thing with the "Break" button or foot switch if assigned. I also have a Yamaha Tyros 5 and this does not happen no matter where you hit the variation or break button in the bar. Has anyone else noticed this or is it only me this is happening to.
I have also had the problem when trying to record to the HD it does not always start straight away and part of the beginning is missed.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i think as far as the wrap around changes in tempos and varies, this has always been a problem with the PA series. I mean I don't know if Yamaha can get it smooth, is it copyright info or what? Why can't Korgs?

I'm hoping this is going to be an enhancement that comes through with an update? Even a setting of next bar only would be an improvement. So if you press a button or a foot switch it only changes on the lat beat of the bar and so on.

The HD thing is a known bug I believe, and will be addressed in the update hopefully imminent?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
In all the years I have owned Korg arrangers I have never experienced any jump in rhythm when changing VARs or at any other time.
If my PA ever starts doing that, I'll sell it - it would drive me insane.
I have however noticed it on several demos of the Ketron arrangers.
Never noticed it on my Tyros either.

One annoying problem that has been there since the i-series is that you have to carefully play monophonically when using the ensemble feature otherwise the harmonies can drop in and out.
I don't think that happens on Tyros.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out CUE MODE guys! Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok will do!

Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Cue-Mode / Fill-Mode etc Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
I'm hoping this is going to be an enhancement that comes through with an update?

It would be better not to reduce important features of Korgs styleplayer, but bring back features we liked in the past - like fill-mode!
If you get stutters or jumps and think you are not able to switch/trigger exactly between style-elements (like variations) select cue-mode "Next measure, first measure" for this style-elements.

I think stutters or jumps never was a problem with pa-series, but with users never heared of CUE-MODE. Using different cue-modes you are able using styles in a way as never possible with styleelements that can be triggerd / changed only at the end of measure.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: