Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open editor for electribe sampler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitchblender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, this looks promising! On first impression, I want to get loop start points to zero from the default at the end of the sample, so it's a long wait pressing arrow-down as the numbers scroll slowly... could you perhaps put a bar between arrows for fast scrollling, or input by typing numbers?

Will keep on experimenting,

Cheers!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio - This editor looks cool. I just tried downloading your newest version and my computer still says there is a something potentially harmful in your code. It immediately sends the zip file to quarantine. Can you find out what is different in your code that makes this happen. I don't run into issues like this when I have downloaded the other ES2 editors, like Spleens. Please look into this, thanks.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Brakio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

here are some news of the editor...

I did not really have a lot of time to improve the editor as I expected.

But i have made available for you an unofficial (source is not yet commited on github) windows release:
http://mayflyshare.com/Oe2sSLE-0.0.6-win-x86-test.zip

Next steps:
I have identified potential issues on linux and MacOS X caused by pyglet. I'll try to use pyaudio instead of pyglet for the audio previews in a future release on github.

I'll try to use pyinstaller to generate binary releases for windows, linux and MacOS X.

Loudest
I implemented reading of cue point metadata in order to initialize the slice positions (this is present in the above release), but I wanted to also automatically initialize the tempo steps, but this is not done yet: you'll have to initialize it by hand.

Pitchblender
I know that the fact that it is not possible to directly edit values from keyboard is slowing down the edition. I hope to allow it in a future release, as well as some cancel functions. But there are currently alternatives: you can use UP/DOWN arrows of the keyboard to increment or decrement values by one, SHIFT+UP/DOWN to increment or decrement values by hundreds, or PAGE-UP/PAGE-DOWN to increment or decrement values by thousands : this will be faster. Alternatively you can also drag and drop the point-bars in the wav preview window for the active line of parameters.
In previous releases the refresh of the wav preview display was slow, and it was not easy to use it, but in the above release, this has been optimized and so it will be more easy.

SMK:
I don't know what protection you use, but it is probably a really safe one. I have potential explanations:
- The first one: I did not put any description in the executable for previous releases (name, copyright, ...). I added it in the one of above link. Tell me if it is better : (I have seen warning from Internet Explorer or Edge for that reason).
- The second one: I use py2exe to generate the executable. But because of tkinter (that uses tcl/tk for the GUI) I was not able to generate a working standalone executable (with all the files packaged into the .exe). Thus the generated executable is minimal and calls compiled scripts in the library.zip file. This can be a suspect behavior for an antivirus software I think... This is an issue I hope to solve it by using pyinstaller instead of py2exe (but I did not had time to try it yet).
- The third one, that may be linked with the second one: I do not have a code signing certificate (I would have to buy one), to numerically sign my executable and guaranty that it has not been modified since it was generated. (Moreover even if I had one it would not be useful until all is packaged into the executable). This is something that probably checks an antivirus...
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brakio

Great!
Thank you

I can't wait for the OSX release Smile

(I tried this last release with a virtualized Windows and it works well)

great job
(the most promising editor in my opinion)
Wink
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brakio, thanks for responding to my concerns.

I can't wait till you get these issues resolved. Your efforts look very promising.

It appears that your software can convert sample sounds in a sample all file into waves...is that correct? I am in need of a solution to make that happen.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

not a lot of improvements since v0.0.6 yet, but a new release is available:
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases/tag/v0.0.7

- a bug fix for the wave form display that was not refreshed while editing start/end points
- using pyinstaller to generate one completely bundled executable

since unofficial 0.0.6-test release it is also now using pyaudio instead of pyglet for audio preview.

I'll now try to generate executable for linux and MacOS.

SMK wrote:

It appears that your software can convert sample sounds in a sample all file into waves...is that correct? I am in need of a solution to make that happen.

This software can create or edit exiting sample.all files. You can import .wav files, and edit what is possible to edit in the sample.all file, including loop point and slicing.

Once i will have a stable win/linux/Mac Release I'll try to make a user documentation.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried your newest version.

Still no go. I don't get it. It passed virus protection but now it had DLL errors.

Would it help to know that I am running WIN 7, 64 bit?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Just tried your newest version.

Still no go. I don't get it. It passed virus protection but now it had DLL errors.

Would it help to know that I am running WIN 7, 64 bit?

Ok I'll have a look,
If I do not find, I'll post a debugging version to see what happen
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Error handling while loading files Reply with quote

Hi!

Tried the latest version (007).
When I try to load a file, it just hangs.

I can see the following in the log file:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.py", line 914, in _bootstrap_inner
File "threading.py", line 862, in run
File "<string>", line 106, in _run_thread
File "<string>", line 1803, in fct
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 381, in __init__
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 396, in load
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 338, in __init__
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 351, in read
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 295, in __init__
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 318, in read
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 231, in read
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 76, in __init__
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 99, in read
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 306, in __init__
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 314, in read
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 231, in read
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 76, in __init__
File "RIFF\__init__.py", line 99, in read
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 229, in __init__
File "e2s_sample_all.py", line 265, in read
EOFError: Unexpected End Of File

Maybe some improved error handling is needed.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up Brakio You are really close to making the perfect editor the for ES2. I look forward to having software that will allow me to edit and add samples to a sample all file. The sampler editor portion of your program looks really exciting.

You got the download to not trigger my virus protection. I can't wait till you get all the bugs worked out!

The only other thing I could think off to make this really awesome is add pattern editing where you can add samples to specific parts/tracks/channels.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, Brakio, this is what we need: an Electribe Sampler version of this: https://youtu.be/Uf_lEj49FE4?t=4m59s
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Error handling while loading files Reply with quote

Hi,

Soundsgood wrote:

What kind of e2sSample.all are you trying to load ? Is it a broken file or does it contain something special (particular wav format I mean) ?

I would be interested to have a copy of it to understand what is going wrong in the software, and correct it.

Could you go to:
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/issues
describe the issue and attach a/the file to it?

Soundsgood wrote:

I just released a new version (0.0.8 ) trying to have better error handling.
Maybe it could do the job better and recover from the error (look at the log file to see if there are more details to provide if it works better)
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Keep it up Brakio You are really close to making the perfect editor the for ES2. I look forward to having software that will allow me to edit and add samples to a sample all file. The sampler editor portion of your program looks really exciting.

You got the download to not trigger my virus protection. I can't wait till you get all the bugs worked out!

The only other thing I could think off to make this really awesome is add pattern editing where you can add samples to specific parts/tracks/channels.

Thank you!
I think the problem may come from missing Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable files;
I have added a debugging version to the release 0.0.8. Could you run it from a console and provide the log output in the console window?

I thought also to do pattern editing software. I have analyzed the complete structure of the files but it would take time to program the GUI to edit it properly. We will see that when sampler editor will be ok... If I have enough time and motivation.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Error handling while loading files Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Hi,

Soundsgood wrote:

What kind of e2sSample.all are you trying to load ? Is it a broken file or does it contain something special (particular wav format I mean) ?

I would be interested to have a copy of it to understand what is going wrong in the software, and correct it.

Could you go to:
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/issues
describe the issue and attach a/the file to it?

Soundsgood wrote:

I just released a new version (0.0.8 ) trying to have better error handling.
Maybe it could do the job better and recover from the error (look at the log file to see if there are more details to provide if it works better)

I created a new issue and uploaded the .all file and the log.
This issue seems to be fixed in the .8 build, but it would be nice with a warning message Smile
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Error handling while loading files Reply with quote

Soundsgood wrote:

I created a new issue and uploaded the .all file and the log.

Thank you. It helped me to validate that there was not another error. (The file was effectively truncated, as indicated by the log file)

Soundsgood wrote:

This issue seems to be fixed in the .8 build, but it would be nice with a warning message Smile

Good idea Wink
This is done in a new commit on github. When I will generate a new release it will be integrated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: