Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open editor for electribe sampler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Hey, good news: you can now convert samples from stereo to mono with my editor Wink

check latest release https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases/

You can also Edit the sampling frequency value.

Note: don't forget to use top/bottom arrows of your keyboard or page-up/page-down while (or not) holding SHIFT to edit values faster.

I will try to let you edit the values directly with the numpad in a future release, but it needs some work because of the initial design I took (bad choice) when starting to develop the first versions of the application.

A new update! Awesome!

I guess I can assume that it is safe to update ES2 to 2.02? It is confirmed that files from the editor work perfectly with the ES2 update?

Thanks for all of your hard work Brakio!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the editor with the latest update version and it works fine for me.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
I've been using the editor with the latest update version and it works fine for me.

Thanks for confirming!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a problem importing single cycle waveforms using Brakio's editor, has anyone else encountered this problem? I am trying to load the Adventure Kid waveforms but every time I add them to a .all file using Brakio's editor I get a Card Format Error when I load the .all file in the electribe. This happens even if I load a .all file containing one waveform and no other samples. I have tried selecting and unselecting the one shot box but that doesn't work. I know it's not the waveforms themselves as I can add and load them fine using one of the other sample editors.

Has anyone else had this problem? Brakio could you take a look at it please?

Edited to add: I think this may only be since the latest version was released as I'm sure I have successfully added and loaded them using the previous version.
Can

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Brakio for the love of God please implement 2 very important features.
As mentioned before let the user multi select the samples and change parameters for all. Eg making all single cycle waveforms as loops and as PCM. Furthermore group the same category and let us sort the way we want.

Sample management is a huge pain ,and youre making it far more easier and comfortable but please consider these two ideas in the next version.
I would even pay you for real, we really need this little Programm!

As you may notice, im a bit mad cause i spent 1+ hour only to get all my samples together and its still way beyond finished.

Edit: What does Error message: unpack requires a bytes object of lenght 8 mean?
Brakio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
Hey guys, I have a problem importing single cycle waveforms using Brakio's editor, has anyone else encountered this problem? I am trying to load the Adventure Kid waveforms but every time I add them to a .all file using Brakio's editor I get a Card Format Error when I load the .all file in the electribe. This happens even if I load a .all file containing one waveform and no other samples. I have tried selecting and unselecting the one shot box but that doesn't work. I know it's not the waveforms themselves as I can add and load them fine using one of the other sample editors.

Edited to add: I think this may only be since the latest version was released as I'm sure I have successfully added and loaded them using the previous version.

Hello,
It would be nice if you could create an issue on GitHub, describe which version you are using (are using a release or directly the python code? and if the code, which commit) on which os. Then you may attach to the issue an example of a .wav file that causes the problem (and eventually the .log file of the editor if there are some logging messages related to the import of the .wav file).
Thank you.
Brakio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can wrote:
As mentioned before let the user multi select the samples and change parameters for all. Eg making all single cycle waveforms as loops and as PCM. Furthermore group the same category and let us sort the way we want.

Sample management is a huge pain ,and youre making it far more easier and comfortable but please consider these two ideas in the next version.

As you may notice, im a bit mad cause i spent 1+ hour only to get all my samples together and its still way beyond finished.

Thank you for your comment. I noted that it would be a nice feature.

When I have free time, I'm currently trying to refactor the code in order to make it more easy to change the interface, in order to allow to add such kind of features in the future.

With the refactoring there may be some new bugs appearing. It seems to be the case with your comment on "unpack" and with previous post of Steeplemouth.

Could you provide me details on when this message occurs? As Steeplemouth, please create a new issue on GitHub for that.
Brakio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want also to ask users of the Editor to not use the edition of the sampling frequency until next release (I forgot to update another information specific to the electribe to indicate that new sampling frequency) the fix is already on GitHub and will be integrated in the next release.

Another, news is that I now have a mac, an so I'll be able to produce mac release in a near future.

Since there are currently some bugs identified by Can and Steeplemouth, I will wait to have more detailed information on them, then I will correct them before publishing the next release (that will allow you to directly edit the numbers of the fields with the keyboard and will thus also allow copy/paste). I hope this next release will work also on Mac. It will be a test but maybe I will then need to install an older version of the Mac OS X in order to make it run on version earlier to el Capitan.
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Another, news is that I now have a mac, an so I'll be able to produce mac release in a near future..

Yess!

Great Cool
great news
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Steeplemouth wrote:

Hello,
It would be nice if you could create an issue on GitHub, describe which version you are using (are using a release or directly the python code? and if the code, which commit) on which os. Then you may attach to the issue an example of a .wav file that causes the problem (and eventually the .log file of the editor if there are some logging messages related to the import of the .wav file).
Thank you.

I did some tries with AKWF. I was not able to reproduce your problem.
It would be nice if you could give more information (at least with which sample...).
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Can wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I noted that it would be a nice feature.

When I have free time, I'm currently trying to refactor the code in order to make it more easy to change the interface, in order to allow to add such kind of features in the future.

With the refactoring there may be some new bugs appearing. It seems to be the case with your comment on "unpack" and with previous post of Steeplemouth.

Could you provide me details on when this message occurs? As Steeplemouth, please create a new issue on GitHub for that.

Hey Can, Thank you for the issue on git hub. I found a small bug and corrected it. It will be fixed in the next coming release.

For the new functions I think you will have to wait slightly more, sorry. But who knows...
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Brakio wrote:
Steeplemouth wrote:

Hello,
Thank you.

I did some tries with AKWF. I was not able to reproduce your problem.
It would be nice if you could give more information (at least with which sample...).

Hi Brakio, I will log an issue and send the details as soon as I can, I just have my hands full with work and a newborn baby at the moment. I have tried with a number of AKWF .wavs and I have the sample problem with them all. I noticed last night that the log file for your sampler on my computer is around 700mb in size! Is that normal?
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:

Hi Brakio, I will log an issue and send the details as soon as I can, I just have my hands full with work and a newborn baby at the moment. I have tried with a number of AKWF .wavs and I have the sample problem with them all.

Congratulations.

So I'll will try with more samples to see if i can reproduce the same issue. I do not think you will have a lot of time in the coming weeks (or months...)

To be sure: which OS are using ? (Windows, Linux, ... x86 or x64)

Steeplemouth wrote:

I noticed last night that the log file for your sampler on my computer is around 700mb in size! Is that normal?

700mb ? Shocked

No, I don't think it is normal at all.... Confused
In the log file there should only be warning or error messages.

When you will have time, delete it. Then as soon as it is recreated and you have some interesting information in it (no more than some kb), send it (or PM me a copy paste of the content).
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brakio. Yes spare time is a rarity these days but I will try to get round to this sometime this week or maybe over the weekend.

I am running Windows 7 x64. I'll try deleting the log file and get a new one started.
Brakio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to inform you that there is a new release available (v.0.0.12).
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases

main changes since v0.0.11:
- you can now edit most of the values with text inputs (keyboard or copy/paste for instance)
- sample category is now edited with a combobox
- fixed an issue with the setting of the sampling frequency:
- the new sampling frequency was not taken into account by the electribe (a specific parameter was not updated in the .all file)
- if you have a .all file with such a problem, just open it with this new release and save it.
- fixed an issue with the character encoding of the sample name. ascii should have been used but utf8 was.
- other minor fixes

- For Mac users: I'm sorry but there are still important issues to be solved before I can publish a release.

- For windows users: if you are on windows 10 (maybe on previous versions also), if you have too much samples loaded there seems to be an issue with tkinter: some widgets are not displayed. Try to not have more than 775 samples opened at once if you don't want to wast working time... (all possible samples numbers filled up to 872).

This bugs seems to not occur on windows XP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: